Esato

Forum > General discussions > Product reviews > T-Mobile Sidekick Exclusive Review now up!!!

Author T-Mobile Sidekick Exclusive Review now up!!!
djriz
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-10-13 23:06
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi.
I've just posted T-Mobile Sidekick/Hiptop's Review. Check it out at: http://mobile.burn.com/review.jsp?Id=117

Danger's Hiptop makes it easy to stay connected!
Review by Rizwan Malik on Sunday October 13, 2002.

Danger's Hiptop (aka T-Mobile Sidekick) was recently released by T-Mobile - a device that everyone has anxiously been waiting for a long time. It one of the most exciting gadgets ever released and just might change the whole 'wireless' term from now on. This is the first device I've so far used which gives the feeling of 'being wireless'. This modern device combines wireless data applications and a phone in an innovative swivel form factor targeted at mass-market consumers. The device's operating system provides a stylish, user-friendly interface. The unit includes a large grayscale display, GPRS high-speed data, a full e-mail client, built-in USB, and a full web browser. Hiptop is the least expensive device in the market for all the functions it offers. It costs only $200 with $40 monthly plan, which gives unlimited data usage for one year. Hiptop weights about 6.20 oz. (176 grams), a little less than T-Mobile's Pocket PC Phone which is 6.80 oz. (193 grams).....

READ MORE AT: http://mobile.burn.com/review.jsp?Id=117

Let me know what you all think.

-+> Riz.
sunjivas
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2002-10-13 23:26
Quote:

On 2002-10-13 23:06, djriz wrote:
Let me know what you all think.

not much (not tryin 2 b rude or nethin!)

it says theres an internal server error so cant get 2 page
djriz
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-10-14 00:01
Works just fine for me. Not sure why you having that problem. Try again, it should work fine.
If its still not working, maybe your server has a problem, or you are behind firewall.

[ This Message was edited by: djriz on 2002-10-13 23:14 ]
jnonhoffzieg
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-10-14 00:25
Greyscale screen? Not gonna stand up to the impending competition...
T68m -> R2F0004 on Cingular - I want my MMS!
djriz
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-10-14 00:37
Yea, grayscale screen is the turnoff for most people. Hiptop/Sidekick was initially designed to be made in color. But I assume Danger Inc. dropped the idea since color screen would make the price tag for the device much higher, probably to around $500-$600. But Danger will soon be releasing the newer version with color screen.
Even though the device's screen is grayscale, you'll find yourself getting addicted to it after few days.

jnonhoffzieg
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-10-14 01:14
Do you have a price tag for an unlocked version without contract? If that was under $300, I could see it becoming popular in the low-end segment.
T68m -> R2F0004 on Cingular - I want my MMS!
djriz
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-10-14 01:26
Danger's Hiptop (aka T-Mobile Sidekick) is a completly locked device, and I dont think it can be unlocked. Currently only T-Mobile USA is offering it, and will later be offered by other carriers in US and Europe. Since the device is specially customized and made for each carrier, it can only be used for the carrier it was initially made for. For example, T-Mobile Sidekick (Hiptop) can only be used with T-Mobile's special Sidekick plan with UNLIMITED data usage. The SIM card is specially programmed to be only used with the device itself.
nomad7674
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-10-29 15:28
There have been a number of reviews posted out there and they are almost universally positive. It appears Danger has really created something new and different with their Sidekick/Hiptop. However, one has to wonder if they can last with a proprietary Operating System or if they will stagnate like RIM with their BlackBerry devices
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi