Forum > Regional > Americas > Upgrade T68 to T68i in Boston Area

Author Upgrade T68 to T68i in Boston Area
NewWaveNet
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-09-09 00:05
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Heya All,

I am looking to upgrade my T68 (the one w/ Chrome buttons) running firmware R2B013 to T68i, preferably with the most current version. I however do not feel comfortable shipping my phone to some random person on the Internet. Can I do this myself (I have a data cable and IR capabilities) or are there any shoppes in the Boston area where this can be done? Also, am I correct in assuming my current firmware cannot support theme packs?

Also, this will not affect my service, correct? Any ATT customers in the US upgrade their T68 successfully without issues? Any and all comments are greatly welcomed and appriciated!

Cheers-
Austin
MaK_TeN10
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-09-13 17:55
I just sent my phone to Robb.. great service, unlocked and flashed my phone.. i should get it back today.. he called me yesterday to let me know the status.... so i shouldn't have a problem, i was leary about sending my phone to some stranger too, but he was highly recommended and very nice. Search this board for his email, i dont remember it off hand.. i also have att and i will let you know if i have any problems, ie: data accounts disappearing, etc...
MaK_TeN10
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-09-13 18:00
I just sent my phone to Robb.. great service, unlocked and flashed my phone.. i should get it back today.. he called me yesterday to let me know the status.... so i shouldn't have a problem, i was leary about sending my phone to some stranger too, but he was highly recommended and very nice. Search this board for his email, i dont remember it off hand.. i also have att and i will let you know if i have any problems, ie: data accounts disappearing, etc...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi