Forum > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > Proudly Nigerian forum

Previous  123 ... 641642643 ... 646647648  Next
Author Proudly Nigerian forum
artwales
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-05-28 16:08
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
i am really at a loss here cos i've tried unsuccessfully to configure the Windows Mobile. i actually have 2 glo sims; one is a postpaid line while the other is a dedicated data sim. None works but they work well on my old p990.I used the ff settings;

apn:glosecure
username:gprs
passwd:gprs
[ This Message was edited by: artwales on 2009-05-28 15:12 ]
http://www.artwales.biz
brym!
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-05-28 17:56
@amby: I don't think that restriction is still there; prepaid can use glodirect and it seems that his sim is already activated for glodirect.

@artwales: The settings are OK. If the glo sim works in P990 it should work in a WM device. I don't have my WM device with now, can you just list the steps of configuration so that I can crosscheck when I get home.
[ This Message was edited by: brym! on 2009-05-28 17:03 ]
Always Exploring Possibilities
artwales
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-05-29 19:38
I do browse easily with my MTN SIM on the phone, so i guess the problem may not be the configuration. Sent 2 unreplied mails to glo. Went to the frienship centre in The Palms, My initial inquiry about blackberry was not satisfactorily answered so i was actually afraid of asking a more technical question like configuring a WM phone. I just walked away.
http://www.artwales.biz
ambyzown
W902 Red
PM
Posted: 2009-05-30 17:42
Have you guys heard that the new SonyEricsson Idou (Satio) will now run on S60V5 just as in the Nokia 5800? Interesting!!!

[ This Message was edited by: ambyzown on 2009-05-30 16:53 ]
brym!
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-05-31 08:49
Quote:

On 2009-05-30 17:42:00, ambyzown wrote:
Have you guys heard that the new SonyEricsson Idou (Satio) will now run on S60V5 just as in the Nokia 5800? Interesting!!![

Trust SE to disappoint as usual. So we have to look up to Nokia to release the first Symbian Foundation OS device.
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2009-05-31 10:45
Hi everyone!

Was just passing through and read the Satio comments. I don't think we should put the blame squarely on SE, sure, they jumped the gun by announcing that Idou will be the first to run the new SF OS based on the foundation's estimates regarding the readiness of the os, but the more I think about it the more I feel SE was snubbed by Nokia.

As the initiator of the foundation and having been the major shareholder in symbian Nokia was never going to let anyone beat them in being the first to release the first device running the new os.

I've never made it a secret that I hate what SE did with UIQ, that was the os of the future but they screwed it up badly. Now they have to be playing by Nokia's rules.
brym!
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-05-31 23:59
Better to have Nokia release the first Symbian Foundation OS device considering how previous UIQ releases by SE were quite unstable initially. Now that SE is taking the back seat in SF, hope they enjoy it.

brym!
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-06-02 11:43
@amby: How do you check your data usage on Zain lite? Everytime I enter Zain's data usage string " *141*712*0# " , I get " You have used 0.0MB of your current 100mb bundle. Your bundle expires on...". I use Zain lite on a WM device that lacks a data usage counter?
easydee
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-06-02 17:14
Hi guys!...it's been a while o!. So this forum is still here? Though, i've not noticed many new members, i guess the oldies are the ones keeping it alive! I read about the guy looking for free browsing, get your freedom (yf) it doesn't browse so much with mtn but on zain it's totally free. That's what i was using till my lappy crashed a week ago. Safe!
As you go through life, do all the good you can, to all the people you can, in all the ways you can, because you never know who you might need tomorrow
easydee
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-06-02 17:18
There are also some ips that you can change, i.e on mtn, you change ip, port and homepage and you'll browse totally free without cheats. Can be slow though, probably cos there's no 3G where i stay.
ambyzown
W902 Red
PM
Posted: 2009-06-03 19:50
@Brym: That service code you posted is what I use to check my data usage on zain lite. I don't know why it doesn't work for you.

@Easydee: welcome back o. join the oldies in ensuring this great forum remains alive.
Let go and let God
coolapostle
T610
PM
Posted: 2009-06-05 15:32

On 2009-06-02 17:14:04, easydee wrote:
I read about the guy looking for free browsing, get your freedom (yf) it doesn't browse so much with mtn but on zain it's totally free.

Talking about free...

I am back online thanks to an "not secured" wifi network near my office. I had brought my newer Dell Vostro to the office (and took the older HP home for madam) and my wifi catcher displayed about 7 networks in my office area that the HP never showed. I connected to one of the unsecured ones and -voila!- I was on the net browsing for free.

LESSON: Use at least a WEP key for all your wifi networks (even though I hear it is no longer secure to a committed hacker with the right tools)

So, thanks to someones blunder, I will be online for a long while. I think.

Coola is b a c k.
My web properties: Nigerian GSM Articles
coolapostle
T610
PM
Posted: 2009-06-05 16:45

On 2009-06-02 17:18:19, easydee wrote:
There are also some ips that you can change, i.e on mtn, you change ip, port and homepage and you'll browse totally free without cheats. Can be slow though, probably cos there's no 3G where i stay.

Are you saying yf will work with 3G too?

I really need SPEED. Browsing on my PC @7kb/s is just too slow for what I want. Meanwhile, my freebie wifi is fluctuating between 20-70 kb/s. Not bad. I also turned off some win vista settings to remain invisible.

@All. I didn't get to see new central bank Chief Sanusi but I read the news that he dazed the Senators. I hope he won't get into trouble with his cut-the-7-point-agenda-to-2 talk. Besides, what can he do in the CBN?
My web properties: Nigerian GSM Articles
ambyzown
W902 Red
PM
Posted: 2009-06-06 12:38
Yea I can see that coola is truly back, thanks to free wifi. Ride on Bro.
By the way, does anyone know about the state initiated broadband access that ipNX is propagating?
nehee
Model not set
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-06-09 05:23
Hey guyz, i'm nehee da compu guru i've a cool stuff in d house, d Opera mini v.4.2 is doing wel 4 me n i must tel u dis d world is in my hand right now n i'm surfing d net without paying a bit penny. A lot of thanks 2 d Opera mini v.4.2. Any way i've d whole settings n it's working n it's F-R-E-E if u want or need it even aim 2 get it n start surfing 4 free, dat is very easy 2 get just txt my no or call d hot line: 08069829245. U can also e-mail me @ 1nehee@gmail.com
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 641642643 ... 646647648  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic