Esato

Forum > Regional > Americas > unlocked phone on T-Mobile SoCal show 'Cingular' !?

Previous  12
Author unlocked phone on T-Mobile SoCal show 'Cingular' !?
jnonhoffzieg
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-10-04 02:53
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Sparky72, sorry I missed your question until just now...

It sounds like you either haven't added data access features to your account with T-Mobile, or else there is no GPRS network in your location. Check with T-Mobile, and if they say you are good for GPRS, then try accessing GPRS from somewhere else at least a few miles away.

Actually, I am having very similar problems right now with Cingular (Cingular and T-Mobile share the same network) I have been in touch with Cingular and they are indeed having technical problems with some of their cell sites in OC. For example, my GPRS works in Santa Ana but not Newport. I bet you are experiencing this as well. I was on the phone with their techs yesterday while they sent an emergency email to engineering, and hopefully the problem will be fixed by tomorrow. I'll let you know once it's working for me again...

Jeff
T68m -> R2F0004 on Cingular - I want my MMS!
Sparky72
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2002-10-04 03:12
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
It could very well be that I don't have it enabled on my phone. It's a work SIM chip so I'm sure they've restricted them from internet access... you know, all the cool stuff. ha ha

I went to get my software upgraded today from a guy in San Diego. I've got a T68i now! It's WAY cool!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi