Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > Serious Bluetooth issues with K750/W800

Author Serious Bluetooth issues with K750/W800
floatlite
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2005-08-16 00:52
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Right I know there have been a few mentions in threads of Bluetooth issues with the K750.

I have been having great problems with my (fully up-to-date K750, R1L002) with regard to maintaining a stable Bluetooth connection with various bluetooth headset and car kit devices.

I have bluetooth built into my car (Citroen C4 VTS) and it is awesome. I have used it with my SE P910, a Moto V3 and a Nokia 8800, and it always perfect, BUT since I got my K750 I had problems. I have definately ruled out the car (as all the other phones are still perfect, as is my mates SE V800).

The phone pairs fine with the car, and it connects, but every 10 mins or so, it disconnects, and then randomly reconnects, it's bloody annoying. The phone also does this with various bluetooth headsets (SE, and Bluespoon). When it is connected and I try to make a call, the call starts in the actual handset, and then randomly switches between the car kit and the handset!

I also recently aquired an SE W800, and surprise surprise, it is exactly the same.

I emailed the lovely people at SE Customer Service, and look at the reply, god, I laughed, I was trying to work out if they even read my mail!!!

My email

Subject: Bluetooth issues with K750i.
I am having issues with my Sony Ericsson K750i handset, with regard to the
Bluetooth connection.

The phone has problems maintaining a constant Bluetooth connection with
either a car kit or Bluetooth headset. The handset will successfully pair
with the other device, but once connected it constantly disconnects and
occasionally reconnects.

I have this problem with both my Sony Ericsson Car kit (HCB-30) and my Sony
Ericsson Bluetooth headset (HBH-660).

I have returned the K750 and had it exchanged, but both the the old and the
new handset are the same, and I have also updated the handset to the latest
Firmware version (R1L002), which is supposed to have sorted the issue, but
it has not helped, the issues remain.

Other than the Bluetooth issue, the phone is excellent, but I use it has my
business handset, and it is vital that I can use it safely and legally in my
car, and until this issue is sorted I am unable to use my handset.

I know it is definitely the K750 at fault, as I have also used a Sony
Ericsson P910i, and it works perfectly, as well as trying it with my friends
Sony Ericsson T630.

I would appreciate some information as to when Sony Ericsson plan to rectify
this issue.

Regards

David Sharp

The reply!!!

Dear David Sharp,

Thank you for contacting the Sony Ericsson Call Centre.

With regards to your enquiry, for the following models the requirements for Sony Ericsson Update Service are:

- I have a PC with at least a Pentium 133 with 32 MB RAM or more - a Pentium II 233 with at least 64MB RAM is recommended

- The operating system on my PC is one of the following: Windows 2000 (SP3 or higher required) or XP (SP1 or higher required)

- I have installed the PC Suite on my PC - the PC Suite can be found on the CD that came with your product or on the http://www.sonyericsson.com/support

- I have connected my USB-cable between the phone and the PC and installed Update Service USB driver - Drivers and install instructions are available on the http://www.sonyericsson.com/support

- My phone is turned on

- My device is fully charged and the charger cable is disconnected

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again for further help and support.

For more information on our products and services, please feel free to visit our website at www.sonyericsson.com

www.sonyericsson.com/fun
Register now for great content and fantastic Web and WAP Services.

Kind Regards,
L Haqqi

Sony Ericsson Call Centre
mailto:questions.gb@support.sonyericsson.com
http://www.sonyericsson.com

I was wondering if anyone else is having some similar issues??

sailaab
S700
PM
Posted: 2005-08-18 01:15
.. lovely people at SE Customer Service.. David, I guess they are as 'lovely' the world over.

Now, I too bought Akono 660 with my fingers crossed as I had heard these various things. Thankfully it works okay with P910 (which I rarely take out of the pouch) and also with my S700..

Besides, K750 has had some teething troubles, YET not resolved. Had this buddy of mine from whose K7 (to my S7) I kept getting 'connection failed' for every other file I tried to BT to my phone.. ..
Today is the First Day of the Rest of my Life!
SE TRIVIA
fu1at
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2005-08-19 09:45
just wondering do u experiences any auto restart moment with ya phone... blank screen(white) then a few sec later the phone prompt go back to normal.

if u do... please go back to service center... i got a friends faced the same problem as u mentioned here... and he got his K750i replaced.
dlewis1340
Z800
PM
Posted: 2005-08-20 05:31
This is similar to a problem I have with my v800 and a Ford Mobile Ease car kit.

My z600 worked great and so did a v3 moto. Now I'm stuck with aphone that does not like my car kit and it is annoying.

It sounds like several of the newest hadnsets have issues with car kits.
mario2002
J200
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-08-20 06:15
Huh buddies, i feel sorry for you but should you have read all over the net you should have realized that SE in general is not a friend of bluetooth technology ! It looks like they've introduced bluetooth into their handsets because the competition did so.Some of the models stil use a cradle for up/download and upgrades ! If you want solid bluetooth connections go look somewhere als :-)

This message was posted from a Nokia 7650

k4m!k4ze
W710 Violet
PM
Posted: 2005-08-20 06:29
@mario - Sony Ericsson were one of the first to incorporate Bluetooth into their phones. In fact the BlueTooth specification was first developed by Ericsson
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence of your attempt !!
mario2002
J200
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-08-22 04:14
Indeed, Ericsson (and Nokia) are huge network providers too. (ericsson is the biggest) and hence they've helped to develop bluetooth.The problem here is, SE is a different company with its own goals and decision making management.It looks like proper bluetooth implementation is not guaranteed, even if one of the SE parent companies were involved into its development.I know is sad but this is the truth,otherwise this same tread should have not existed ! Greetings from South Africa. Mario :-)

This message was posted from a Nokia 7650

dietbrand
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-08-22 08:55
Mario,

As stated before Ericsson invented the BT technology, they then made it license free so other mobile phone makers would impliment them into their products.
The Ericsson T39 and R520 were the first handsets to have BT. Since then all (mid-class to high-end) phones from Ericsson and SE have had BT (in fact it's the other brands that have followed SE in supporting BT, not the other way around) .
The implimentation of the technology isn't always perfect, and they have come a long way. My R520m just eats up the battery with BT on, my K750 hardly consumes more battery power. Most early model nokias with BT were useless with an SE headset and only worked with the nokia ones.
I believe that of all brands SE is the best in supporting BT, and certainly are commited to the technology and its implimentation.

I'm pretty sure these teething problems with the K750 will be resolved promptly with a future FW update.
I am a bomb technician.
If you see me running...
TRY TO KEEP UP!
vineet_d
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2005-08-22 10:05
@dietbrand:

I agree with you 100%
Nnnnsic
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-08-26 16:02
It's not actually a teething problem so far as we understand it.

From what I've heard, the version of Bluetooth that Sony are using in this model is a proprietry Sony version that can only properly support Sony Bluetooth equipment.

One of those lovely ways to get you to buy Sony's Bluetooth accessories.
ryanbp
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-08-27 10:59
I have a k750 and the problem i have with its bluetooth is im able to transfer files from my phone to pc. If im transferring from pc to phone, the connection usually gets lost specially if the size of the file is 50kb or more. Im already using the latest full version update of my bluetooth device from bluesoleil but it still haven't solved my connection woes.
onezone
T610
PM
Posted: 2005-08-28 12:37
...My god.. same here. the bluetooth service with the K750i and even the D750i is absolutely crap. works ok with geniune SE products, but the moment you try it with anyone elses products it either doesnt connect properly, falls down after the first connection. or just doesnt work at all..

When will it be fixed? or won't it?
happycheesecake
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2005-08-28 14:04
Hi guys

I've just set up some 2,500 K750i phones complete with HBH-662 headsets, and most of them won't stay connected for more than 12 hours. I chatted with our SE manager and she put us in contact with a developer @ Ericsson.

The K750i / W800 has Bluetooth 2.0. And unfortunately BT 2 wants to connect using EDR - Enhanced Data Rate. Bluetooth 1.1 & 1.2 don't support EDR.

From what I understand, the K750i / W800 tries to reconnect using EDR every 15 minutes or so. This can cause the connecting device to drop the connection...
...Silver Xperia Arc, 32GB SD card...
Str1ker
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-08-28 14:45
Does this mean that if we connect our K750/W800 to a Bluetooth 2 device, it will work perfectly and eradicate the problems that seem to occur with devices using Bluetooth 1.1 & 1.2?
Del
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-08-28 15:25
Maybe thats why my bluetrek g2 dosen't work with my K750.

I just found these specs on th the g2

Operating distance: 10 meters
Weight: Around 12 grams
Capacity: Up to 9 hours talk-time and 300 hours stand-by time
Bluetooth: Single-chip solution; Complies with Bluetooth specifications v1.1
Ear compatibility: Reversible hook for either ear with smooth material for long hold
Battery: Rechargeable Li-ion with low battery indicator
Noise: Cancels background noise
Volume: Adjustable volume

Bluetooth 1.1

If this is the case then it appears to be a waste of a good headset
Brought to you straight from the event horizon of a quantum singularity.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi