Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Tips and tricks > remove or rename Service Provider's name

Previous  1234  Next
Author remove or rename Service Provider's name
decoy7
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-04-26 18:16
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
sceptices are inevitable as most people talk sh** so i probably wouldnt believe it myself.

i've posted some additional pics...it's 5:16PM in London now...my clock was 5PM and just after in the photo's.

crooked letters are a result of my webcam...if you want a high resolution pic i can get geeky and post one of those...any requests for background pic?

same location: http://www.pbase.com/decoy7/pics

[ This Message was edited by: decoy7 on 2002-04-26 17:17 ]
mixin
T66 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-26 18:26
looks real to me...
not sure i like it though...
Fahed_2000
P800 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-26 18:26
I don't think the sp info is saved on the card
My friend was network called One2One then she lost her t68. So she got a new sim and a new t68 where it also showed one2one. Fewdays later it suddenly changed to T-Mobile (no idea what happened o the network)
darwint
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-04-26 18:29
Altering the Service Provider to whatever you want is in the SIM card itself and not the T68 phone. I bought this program and sim card reader off ebay for $10 and it lets you alter some of the settings including service provider. Makes it easier to add/edit contacts using your own computer keyboard quickly.

I don't know this seller but it looks like the same product.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1348977548
rdlc
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-04-26 21:04
The service providers name isnt stored in the sim or the phone its sent to the sim via the network your using which is why if u visit another country it will display the service providers name your using. U can replace it via the phone but it wont follow through to your new phone and thats how the nokia ones do it. Do u think your service providers would let u do that im sure they wouldnt.
jamojdm
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-04-29 12:52
Dont u guys think that the like of Ericsson and Nokia have there own test networks installed to test there phones on? Seeing as they make phones and offer solutions for networks doesn't seem very supprising if that is so.

Therefore I guess the photos will be taken of the phones on there own networks.

Jamo
Armin
P800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-29 13:15
You guys really want to remove the name of your service provider from the display of your phone? No problem....

I've found a solution, but in order for it 2 work u need 2 things:

FIRST: Your background picture must be a picture where the area around the sp-name must be of only one colour. For instance the original SE background with the green ball in the middle. The area around the SP-name is white.

SECOND: You need to transfer a layout, for instance "Classical", to your computer. Then you edit the file classical.xml and change the line:

change to:

(FFFFFF is the colorcode for white...)

Now the outline of you SP-name will also become white. And since the color of the SP-name already is white, the whole SP-name will disappear!!

Of course, this only works if the area around the SP-name is white. If it's for instance red, then you need to change the color code (both for font color and outline color) to red.

I hope you guys understood this explanation.

I've tried doing this. But I'm not an expert in editing the layout files. First I rename the *.thm to a *.tar file and then I extract the file. After I'm done editing the file I have to compress the file to *.tar again and rename it to *.thm. But the problem is that the programs I've used to do this compresses the files first to *zip and then converts them to *.tar. So when I send the file back to my cell it says that the file doesn't work...?

I'm sure my idea works, but I need someone who've successfully been able to edit a layout and tranfered it back to the phone and seen the layout work. So if there are any of you out there, please contact me!!

2 all you others, Good Luck!
vtr
P990
PM
Posted: 2002-05-01 09:54
Armin,

How did you know: "(FFFFFF is the colorcode for white...)", would you happen to know where i can get the complete codes for all 256 colors?

Appreciate any help
roadrunner
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2002-05-01 19:47
Armin:
don't untar the file, just open it in a hex editor if you only want to change some colors.
Armin
P800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-05-01 19:52
Oh, you mean like the edit-command in DOS or notepad or Wordpad?

If that's what you mean, it doesnt work, I've tried?
I cant seem to figure out what is the problem..!!

Or maybe you know of another hex editor...?
No Winter
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-05-10 01:34
Can the sim card editor be used in a way to allow the display of operator logos on a sim that has it blocked? for nokia phones...
MO
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-05-10 02:12
Quote:

On 2002-05-01 09:54, vtr wrote:
Armin,

How did you know: "(FFFFFF is the colorcode for white...)", would you happen to know where i can get the complete codes for all 256 colors?

Appreciate any help

http://users.rcn.com/giant.interport/COLOR/1ColorSpecifier.html

http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_colors.asp

[ This Message was edited by: MO on 2002-05-10 01:20 ]
apaman
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-05-10 03:22
Ok I have a question um I just inserted my friends sim in my t68 and when it is in english it reads his original operator name and when I change to chinese it reads another name they go by um wierd.!
Lethal
T610
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-05-10 14:19
Facts:

YOU CANNOT CHANGE THE SP NAME
It is broadcasted when you connect to the service, it is not stored in the phone, it is not stored in the SIM.

However,
with the T68i or T68m (with MMS software upgrade) you can change the theme colour settings, and therefore you could change the title (desktop text) colours to match those of a single colour background - thus giving the effect of no SP-name on screen - cheating I know, but it's the only way.
decoy7
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-05-12 12:07
changed mine as stated a short while back., YOU cant change yours, doesnt apply to everyone mate.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi