Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > New K750i owner moved from Orange SPV 500

Author New K750i owner moved from Orange SPV 500
543kal
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-08-08 20:33
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi all,

Loving this forum from what I can find it appears to be one of the most active forums out there on the old mobile phone front.

I’ve just upgraded from an Orange SPV 500 (lovely phone) to an Ericsson K750i on the O2 network in the UK and have a couple of questions please. Hopefully these will be of use to quite a few newbies who have all ran out like I did to buy Sony’s latest must have gadget :

1) Is there an easy way to get my Bluetooth adaptor talking properly to my phone? I remember for my SPV I found a really useful guide out there and was wondering if anyone has done the same for the K750i?

2) I’ve noticed that sometimes when I am synching outlook with my PC afterwards when I am using the phone it sometimes doesn’t show the memory stick? Is this normal? This has become more paramount as my mp3 ring tone changes to the default one as they phone can’t see the mp3 file on my memory stick.

3) What are generally the best settings for the camera? Am I wasting time in having the camera set to the highest resolution etc or have people found that there actually is a difference in quality in using the highest setting?

4) On my SPV you could bring up a task manager to kill all active applications that you didn’t need running – does the K750i have this feature as well please? If so where would I find it?

5) Is there any way of getting rid of the O2 operator logo?

6) Does anyone know of a way I could import my text messages on my SPV safely into the new phone? Or if there is a safe way of importing the text’s from my SPV to me PC? I have previously used Jeyo Mobile extender but unfortunately my trial version has run out and it wont let me re-install the trial just for this one off backup.

7) Is there any way of speeding up the menu system? I remember on my old T610 selecting English as the primary language for text’s etc seemed to speed the menu up – is this still the case?

8 ) Is there a good site with loads of themes available for the K750? See here for an example of what I mean:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?dlcategory=1

9) Is there a way of getting MS messenger working on the phone?
10) Is it worth installing Avantgo anymore? I used to use this years back with my palm pilot but have no noticed they insist on sending you their own spam etc?

11) Are there any neat tips and tricks out there that every newbie should be aware of ?

Many thanks all

543kal

[ This Message was edited by: 543kal on 2005-08-08 19:34 ]
543kal
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-08-08 20:46
Come on team 13 views and no feedback ....... help a newbie out
Nokialoverx
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-08-08 21:00
I love to argue! Just want to play things down.All i am saying is,i will be the most determine nokia fan to defend the brand from biased comments.

This message was posted from a Nokia

KrisUK
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-08-08 22:58
1. How'd you mean?

2. When it's connected to the PC, you can't access the memory stick from the phone. Once it's disconnected, you should be able to but make sure you disconnect it with the "Safely Remove Hardware" function. If it still happens, it could be a firmware bug. Early firmware of any phone tends to have small bugs like this.

3. It depends what you're taking a picture of and what you want out of it.

4. The SPV is a smartphone. The K750 isn't. You can minimize some things and easily browse back to them but the only way to close them is to go back to them and select exit. That's the closest you'll get to a function like that with a non-smartphone.

6. Float's Mobile Agent would be able to extract them to your PC and allow you to transfer them to your K750. Google it.

7. No. The only way it will speed up is with future firmware updates but it's not exactly slow as it is.

8. http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=695027

9. See the above link. You'll find an application called X-Messenger. It can be used to connect to MSN.

10. This isn't a smartphone if you mean you want to install a smartphone application.

11. See #8.
augustborn9917
T610
PM
Posted: 2005-08-08 23:05
1. cant get any easier than SE BT. pair PC with phone, pair phone with PC and voila. to send files to phone: right click--->send to--->k750 (make sure BT is on)

2. sorry, i dont use synch option, cant help.

3. there is a difference in quality with every change in setting. go all the way. make sure to set your picture quality to "fine"

4. press and hold "end" (curved arrow button) will kill all active applications and return you to standby

5.no, but you can find themes that blend the oplogo with the background to look almost invisible

6. look into: FloAt's Mobile Agent

7. k750i is as fast, if not faster than most nokias. no need to speed it up. certain firmware revisions can speed it up even more R1L

8. http://gallery.mobile9.com/c/sony-ericsson-k750-themes/1/

9. there are some java apps that allow you to chat. details escape me.

10. i dont know if avantgo is compatible with k750. the k750 has a limited capacity HTML browser, but uses GPRS so it is slow and expensive. "wireless reqviewer" is a third party app that allows you to surf HTML sites, but it is also slow, and viewing it on a tiny screen can be impractical.

11. littered all over the boards are tips and tricks, browse though the threads. if you do not have the patience, you can look HERE
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi