Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > New Playstation 3 Controller

Previous  1234  Next
Author New Playstation 3 Controller
ares
P1
PM
Posted: 2006-05-12 14:08
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:
is does vibrate, it has dual shock 3.
thats just a crap rumour spread by other console fanboys...

ridiculous...IT DOESN´T VIBRATE...that´s why its lighter, they removed the vibrations motors.

now, who´s the fanboy???
SE w880 + Iphone 4 16gb
twerg
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-05-12 14:35
Apparently the vibrations interfered with the motion sensor thats why the feature has been removed. If you search online you should be able to find this out for yourself.
Syrus_20
P900
PM
Posted: 2006-05-12 14:44
Had a quick look online...alotta sites contradicting each other so you cant be sure until the spec is released. Alot of sites saying that dual shock is present, but then again alot of sites saying its not. So far all i know is its similar to the ps2 pad, wireless, L2 & R2 buttons raised slightly, larger analogue sticks and its got the 3D movement sensors which i think is brilliant especially after seein the clip with the fighter plane.

Anyway as a PS fan, hope it does include the dual shock cuz i think its important to have it
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2006-05-12 16:13
Ok.... wat i heard is, when Motion mode is ON, Vibration will set to Off, other than that vibration will be ON. It will be weird and dumb if the vibration is taken out of a Nxt-Gen console...

Design... i felt 50/50, 1st i hv already seen it, touched it and basically everyone who owns a PS2 hv used it... yes i felt happy about the change in design however, its a Nxt-Gen console!! I want to see something new for the controller too!! They cud hv made a PS2 controller but 70% more out of the original PS3 batarang controller. It will definatelty makes it looks and feel fresh...
Never Give Up!
arien617
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2006-05-12 17:26
I think the concept would be better as I have seen it in comparison with a persons hand. The L and R button are placed in the centre so that your fingers can wrap around the controller so that they are easier to push and it's supposed to reduce the risk of straining any muscles so you can play for longer on it.

And there is no way that it has no Vib motor otherwise they would lose to Microsoft and we wouldn't want that now would we?
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2006-05-12 18:25
PlayStation 3 site IS UP!!!! visit http://www.sony.com

Los Angeles, May 8, 2006 – Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) today announced the new controller for PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3), which will become available as standard with the system. The new controller can be experienced at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) held from May 10 through 12, 2006, in Los Angeles, California.

The controller for PS3 has been created by refining and improving the world’s most popular PlayStation® controller that has shipped more than several hundred million units worldwide, while inheriting its basic concept and design. The controller for PS3 employs breakthrough technology of high-precision, highly sensitive six-axis sensing system that does not require any devices other than the controller itself for seamless interactive operation, thus eliminating additional settings to TVs. With this technology, ways to enjoy PS3 will be further enhanced by accessing PS3 through the network, while retaining the six-axis sensing capability.

In addition to the “3-posture-axis” of roll, pitch and yaw, “3-dimension acceleration information (X, Y, and Z)” can be detected in high-precision and in real-time. In addition to standard key input available in existing controllers, more natural and more intuitive play will become possible as if the controller has become part of your body.

Pursuant to the introduction of this new six-axis sensing system, the vibration feature that is currently available on DUALSHOCK® and DUALSHOCK®2 controllers for PlayStation and PlayStation®2, will be removed from the new PS3 controller as vibration itself interferes with information detected by the sensor.

The shape of L2/R2 buttons located on the top of the controller has also been enlarged with increased depth in stroke for more subtle control in games. At the same time, the tilting angle of the analog joy sticks has been slightly broadened to enable more delicate and more dynamic manipulation. Along with these improvements, precision of above information detection (L2/R2, analog joy stick) has been increased from 8 bit to 10 bit.

All input information will be immediately transferred to the PS3 system through the Bluetooth® wireless technology. By using a USB cable, the PS3 controller can be swapped seamlessly from wireless to wired, and can be charged automatically. The cable can be attached and detached at anytime.

By integrating all these features into one standard PlayStation controller, SCEI, together with content creators, expects to further expand and accelerate the world of next generation computer entertainment.

NOOOOOOOOOO, vibration goodness is gone......

[ This Message was edited by: 02 on 2006-05-12 17:31 ]
BOSSHOGG
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-05-12 18:37
Quote:

Pursuant to the introduction of this new six-axis sensing system, the vibration feature that is currently available on DUALSHOCK® and DUALSHOCK®2 controllers for PlayStation and PlayStation®2, will be removed from the new PS3 controller as vibration itself interferes with information detected by the sensor.

Translation....We're crapping ourselves over this legal battle with Immersion, so we'd be better of dropping it rather have another $20m to pay out lol

The Wii stick has full rumble.
twerg
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-05-12 19:19
ha ha! and what did i say? i think only 1 or 2 believed me, research is a good thing.
ares
P1
PM
Posted: 2006-05-12 20:45
because you´re your wrong...the real reason they removed it is because some company sued Sony´s ass over the Dual Shock, and won...
SE w880 + Iphone 4 16gb
Xugaa
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-05-12 22:09
sorry if i've made a mistake arez, maybe the source is wrong...

though i think that its stupid to leave the dual shock out if they really have done so, i am fine with it turned off when the motion thing is on and dual shock on when the motion thing is off etc.

[ This Message was edited by: Xugaa on 2006-05-12 21:13 ]
Xugaa
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-05-12 22:18
Quote:

On 2006-05-12 20:45:30, Arez wrote:
because you´re your wrong...the real reason they removed it is because some company sued Sony´s ass over the Dual Shock, and won...

what the hell for?!
EastCoastStar
S700
PM
Posted: 2006-05-12 22:20
do you think there will be a way to take a PS2 controler (with the wire) ad plus it in to the PS3 to get the vibration?
Its good to be back!
Xugaa
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-05-12 22:20
Quote:

On 2006-05-12 20:45:30, Arez wrote:

what the hell for?!

also i don't believe that anyway...
Syrus_20
P900
PM
Posted: 2006-05-13 01:02
No0o0o0o0o! Its all gone in the sh*ts! Well not all of it...lovin the 3D things..but no Dual Shock!? Damnit! I think thats essential to game play really, especially since they usin the Motion Sensors for fighter planes etc and havin rumble at high speeds doin dangerous maneouvers would be awesome!
Xugaa
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-05-13 01:24
Quote:

On 2006-05-13 01:02:57, Syrus_20 wrote:

I think thats essential to game play really, especially since they usin the Motion Sensors for fighter planes etc and havin rumble at high speeds doin dangerous maneouvers would be awesome!

i second... oh well, we're giving up one thing for much much more throughout the whole of the ps3. still shouldn't have to though, if the wii remote control controller can have rumble as well as motion why can't the ps3's? different hardware, abilities, room in the controller for dual shock as well? maybe rumble requires a smaller space so the wii controller can have both...?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi