Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > logitech Z-5500

Author logitech Z-5500
lamont
W950 Blue
PM
Posted: 2006-05-23 15:27
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
i havent got anywhere to put that in my case either, iv got a crap tiny case which cannot be personalised at the front unfortunaetly. can you buy a stand alone coaxial port? thanks
[ img ] http://a-zott.com/images/A-ZoTT%20Userbar%20Gold.gif [ /img ]
leeboy13
T610
PM
Posted: 2006-05-23 15:31
shite.... ok... well i would personally buy a better soundcard, one with the output on the back...... or go to a shop lol sorry man but ive tried real hard to find that cable and ive come up with nothing atall

you could possible think about cuting teh cables and extending them but i would recomend it mate... dont wanna brerak those nice speakers now do you

I dont know if that possible to get one of those co-axial ports mate... anyone else know?
lamont
W950 Blue
PM
Posted: 2006-05-23 15:38
cheers mate your help been much appreciated! think ill go for a new sound card, any good ones come to head? dont wanna spend much at all really. thanks again leeboy!!
leeboy13
T610
PM
Posted: 2006-05-23 16:00
mate i just found this on the manufacturers website: '**Requires Xbox® Advanced AV Pack or Xbox® High Definition AV Pack, sold separately, or PC sound cards (requires optical cable, sold separately) '

You can also get external sound cards off ebay for around £20 - £30 which may work... depending on them having a optical/co-axial output.....

If only we could find that damn cable in 5 or 10 metres... this would be soooo much easier

lamont
W950 Blue
PM
Posted: 2006-05-23 16:44
ye i wonder why no1 seems to sell them thanks again for the help. the rattling seems to have died down abit now but im sure it will be back in the near future, it still needs moving! il have another look for myself hehe. cheers leeboy
leeboy13
T610
PM
Posted: 2006-05-24 15:19
Can anyone advise please.... me and Lamont have found this cable:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-5mm-M[....]goryZ31492QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

basically i take it as he will need 3 of these am i right? i know its a surround sound setup so im a lil puzzled as to why there are three cables too, also they are all 3.5mm connections..... am i right in assuming these cables will do the trick?

Any help would be grand!
Lee
solidsingh
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2006-05-24 15:21
each cable has a left and right thats y there are 3 of them, 2 of them are for four of the speakers and one is for the sub and the centre speaker i believe
lamont
W950 Blue
PM
Posted: 2006-05-24 15:25
should they work then mate, using 3 seperate 3.5mm jacks instead of the 1 iv got where they are colour coded and stuck together like shown in my previous pic. thanks mate
leeboy13
T610
PM
Posted: 2006-05-25 10:30
@Lamont, welsh tom maentioned to me last night that you may in deed need a male to female connector - i am not sure of this so again, i'd say its best to go to a maplins store with teh cable and ask them... you dont have to buy it off them (although their prices are usually good).....

The one in that ebay auction is a male to male connector... Does anyone know for sure which he needs?
leeboy13
T610
PM
Posted: 2006-05-26 14:19
ight, how nice am i Lamont

I emailed logitec for you and the emails and replies are below

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 14 days.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

To update this question by email, please reply to this message. Because your reply will be processed automatically, you MUST enter your reply in the space below. Text entered into any other part of this message will be discarded.

[===> Please enter your reply below this line <===]

[===> Please enter your reply above this line <===]

To update your question from our support site, click here.

Subject
logitech Z-5500

Discussion Thread
Response (Gautham) 26/05/2006 12.30 PM
Dear Mr. Walbyoff,

Thank you for contacting Logitech's Electronic Technical Support.

I understand that you are not clear as to which cables to use.

I would like to inform you that you can go ahead and try the 3.5mm Sterio Audio Cable Gold 10M that you were able to locate. However, I request you to test the quality of the sound using these cables and also compare the same with the supplied Logitech cables to ensure that there is no deterion in Audio Quality.

Should you have any other queries, please do not hesitate to write back to me.

If you have any additional questions regarding your product, please feel free to visit our website at http://www.logitech.com

Kind Regards,

Gautham Shah
Logitech Europe SA
European Customer Support
Customer (Lee Walbyoff) 25/05/2006 12.56 PM
Hi there, thanks for your quick reply, i respect what you say and totally understand.. my main problem is knowing what cable to get... i have searched for a 6 channel dirsct cable and come up with no joy... i have found a 3.5MM JACK TO 3.5MM JACK STEREO AUDIO CABLE GOLD 10M WHCIH IS A MALE TO MALE CONNECTOR... IS THIS WHAT I NEED? OR DO I NEED A MALE TO MALE CONNECTOR?

TO BE ABLE TO USE THIS CABEL I AM AWARE I WOULD NEED THREE OF THESE TO MATCH THE 6 CHANNELS...

THANKS AGAIN
Response (Anees Ur Rahman) 25/05/2006 12.33 PM
Dear Mr. Walbyoff,

Thank you for contacting Logitech's Electronic Technical Support.

I understand that you would like to get longer cable wires for the Z-5500 speaker.

I would like to inform you that Logitech does not provide any extension cables for any of the device. However, I would like to inform you that since Logitech speakers use a standard speaker setup, you can purchase a standard extension cables from your local electronics store. However, extension cables and adapters can vary in quality and length, which may affect how the speakers will sound. If you experience poor sound quality, try removing any extension cables and adaptors. If the sound improves, you many need to try a different cable or adapter, or use the speakers without them.

Should you have any other issues, please get back to me.

If you have any additional questions regarding your product, please feel free to visit our website at http://www.logitech.com

Kind Regards,

Anees Ur Rahman
Logitech Europe SA
European Customer Support
Customer (Lee Walbyoff) 25/05/2006 11.27 AM
I have teh above speakers and was wondering if i could get a longer 6 channel direct cable? The one supplied is to short. Would i need a male to male or male to female connector? I am looking for about 10meters in length.

Thanks
Auto-response 25/05/2006 11.27 AM

Question Reference No060525-000764
Product Level 1: Logitech
Product Level 2: Speakers
Product Level 3: Logitech Z-5500d
Date Created: 25/05/2006 11.27 AM
Last Updated: 26/05/2006 12.30 PM
Contact Reason: I have a technical question
Modelnumber (M/N):
Part Number:
Operating System:
Software Version:
Brand of Computer:
Point of Purchase:

lamont
W950 Blue
PM
Posted: 2006-05-27 11:01
thank you so much mate! this guy is no.1! hes been helping me with this since i put it up on hear and has done alot more than i have done myself in research and help! Really appreciate it mate and thanks again!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi