W810 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-08 14:28
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:

On 2006-02-08 14:24:01, jcwhite_uk wrote:
@blade runner
It is USB2.0...

My advice to you, go find some documentation to read about USB standards than come back here again to edit your post, this device is USB2.0 compatible ONLY in one way, you can plug it in USB2.0 port although you can use USB1.1 ports for sure
jcwhite_uk
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-08 14:33
My mistake. Didnt read the 12Mbs part. Sorry. That is a bit misleading as any USB1.1 will work on a USB 2.0 port.
Checkout my photos at My Website

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
_LAU_
P1
PM
Posted: 2006-02-08 14:50
Opera press release

Opera Mobile is the default browser on Sony Ericsson's M600 3G phone
http://www.opera.com/pressreleases/en/2006/02/07/2/
sbellon
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2006-02-08 15:34
Previously I was thinking of getting a P990i, but the announcement of the M600i made me reconsider my decision. The camera in the P990i was my main concern because companies often forbit cameraphones on their ground.

I compared the data sheets of the P990i and the M600i as available on the German SonyEricsson site. When comparing the two devices I noticed a few things that seem to be missing from the M600i. I'd like to ask whether somebody here can shed any more light on this.

Apparently missing from the M600i:
* picture phone book
* document reader
* fully functional internet
* voice dialing

I always thought apart from missing camera and Wifi (and of course the different form factor) they are identical?
Pepi
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-02-08 15:48
nice fone but NO camera...dissapointed
_LAU_
P1
PM
Posted: 2006-02-08 15:57

You that complain that the M600 has no camera, please understand this:

- The TARGET of the M600 is NOT YOU --> it's the users complaining that their companies DON'T ALLOW phones with cameras.

END.
gardar
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-08 16:14
Quote:

On 2006-02-06 19:32:45, BobaFett wrote:
@gardar godaften u as an insider, did u have the chance to test it laready or at least before the launch?

I will try my best to get my hands on it as soon as possible, Im also trying to get my hands on a P990 soon
P800 - P910i - P1i - and some non-P phones...
Pepi
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-02-08 16:18
@_LAU_
can't u be a little CALMER and say it a little more NORMAL
S4k1s
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2006-02-08 22:52
Quote:

On 2006-02-08 16:18:40, Pepi wrote:
@_LAU_
can't u be a little CALMER and say it a little more NORMAL

NO HE CAN NOT

It is like we are repeating our selves again and again and again.
The reason why this phone don't have a camera is 100% clear, but people still complain about the M600 not having a camera ...

The point with this phone is the lack of camera, that is the whole point with this phone. It is targeting corporate users that do not want a camera in their phone.
Uncle Bob
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2006-02-09 00:09
To summorise, how does this phone compare with the P990i? Will this phone be the eventual replacement of the P9xx phones, or is it a separate and different range of phone?

Basically, if the two has to fight it out, which one would be the winner? In other words, whith which one can you do more and have more functionality etc. Exclude the lack of camera in this competition as it was stated why this phone does not have a camera.
Brevior saltare cum deformibus mulieribus est vita
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-09 01:02
man oh man! This phone is not a direct competitor to the P990. Okay sure it will compete for marketshare traditionally held by the P910, but they never had a phone like the M600 before. (A pda with no camera) The M600 and P990 are parrallel models, they each serve different market segments that sometimes overlap.

And all youse complaining about lack of wifi - sheesh! It's not a big deal. For you maybe, but think about it - 3G services are virtually broadband speed anyway, so a little extra speed of wifi won't make any difference since you are using the interent over wifi not telephony services.

So if you had to have only one form of high speed data connectivity, which one is more widespread, 3G or wifi? To have both and the phone is suddenly two fat to compete with traditional push email phones like the blackberry (push email services are very successful even though the phones they use often don't even have 3G, and certainly not wifi or cameras)

As far as cost of wifi goes, well once capped data plans for 3G becomes common then everyone will be able to afford as much 3G data as they like and the fact wifi is free won't matter. And no businessman is going to hunt around for a free wifi bubble to save a few bucks, when they have a permanent access to 3G data without any hassle.

So what do you get if you add wifi and a camera to an M600 anyway?

A P990 of course! So if you don't like the M600, just buy the P990. If you want a P990 in a nice slim form factor like the M600, then buy an M600 and live without wifi or camera. The M600 may not be exactly what some want, but it is a perfectly viable competitor and replacement for blackberry type handsets, which is what it was designed to compete with.
jmcomms
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-09 01:30
Not having WiFi certainly isn't the end of the world. If you're always attached to a 3G network, you can go online in seconds. On a 9300i/9500, you must wait to connect to a WiFi network and then make sure you don't move away. Speed often fluctuates as the transceiver is quite weak (or you're going to kill the battery in double time).

If I am on the train, I can hook up to a hotspot while I wait but my train doesn't have WiFi on it when I move.. so I just stick with 3G in the first place. It's fast enough, even for web browsing, thanks to most APNs compressing sites (although compressing the images isn't always a good thing).

I think some people have come into this thread and jumped straight to the last page. From the beginning, it's been made clear that Sony Ericsson plan to expand the range of UIQ devices this year by making devices to suit different needs and tastes. This is the second, and more will come.

By launching a whole portfolio, it's 100% impossible for them to please everyone with every product! Some will have things that others will not, which is deliberate and a good thing to increase sales, enhance profits and ensure we get more great devices in the future. It's good for UIQ too, ensuring we get more developer support from people who may otherwise concentrate on Series 60, 80 and Windows Mobile.
Jonathan Morris
Editor, What Mobile magazine - the UK's leading mobile phone magazine
www.whatmobile.netforum.whatmobile.net
Twitter @jmcomms
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-09 02:41
well said. Many people who dis SE for not including EVERYTHING in one phone, are the same peeps who critiscised SE a year or so ago for having a limited range of handsets. Back then, all handsets where fully featured (example you only had the K700, but it could do everything. The t610, before that, could do everything) Now you've got K300, K500, K700, J200, F500 etc etc etc to choose from. But the J200 for example doesn't even have bluetooth when for a while all picture phones by SE had it.

So with more handset choice, comes harder choices to be made when buying, simple. You can't get away from this equation.
dazbradbury
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-09 03:07
I'm gonna say, i think this phone looks amazing. For me, it will be a tough choice between the m600 and p990i, will have to read a few reviews, play with them both and then find out.

I think too many of you are jumping to conclusions allready. Give it a chance. I'm not a business user, WI-fi would be nice, but it is by no means a neccessity. And the camera, well, they have always been a novelty, i think it's rediculous people expect a camera on a phone. I have a real camera for taking photo's, one where the images are actually usable.

What i'm interested in is the user interface, is it going to be identical to the p990? are the exact same range of apps going to be available? If so, i can easily see myself with this phone, especially if it's going to be cheaper than the p990.

If these phone's get released side-by-side, i will have a tough choice, but if one comes out before the other, i doubt i will be able to hold back.

I have to say though, i'm surprised there was so little hype around this, I can't wait to see this phone for real, it could be a real winner. daz.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 8910 ... 909192  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic