Esato

Forum > Regional > Asia Pacific > Are Japanese phone makers going to sell phones here when wcdma is in Singapore?

Author Are Japanese phone makers going to sell phones here when wcdma is in Singapore?
clody
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-10-11 18:56
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I would like to know if Japanese phone makers like NTT Do Ko Mo will be coming to singapore after the launch of WCDMA? And also when will WCDMA be launched in Singapore? Hope to get answers...
presence
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-10-13 10:16
hi,
sorry about the about. firstly docomo is not a phonemaker, they are operator. they bought rights from phonemaker that y they got phone under their name. n regarding the launch date, ida is still considering the proposal from singtel n starhub to pospone the launch, which is by end 2004. n there is still a posibility of a 4 operator to enter the market as singapore still have 1 more licence avaliable.
clody
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-10-13 10:26
Oh ok... Hmm... Then I must have made a mistake... But even so I am still waiting when WCDMA comes to singapore... Hmm...
angelraven
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-10-16 22:22
From what I know, WCDMA has been tested in SIngapore for years, but no one seems to be taking it seriously. They have a major lab in NUS testing WCDMA technology for yonks.
Errr.... what is a signature?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi