Esato

Forum > Regional > Americas > How do I send an SMS message to email address in t68 address book?

Author How do I send an SMS message to email address in t68 address book?
mistereed
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-09-10 04:43
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Have been searching around and can't find the answer to this question. I can send SMS messages fine but if I write a message, choose type Email, it asks for an email gateway. I don't know what to put here so that I can go to the next step, which is to select
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-09-10 05:04
you have to ask your SP for the correct email gateway.

but why don't you use your phone's email client instead?
porterg
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-09-13 15:26
Sending email as sms will probably depend on your GSM carrier. First thing is to obviously store the email address in the phone book. Then, go into "messages", then "options". then "messagetype," then "set on send", and turn that option "on." Whenever you send a message, the phone will ask you what type of message you want to send. Pick email. Under options, sms, there is an option for email gateway. You need to find out what that # is. With Cingular Carolinas, it is 111. Have someone send u and email. There will be a reply to #. Try suing the first 3 #'s as the gateway #. This should allow you to initiate email.
decoy7
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-09-13 15:56
with this UK email gateway you can send email from sms +447815088091.

in your sms message type the email address first followed by a space then the text of your message, recipient cannot reply but they can see your phone number as the sender.

also works for sending fax insude the UK, not tried abroad.
BBBold on T-Mobile UK
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi