Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > The Dog- Mans best friend?

Previous  123 ... 1213 141516  Next
Author The Dog- Mans best friend?
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-09-08 16:01
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
according the thread name, i do prefer cats instead of dogs.
Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-09-08 16:04
@ayush, it's simple. It tastes nice, and if we weren't meant to, I'm sure I'd body would reject the food.

At the end of the day it's more about what you are brought up to believe or the way that you view animals.

Some view animals as having some means of thought equal to a human, and some dont believe it.

The only way in life is to prove it.

When all the animals unite together to eradicate all humans, I guess then people will see the truth, if it is the truth at all.

Note to thread creator,
maybe the title should be changed to. (look at man's best friend - a reason to be a vegan)

or this discussion should be moved to another thread.
I for one wouldn't like my thread being shifted from topic to topic.

Oxygen Inc|Oxygen Mobile

[ This Message was edited by: amnesia on 2005-09-08 15:05 ]
whizkidd
W950 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-09-08 16:15
@amnesia, this thread has imho never veered off topic

...but you're right about the thread name..do suggest a good one!

ok..i see you have already suggested one...

[ This Message was edited by: whizkidd on 2005-09-08 15:19 ]
Ayush
W850 black
PM
Posted: 2005-09-08 16:24
@amnesia ur dog doesnt exaclty eats u up!

proof isnt it?
Ayush
JK
W995 Red
PM
Posted: 2005-09-08 16:50
Im sure if you feed a dog human flesh it will eat it.
amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-09-08 17:01
proof of what?
It proves that dogs have a choice in what to eat.
Just as we do.
I'm not arguing, whatever I say you'll try to say something in return.

As I always say, never argue with a Vegan, it's like fighting a wall.
Compare every UK Mobile deal available! | Qatar - A complete guide to the heart of the Middle East
whizkidd
W950 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-09-08 17:32
@amnesia, For a "vegan" the same logic applies to a non-vegetarian.
Ayush
W850 black
PM
Posted: 2005-09-08 18:13
not necessary to go all the way and become a vegan. vegetarian would suffice

u non veg guys frustrate me.

my whole family is non verg barring me. no one pays heed to me. sucks.
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-09-08 18:33
Quote:

On 2005-09-08 10:50:06, Ayush wrote:
@786 you are really ruining the mood of this thread.

@max I beleive animals and humans should be treated equally. U say animals dont have compassion? You are wrong. It is the humans that are scheming, never an animal! Ever thought about that?

Animals are defenceless creatures and are more than objects of appetite. Someone said its ok to eat chicken but not dog. wrong! Chickens might look syupid but are very intelligent birds. They live in families, form hierarchies and socially interact.

And anyway..even if an animal doesnt do anything humans dont have a fooking right to put their paws on them!!!

Ok lions eat becoz they dont have the same logic as humansdo.

Humans are the smartest creetures in the world. Use it!!!

Actually have you ever seen a cat stalk a bird, no compassion there. Have you seen dogs rip apart a rabit and NOT eat it, just do it for fun? My point is that animals don't kill for fun, they do it to survive. But they don't necessarily understand that their food source has feelings though, which is why they can have fun at another animals expense. They will however have compassion for their own kind in certain circumstances, and even for other species, but it is rare in nature.

Animals are not defenseless creatures, you completely dishonour them by saying that. Many of them kill every day. This is right and noble and it is the cycle of life.

Humans are part of this cycle too, and we need to eat. Even plants are living beings slaughtered for our sustenence. The difference between us and animals is we have the ability to understand the suffering of another creature in a way an animal just can't conceptualise (due to our intelligence as you so rightly claimed). Because of that knowledge we are honour bound to ensure there is no undue suffering, and that there is honour in our use of animals to suvive.

An animal on the other hand, because of it's lack of knowledge of the suffering of it's prey, will have fun playing with it's food until there is almost no life left and then start eating it's prey before it is even dead. The animal suffers no karmic debt for this, since it can't understand the true suffering involved. The human will not suffer karmic debt just for killing and eating an animal, since that is necessary for survival. But to unnecessarily taunt and abuse them in doing so does incur a karmic debt, exactly because we are capable of understanding the suffering we are causing.

Even if you don't believe in karma, you could just as easily use the word "guilt".

BTW Animals are into scheming in a big way - any one who owns a pet knows how devious they can be when trying to weasle more food or get onto the lounge when no one is looking!
Ayush
W850 black
PM
Posted: 2005-09-08 18:41
u can laugh ur way outta this but this is just wrong
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-09-08 18:58
I'm not laughing at killing them mate, that's sick. I was laughing in a fun way at how sneaky my cat can be. You treat every non-vegetarian as some animal hater what's the point in that? Let's freaking attack each other shall we? That's real natural in'it.

I care about animals just as much as you do.

Human diets throughout the world are supplemented by protein from animals because the land just can't yield enough protein and animo acids from grain and rice alone.

Which 3 billion of the 5 billion of us here should die to prevent the deaths of animals for food? Perhaps you should be one of them since you think you are so much more committed to animal welfare than non-vegetarians?

You weren't even bothered to respond to my argument because of your arrogant presumption of righteousness. What would you do if hunted down by a lion as it tears into you with a look of glee on it's face? Would you still think they have compassion?

Your argument has no logic. You say we are equal to them, yet we can't do as they do (kill to eat).

Everyone has their view and like you said yourself the lion kills to eat.
ADT0079
T610
PM
Posted: 2005-09-09 00:27
Quote:

On 2005-09-08 14:43:00, whizkidd wrote:
@786, i never said ALL Animal killings are bad. Killing an animal for food or to make use of its body parts for human consumption while we have other comparitively humane means is bad is what i said all along.... Let me repeat, a lion killing an "innocent" deer is not bad or cruel, its natural..

Just like me killing and eating a animal is natural..it's a way of life for me im happy for you being a vegin as it does not effect my life but dont preach to me about what is right and wrong..As im sure there is Leather in your life one way or another..

I fed a Cow A hamburger one time and low and behold the thing ate it......Canabalism anyone

[ This Message was edited by: ADT0079 on 2005-09-08 23:29 ]
solidsingh
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2005-09-09 00:34
@amnesia, you say if we werent meant to eat meat our body would reject the food, we arent supposed to get cancer, our body doesnt reject that
mrao
P1
PM
Posted: 2005-09-09 01:25
I thought only threads on religion and politics ended up being labelled contovertial....Add another topic to the list
amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-09-09 04:04
you're comparing a disease with food.

however if you wanted to be technical, we do reject it, by dieing!
Compare every UK Mobile deal available! | Qatar - A complete guide to the heart of the Middle East
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 1213 141516  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic