Esato

Forum > General discussions > Product reviews > Bluespoon mini-review :)

Author Bluespoon mini-review :)
Epedemic
Z1010
PM
Posted: 2002-09-27 13:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
i saw an all blue one at my bi-weekly visit to nextlink but the "standard" one jan designed looks much better imho...
duncanb99
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-09-27 16:35
According to Expansys:

The Bluespoons are currently being detained by UK Customs and Excise and will be released on Monday or Tuesday.
Newton
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2002-09-28 01:03

I was wondering, I'm looking for something that I can use to answer call when I ride my motorcycle without having to go through the time consuming "wiring" of a normal hands-free... which means Bluetooth

I for now have the HBH-15 which of course can't fit under my helmet, but since the Bluespoon is very tiny, I kinda think it might do the job. But the main problems is: is it resistant enough no to be broken by the pressure it might get when putting the helmet on and would it stay firm in the ear or would it be displaced by it?

@ Jan

And I know this isn't any of your business, but I asked around here in Switzerland about the Bluespoon and they have no clue about what the thing is except some geeks that still have no clue about its availability over here... Any official dealer here or do I have to order it from the CE?

Thanks in advance and great job Jan, btw!

Newton
richieleo
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-09-28 06:38
Does anyone know where I can get an online review of the bluespoon?
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-09-28 07:12
newton, I'm presuming you're hoping that Bluespoon will fit between your ear, and your helmet padding... is there any space at all? You have to understand that as small as Bluespoon is, it is fat...kinda like a big beetle.

It does stick out of your ear sideways... if you want a slim (flat against your face) profile...I'd recommend the HBH-30... the thickness is evenly distibuted since the battery is located behind your ear instead of on it. So far, the HBH-30 is the FLATTEST Bluetooth headset I've seen. The Bluespoon is the smallest, and the HBH-10/15 seem to have the longest range. I can't say anything about the upcoming HBH-60, although it looks like a cross between the HBH-30 and Bluespoon in that it's an inch shorter than the HBH-30, but fatter...much like a highlighter marker.

OR, you might want to try the HBH-20... just a thought
Newton
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2002-09-28 14:15
@ jplacson

Yeah, thanks, you might be right... I guess the HBH-20 would be the best thing, but you still have this cable thing, and if you get caught in the rain during the ride you can be sure that water will drip on the cable to the bt module...as for the HBH-30, I like the earpiece thing, which would prevent it from falling when putting the helmet on...

Well, I guess I should just go to a shop with my helmet and try a bunch of those bluetooth headset...
Newton
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2002-09-28 14:23
oh, and i forgot...
@ richieleo

It was posted on the other thread

Here's the link

http://www.nextlink.dk/download/pdf/MobilSupertestSep2002.
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-09-28 19:00
Superluminova > The Bluespoon sits IN the ear,..it doesnt have a spring/coil/bracket around the ear,..it sits inside your ear,...so e.g. glasses wont even be in contact with the Bluespoon

The small bendable spring sits in the upper bend of your ear,..and the moulded part goes into your ear.

You have 4 different springs,..two black ones (harder) long and short version,..and two white springs in short and long versions.
So it should be possible for everyone to find the right one, hehe.

------------------

EPE > Thanks, hehe. I've seen the Blue Bluespoon too,..its sort of "retro/back to basics" version,..looks a bit like the first Spoon ever shown

------------------

ORANG > Dont know about the different colors just yet,..they will come.

Funny thing,..people newer before discussed "headset-colors" hehe.
I find that cool
Guess we could do Bluespoons in all sort of colors and designs

-----------------

About motorcycle-riding and Bluespoon,..hmm, helmets today sit very close to the head/face,..I'm not sure that any headset would fit inside.

Maybe it would be the HBH-20,..ordinary looking headset.

I did actually do some concepts/ideas for a Bluespoon-motorcycling-kit,...might wanna work some more on that one

-----------------

ZAND > I'm not sure, that You'll be able to buy one,..but You would be able to try it out I guess at Pilcon.
They are getting shipments, but I dont know if those are sold already.
You could try and mail them/phone them
http://www.pilcon.dk

-----------------

About Bluespoon in the US,..I think some negotiations are going on right now,..I'll get back with info.

Bluespoon should also be at the Comdex in Las Vegas,..I might go to, as I'm in the US at that time.

Jan

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi