Esato

Forum > Regional > Americas > Released from contract for free

Author Released from contract for free
jnonhoffzieg
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-10-10 11:33
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I haven't had access to GPRS for 1.5 weeks now in my home cell site. It works fine a short distance from home. Every time I call to check up they tell me they are working on it but don't have any more information.

After multiple calls and telling them that I need GPRS they released me from my contract so that I could change networks if need be. They didn't give me the unlock code saying that my new provider will have to get it from them. The contract release was a big surprise to me- has anybody else experienced this? And I wonder if GPRS will work in the site on T-Mobile or AT&T if it doesn't on Cingular...
T68m -> R2F0004 on Cingular - I want my MMS!
eram
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-10-10 11:56
Wow congratulations! Maybe i'll call up t-mobile and try since i don't get reception or gprs at my house either. Them again i don't plan on leaving anyway since i LOVE t-mobile. Anyway no providerhas signal in my area (analog or digital)...

This post was posted from a T68i

jnonhoffzieg
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-10-11 03:28
Yikes you need to move!

I just read that T-Mobile doesn't offer equipment insurance - do you know if that's true?
T68m -> R2F0004 on Cingular - I want my MMS!
MrSavoy
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-10-11 16:48
Thats correct they don't (anymore). I had handset insurance when I first signed up with Omnipoint 3 years ago. I then had it grandfathered over when VS bought Omnipoint. I had insurenace for about a year and a half then they took it away from me when I upgraded my plan and signed a new contract and got a new phone from them 2 years ago approx. About 2 weeks ago when I got my T68 from TM I asked about insurance and the ysaid they dont offer it anymore at all. With Omnipoint I had it for free in my plan. I always had it for free whilethey offered it while other newer customers had to pay 2.99 a month, which still was worth it. Now they don't offer it at all, which sucks imo.

-Savoy
MrSavoy
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-10-11 16:49
I forgot to mention, I think we get 1 year replacement warranty on any new phones we buy from TM. So I have 1 year on my new T68m-->T68i Not bad.
eram
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-10-12 10:51
If that was upgraded by LVWireless or Robb, or anywhere besides Sony Ericsson in MN here in the US or an SE service center overseas, your warrenty is void since SE in MN is the only authorized service center in the US...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi