Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > Any W550i firmware details and bugs?

Author Any W550i firmware details and bugs?
kabukijep
W810 white
PM
Posted: 2006-03-28 13:13
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
i lost a credit to R4CB020 EU2 in davinci- i think the file has some corrupt protions or sommat, as i got a config error after flashing was completed (everything went through without a glitch)- i used the older red flash, then SEUS after that, and i now have r4cb020

im asking gsmen if i could get a replacement credit for the first attempt. keep ya'll posted

for the mean time, stay away from r4cb020/eu2 in dvt
kabukijep
W810 white
PM
Posted: 2006-03-28 13:51
changes i've noticed in the new firmware [R4CB020] so far:

- camera software version 4.6
- java sw version 6.3
- improvement in the walkman player! metadata is now displayed for both the now playing screens and artist/album lists for M4A files
- the line bug at the end of lists when using v4.0 themes for W550 seems to be fixed now
- animations now get a weird background; and the overlapping of frames is still there.. (just when you thought it cant get any worse than that..jeez)
- faster menu navigation, but this could just be psychological

anyone else noticed what's changed?
kabukijep
W810 white
PM
Posted: 2006-03-28 17:15
got my credit back! thanks to gsmen

use client 15.3- apparently 15.8 has a bug with the new W550 flashes
kabukijep
W810 white
PM
Posted: 2006-04-01 11:07
more changes:

- the status bar when deleting messages (inbox/sent items/etc) now actually moves!
- smaller font in the walkman player for song number and progress timer
- the bug where the phone would ask for confirmation for deletion when managing files via IR or appears to have been fixed
- new possible bug! intermittently, the music button (left hand side, not the walkman one) would not stop when the phone is locked. I havent performed enough testing as to the conditions involved yet..
- another possible bug! in the file manager (i noticed this for some pics taken with my Canon Powershot I scaled down to size 640w or 1024w), the thumbnails appear as black, empty boxes. This doesnt happen for 1280*960 pics taken with an S700 i transferred to my phone though

on another note, i just noticed a "thumbnail list" viewing option. i dunno if it's always been there or something new with this FW release-
MaLt
T650 Blue
PM
Posted: 2006-04-03 14:15
no update yet from SEUS???
"It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what. The weird thing about telling someone they're dying is it tends to focus their priorities. You find out what matters to them. What they're willing to die for.
scapevlocity
W610 Orange
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-04-04 18:15
Quote:

On 2006-03-28 13:51:26, kabukijep wrote:
changes i've noticed in the new firmware [R4CB020] so far:

- camera software version 4.6
- java sw version 6.3
- improvement in the walkman player! metadata is now displayed for both the now playing screens and artist/album lists for M4A files
- the line bug at the end of lists when using v4.0 themes for W550 seems to be fixed now
- animations now get a weird background; and the overlapping of frames is still there.. (just when you thought it cant get any worse than that..jeez)
- faster menu navigation, but this could just be psychological

anyone else noticed what's changed?

hi, was hoping to get some assistance as to how the firmware update was done. i have 1 credit from davinci but i don't exactly know how to use it/which settings to use. thanks.
scapevlocity
W610 Orange
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-04-04 18:54
the phone also keeps booting up to file transfer mode even when i press the c button before connecting the USB cable
kabukijep
W810 white
PM
Posted: 2006-04-04 23:05
close out and relaunch the update service application

- take the battery out
- stick it back in
- plug the fastport end of the DCU-60 to the phone (dont plug in the USB end to the PC yet)
- hold the C button down (keep it down!)
- when the update service asks you to 'hold the C button and plug the cable in, plug in the USB end (still holding the C down!)

keep us posted if that does it for you
aliveZombie
W550 red
PM
Posted: 2006-04-05 12:55
hey guys i`m new in these forum...and hope that i can help you and hope that you can help me ......
i have a w550i .... since i boutht it it was kind of fine "bad compared to k750i" but its ok .....
after a while a friend of mine talled me about the test and software code and I found a problem during the test
1. speaker test doesn`t work
2. flash LED doesn`t work
3. when i trasfer via bluetooth the phone get locked "not responding" after the second file .....

and my software version is :R4AB048
prgcxc1250031_generi
c_el r4ab048
camera ver. 4.4
content version pa 15
java 6.1

hope that i can get the help as fast as possible
and thank you guys ..

yours aliveZombie
aliveZombie
W550 red
PM
Posted: 2006-04-05 13:04
and by the way ..... i tried to undate the sofware of the SE w550i via USB cable.... i downloaded it from SE`s site and it the massage "your mobile has the lateset ver ..there is no new updates"...what does that mean and how can solve the ******* problem ......sorry and
take care...
scapevlocity
W610 Orange
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-04-05 20:07
Quote:

On 2006-04-04 23:05:19, kabukijep wrote:
close out and relaunch the update service application

- take the battery out
- stick it back in
- plug the fastport end of the DCU-60 to the phone (dont plug in the USB end to the PC yet)
- hold the C button down (keep it down!)
- when the update service asks you to 'hold the C button and plug the cable in, plug in the USB end (still holding the C down!)

keep us posted if that does it for you

thanks for the suggestion... still keeps going into file transfer mode...
kabukijep
W810 white
PM
Posted: 2006-04-05 22:42
Quote:

On 2006-04-05 20:07:54, scapevlocity wrote:
thanks for the suggestion... still keeps going into file transfer mode...

OK how about taking it to a friend who's successfully updated his phone and let him do it for you, just to make sure you're not doing anything wrong? If it behaves the same way, you might want to take your phone to where you bought it from
scapevlocity
W610 Orange
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-04-05 23:13
it may just be the phone. (ego alert.) but seriously, though, i updated my w800i's firmware a few days ago and it worked fine in just one try. is it even worth updating my w550's firmware, though? the only thing i'm concerned about is camera quality. has it since improved? thanks.
eks_are
W550 red
PM
Posted: 2006-04-06 02:22
hai guys...i've tried update my w550i with SEUS update and having de same problems like scapevlocity...when i'm using update via gprs it said i've already latest version....soooo...can anyone help me???....thanks
kabukijep
W810 white
PM
Posted: 2006-04-06 16:16
scapevlocity: there appears to be less noise in the pics (there better be, the cam version's bumped up one notch), but again that's subjective, it might just be me. The improvement in R4C that wont make me go back is improved support for tags in M4A files. Go through the list I have up there ^^^ check if there's anything you really want then go davinci. that seems to be the only way to go for you now
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi