Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > New to Esato? Please read this forum first > Newbie q's: did search, re: time, call list, ask to save

Author Newbie q's: did search, re: time, call list, ask to save
GTwinkie
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-09-21 19:11
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hey guys...

I finally had enough of bad Sprint PCS service and phones and T-Mobile just added unlimited nights to their plans, so I decided to buy a T68 and go with T-Mobile. I love this phone already... the technology in it is phenomenal. I'm glad I came across this forum.... as I have a million and one questions that I hope you experts can clue me in on.

I only have one question now and some comments. First of all, is the time on my phone automatically set by the T-Mobile network? Or will I always have to set it? 'Cause at 11:00pm, it said it was 11:00am. And the only I way I could change that was by manually changing the time. Is there a way to make it read off the network time... that way I know for sure when my night and weekend minute starts.

Secondly, I did a search on how to save phone numbers from your Call List.

Is Phone Book > Add Contact > Home > Push Left > Unsaved Nos REALLY the ONLY way to do it?

It's just REALLY hard for me to believe that Sony Ericsson overlooked a simple convenience feature like that. All they needed was an option in the Call List that said "Save." There seem to be a lot of commands on this phone that are executed by holding a button for a second or two. Why couldn't they just allow us to hold the Yes button down for two seconds to save a number in the Call List?

And on top of that... even the simplest, cheapest phones allow you to just type the number at the main screen, hit a button that says "Save," and THEN put the name in and what not. I tried to put a girl's number in the phone tonight... and it took me too long to go through all the steps. So instead of fumbling around with my phone and making her wait... I just grabbed the 'ole pen and paper. When someone gives you a number real quick... you can't just type it in at the Standby Screen and then take your time to put the name in and what not. You have to go through all the menus and options to finally be able to put the number in. Is this really what I have to do? I think I found the easiest way to do it is to put the Add Contact command as the first item in the shortcut menu. Anything simpler?

What do you think Sony Ericsson's logic behind leaving these simple convenience features out was?

Also, I finally figured out what "Ask to Save" was... only by the Help menu on the phone. Strangely enough, the user's manual doesn't even mention it. Now it only asks you if you've completed a call, right? And is it normal that it takes a few seconds for the prompt to come up? I'm not supposed to press anything after I press End right? Again, why did they have to (1)make the delay that makes us wait to be prompted and (2) again, why didn't they just add a simple function to save a number you just typed in.

Is there any way to make the phone NOT show a "1" before all incoming calls. Even local numbers are showing up that way... and it's annoying when I want to save it.... I have to go delete the "1."

Is there some reason I can't go to any WAP sites? I have the service, but I tried to go to several sites and nothing worked. I even tried this site. I typed in http://wap.esato.com/ and it said "Failed."

Also, does anyone have experience getting a T-Mobile service center to upgrade their T68m to a T68i? Do they have the capabilities?

Sorry for all the Newbie Q's... I did a search and that helped me answer a lot of my other questions, but I still had some left over. Thanks for all your expertise guys... I think I'm really gonna' enjoy this phone. I just hope I'll be able to learn about its full capabilities through you guys. And thanks for your patience with me as I learn the ropes 'round here.

[ This Message was edited by: GTwinkie on 2006-02-26 11:17 ]
DmX
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-09-21 19:29
upgrade your phone to T68i
GTwinkie
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-09-21 19:40
Haha... thanks.

So does that solve the Saving numbers problem?
yapliren
K750
PM
Posted: 2002-09-21 19:43
yea .. upgrade to t68i software and you can save the phone number in the easy way that you mention
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi