Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Receiving e-mail from Japanese mobiles and PC'd!

Author Receiving e-mail from Japanese mobiles and PC'd!
ofiaich
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2001-12-01 11:49
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hello!! I have an intriguing question. I want to send and receive e-mails to my friend's mobile and PC in Japan but the body of the e-mail received by the Japanese mobile cannot be read. It just says invalid text.

I cannot see e-mails that I download to my T68 either. The body is blank! I DO NOT expect to see Japanese characters but Japanese PC's and mobile phones can send e-mails using the Roman alphabet. I hoped to be able to see the Roman alphabet characters.

I did own a R380s and this could display the e-mails received but I could not send successfully to a Japanese mobile. [However, I could send to a Japanese PC!] I know the R380s had the option to choose UTF-8, ASCII and also the ISO-8859-x codes. I know the Japanese code is ISO-2022-JP

Interesting, I also had a Sony J5e and that could send successfully to Japanese mobiles!

My dream would be if Ericsson software engineers and developers spoke to Sony software engineers and developers!

I have contacted Ericsson support but...
Any ideas?

[ This Message was edited by: ofiaich on 2001-12-01 11:50 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi