Esato

Forum > Regional > Americas > Letter to Ericsson

Author Letter to Ericsson
nico
T68 grey
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-09-01 05:34
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I sent this letter to Sony Ericsson, I propose that many should do the same, maybe the pressure will change a few things...

Sonyericsson Inc.
7001 Development Dr.
Research Triangle Park
NC 27709

Madam, Sir,

I am the owner of an Ericsson T68m purchased through my VoiceStream/T-Mobile corporate account representant.

I am experiencing multiple problems with it, including system freezes, reboots when connecting an original Ericsson hands-free head-set, etc, etc...

I talked to my VoiceStream contact and he is quite unable to respond to my questions. I called the 1-800-ERICSSON customer support number.

This is when I was more than surprised by what I was being told: "You will have to send your phone to our only service center in the USA.".

To their knowledge, there is no way a software upgrade can be done locally!!!!

This is very surprising as this is something very common, at least in Europe. All that is needed for the operation is a PC, a cable, a software (emma II), a hardlock equipped with a smartcard and Internet access.

I would like to receive a more knowledgeable and, if possible, a more positive answer to a simple request.

Moreover, when I asked about the very real, simple and legal possibility of upgrading my T68m to T68i functionalities through the software upgrade, I was again given a very disturbing answer: "This is not available in the USA."

Very, very surprising...

Please respond quickly with your best solutions to my problem. I am very unhappy about the quality of the customer service in this country compared to what I was used to in Europe and the Middle-East.

Best regards,
Deltayoda
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-09-01 07:12
Yes, I own a T68i. I have not upgraded my phone yet, but I plan to when I head for Europe this month. The upgrade center here in the USA is rumored to be unreliable and some people had phones returned with scratches on them after weeks and weeks of the phone supposedly being upgraded.

I'm surprised that Cingular and Voicestream dare sell those phones with outdated software here. It really gives a VERY BAD image of because of this.
orang3
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-09-01 08:35
... i think they sell it without upgrade everywhere ??
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back to you
nico
T68 grey
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-09-01 15:01
My problem is not the phone that I bought without the latest firmware, it is really with SonyEricsson USA...

Nico
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi