Esato

Forum > Regional > Asia Pacific > Finally! Free & Full Fledged Gprs on Bsnl !

Previous  123 ... 678 ... 282930  Next
Author Finally! Free & Full Fledged Gprs on Bsnl !
freworld4u
V600
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-06-14 11:05
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:

On 2006-06-14 07:52:01, niranjan007 wrote:

considering all the troubles you went thru to get those settings, this seems ridiculous!
ironically, those setting did not work and my uncle dropped the idea of mobile internet even tho he was ready to pay

dude 2 get the settings is not difficult !!!
2 GET THE CORRECT SETTINGS THAT WILL WORK IS DIFFICULT!!!

AND THAT IS WHAT happens after that
"ironically, those setting did not work and my uncle dropped the idea of mobile internet even tho he was ready to pay "

btw uncle's sim from which which zone???
try my settings for approprite region !!
and then see whether u can connect !!!

yaar , WE PEOPLE EAT UP the cc's for gettin information 4 trying tricks and what not
2 get free resources!!
if he is ready 2 pay then why not BAKE THEM FIRST AND THEN EAT THEM!!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: freworld4u on 2006-06-14 12:43 ]
freworld4u
V600
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-06-14 11:22
Quote:

On 2006-06-14 05:34:53, shivam007 wrote:
Hey.. Did any one tried sending Mms by using portal settings? And one more thing i was just playin wit my phone , and then i deleted the celloneportal Apn and then tried to connect.. And to my surprise it got connecte.. Any one got any idea regardin this!

This message was posted from a Nokia

1)yes i tried sending mms with normal and tweaked portalsettings , but it says "invalid PREFERRED multimedia access point" // mms is qued for resending once again!!!
2) i tried as u said deleting apn of portal and then connecting but didn't got ci\\onnected !!!
i u used opera on ur phone then may be its settings cache keeps record of the apn used before with that setting!!!
and thus connects!!
DO U GET SOMETHING OUT OF CONNECTING BY THAT PROCESS ---ANY NEW THING , ETC
IF NOT, then no point in discussing that!!!!
come,join,enjoy & share at most distinct,caring&fastest growin medical community
send join emedicalworld to 567678

<<<www.emedicalworld.org >>>
girish_uce
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-06-14 11:32
Like I said in my prev post, I just downloaded the settings from SE site for BSNL AP and have been accessing GPRS since then.

As per the customer care, min bal for prepaid customers to access GPRS is 500 for all plans. But I am on Indiaone prepaid plan and could access GPRS with a bal of 450 yesterday using freworld4u 's settings. I dunoo if the decrease in limit is because of the Indiaone plan or because of freworld4u's settings. I deleted the original profile by mistake.

Anyways, freworld4u's settings isn't giving me any free browsing

I am using a K750i and Opera Mini browser
CID36 K750i on R1CA021, edited camera driver, menu and Unlimited sms. Mutilated hardware
freworld4u
V600
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-06-14 13:36
Quote:

On 2006-06-14 11:32:47, girish_uce wrote:
As per the customer care, min bal for prepaid customers to access GPRS is 500 for all plans. But I am on Indiaone prepaid plan and could access GPRS with a bal of 450 yesterday using freworld4u 's settings. I dunoo if the decrease in limit is because of the Indiaone plan or because of freworld4u's settings. I deleted the original profile by mistake.
Anyways, freworld4u's settings isn't giving me any free browsing
I am using a K750i and Opera Mini browser

I WOULD LIKE 2 MAKE CLEAR HERE ABT THIS FUNDA (AS MANY QUESTIONS REGARDIN THIS R POSTED) ONCE 4 ALL !!!
SEE,
forget abt balance funda !!!
this funda is all bogus!!
there is no specific fullproof relation of balance with ur "g"signal on ur cellphonE!!
on BSNL AND ALSO ON AIRTEL!!
1) I am surfing with this free gprs of bsnl with 5Rs as balance(which will be decreasing further and later i will edit this also)
AND ALSO , i have surfed airtel live and free spartan's gprs at -20.39rs(minus 20.39 rs) as balance !!
WHAT 2 TALK OF BALANCE NOW!!!

2)also if this is true then why r there variation in balance limit required !!
many people say as per the cc's its 50 rs , some say 10 rs and at my place they say 2rs(FOR AIRTEL)
AND 3000RS , some 500 rs, some 50 rs (FOR BSNL)

BUT, AGAIN BUT,
SOME PEOPLE do say that it has a relation and their signal got disactivated when they decreased their bal below that!!

WHAT I INFER FROM THIS IS----
1) AT MAJORITY PLACES IN COUNTRY( EXCEPT FEW MAJOR CITIES--IF SO)
their is no such limit !!! and if the cc's say so at those places their r proving their worth(as we know)
2)SOME OF THE PEOPLE who say that their signal was deactivated was mainly due 2 their personal setting/ cell problem which r temporary
and they go for recharge and thus normally also the "G" signal comes on screen and they believ this bogus thing!!

THIS IS BASED ON THE FACT THAT MANY TIMES(EVEN WHEN OUR BALANCE IS ABOVE AS SAID ABV THESE RANGES)
thier is absence of "G" on our screens
-----due 2 network problems
or--due 2 calls or sms received in between any gprs session (marked by sometimes a crossed "G")
and at those times server of our provider cant be reached/ communucated--givin us an error !! AND they believe that service is disactivate ddue 2 less balnce!
3) YES , AS whole of the case can't be described on these criteria, what r left r generally people accessing gprs on those selective major network circles/regions HWER BALANCE LIMIT IS ENFORCED--I THINK!!!!!

come,join,enjoy & share at most distinct,caring&fastest growin medical community
send join emedicalworld to 567678

<<<www.emedicalworld.org >>>
niranjan007
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2006-06-14 13:40
@freeworld yeah i understand what you mean. The sim is from south (karnataka). He grew tired of calling cc and finally have up. Will see if your settings work
freworld4u
V600
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-06-14 13:58
hey girish,,
can u exactly tell
1) what all settings do u hav from se site (wid details)
2) what setting r u using 2 surf gprs??
3) how u activated ur "G"??
4) hav exactly read and applied the free setting on page 2?????
shivam007
W800
PM
Posted: 2006-06-14 14:18
@freworld4u i use the standard phone browser.. And as i said be4 its a very old se phone.. So it doesn't support java... It se t310.. And did you tried connecting to Gprs and not Mms by deletin the Apn?

This message was posted from a Nokia

aloneir
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-06-14 18:00
@Freeworld
YOU ARE RIGHT MATE.
No one would believe but it is true. I was in a mood to discard my cellone prepaid, my balance reached negative and they blocked outgoing but GPRS was active and finally when they deactivated my GPRS my balance reached -4386.40 inr.
freworld4u
V600
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-06-14 19:23
@ALONIER
they must hav disactivated ur gprs only
when ur sim was also permanently blocked for all services i.e. ur no. made null!!
and that is obvious also as ur balance is too much in negative (-4386 is a big amount)
they would hav disconnected b4 only as these operators keep watch
on PREPAID defaulters with big negative balance !! ((this i was able 2 know THRU A officer OF BSNL))

WAS THAT SO??
girish_uce
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-06-15 06:43
@freworld4U
I guess the way I accessed wap services was wrong. I had kept the original wap settings profile on my mob and then created a new profile/data account in line with the settings given by you on page 2. Since I was using Opera, it took the original wap profile instead of the new one. Yesterday I tried to access wap services after deleting the original profile downloaded from SE and using the new FREE_BSNL profile and the browser couldn't connect at all. So basically I am not able to browse using the settings given by you.

The settings downloaded from SE for BSNL Andhra Pradesh are:
APN: bsnlwap
Username: ppp
Password: six characters
Login request: Off
I.P Address: Automatic
DNS Address: Automatic
Authentication: PAP
Internet mode: HTTP
Proxy Address: 010.031.054.002
Port: 9401

It'ld be great if you could help me out in this.
CID36 K750i on R1CA021, edited camera driver, menu and Unlimited sms. Mutilated hardware
aloneir
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-06-15 06:50
@freeworld
In page 2 you have given the settings but how it is possible that the server address for each region will be same?
stayback
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2006-06-15 07:29
@freworld

Every region have a different rule... Best example is Airtel GPRS charges. Their charges differs according to regions.

So in your place it might be not a rule to maintain any minimum balance. But here at my place 15/- for Airtel live rule exists.

About BSNL rules, am going to BSNL office now. Will let you know by evening.
Friends care, Friends share, We need friends Everywhere!
aloneir
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-06-15 07:48
@girish
if you want to use a particular setting for opera then do this-
settings >settings for java >select, and then select the internet profile you want to use with opera.
One thing I want to know how you were using opera with your previous wap settings?
girish_uce
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-06-15 08:05
@aloneir
Thanks for the guidance
When I install the settings received from SE, they automatically update the Java settings too. So I didn't have to make any settings changes.

@freworld
I don't have G activated. My service still shows Celone. Still I can browse and mms
aloneir
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-06-15 08:14
@stayback
yeah, i agree with you.Different regions have their own rule.
Here no minimum balance is required to access GPRS on prepaid.one time 50 Rs they deduct to activate GPRS.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 678 ... 282930  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic