Previous  123 ... 678 ... 464748  Next
Author The Egyptian forum
mustafabay
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2005-04-28 13:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Comunications, so does that make it even worse
Actually I've only really read about it in the papers. I hadn't notticed that the network was down but rhen I'm not glued to my phone. And in Helwan most of us don't get a signal anyways. So you tell me how was I supposed to know?

Ok so I'll leave the subject hanging and you'll be a telecom historian in my eyes, unless you're a CEO of Mobinil
mahora
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-04-28 14:09
CEO is Close enough
But then If you were right, you wouldn't be talking to me then, rather to my secreatry
Any way I promise you that if your follow up more closely and your skills improve, I promise you a job after graduation

[ This Message was edited by: mahora on 2005-04-28 13:22 ]
mustafabay
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2005-04-28 14:32
Well its going to take a while for me to graduate, but thanks for the offer.I hope we both remembers this three years from now

[ This Message was edited by: mustafabay on 2005-04-28 13:35 ]
mahora
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-04-28 14:42
Your skills are improving already
mustafabay
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2005-04-28 18:53
At least skills don't weigh anything ie they can expand without me worrying about gaing weight, don't want anyone to missinterpret anything about my skills

And since this is a discussion about Egypt and SE mostly, well the T290 is here.Of course that's for those who don't already know, and is being advertised as the cheapest colour phone. LE515, I haven't even seen an Alcatel at that price :-0
All I want is SE get its prices down closer to the worldwide average. Some people say the P910 is around $600 and for us its LE4444, UMM LE500 too much?

[ This Message was edited by: mustafabay on 2005-04-28 17:56 ]
mustafabay
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2005-04-30 11:50
GRRRRR!
Vodafone's GPRS has been down for 4 days now, or at least I think so. 4 days is how long I haven't been able to use wap and I don't see any reason why I shouldn't. The only thing I'd like to know is if the blue triangle indicating GPRS depends on the network or does it just depend on whether GPRS is enabled on the phone?
mustafabay
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-02 15:02
It seems that some people come here when they are at work
mustafabay
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-03 10:25
And another frustration. Deltek is advertising Siemens like crazy and cutting its prices. Can't they do that for brand less likely to go out of business? SX1 cheaper than K700 now that's crap. I know they want SX1 to stay equal to 6600 in price but keep K700 more expensive, now that's something I can't understand. Although that might be good news that SE is selling well and they see no reason to drop prices but still. And where is the K300? I guess its going to sell for LE 930-970 to be close to the C65 but where is it? And why did they only cut LE70 off the K500 price, K500 shoud be selling for LE 1350 max. SE might be selling great, but if they don't cut prices at the right time this year's models like K750 will be too expensive and SE sales will go down, and I can't see the logic in that.
mahora
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-05-03 16:43
The prices of the k7 in Egypt took the first fall, but only after its prices were declining worldwide (something like 10-14 days after). I was following up closely on it, and the prices in Egypt only dropped after a little while from dropping worldwide. As for the k5, it's next in the list of falls, but what made it take a little longer is that the k3 shipping was somewhat delayed (started mid-March, meaning it'll be here in Egypt by mid-May). By the way Q1 results for SE profits were below expectations.
Deltek doesn't advertise Siemens (or SE for that matter) on their own, they just carry out the instructions of Siemens International.
Siemens International is trying like hell to keep its mobile division afloat. They are trying to do that both horizontally and vertically. Horizontally means gaining more market share. One effective startegy of doing that is to cut dwon prices. Vertical growth means maximizing profits (Siemens mobile division has been recording losses for several years now). Siemens plans to do that by selling more low-end handsets like crazy (these sets will be available by Q3) It is even rumored that Siemens mobile division is to be sold to Motorola. That's a last resort for them in case all above mentioned strategies fail.
And you know what, I only come here when I am at work. How else can I offer you a job, unless I was "in the business". It's a simple mathematical deduction based upon elementary deductive logic priciples. Your so-called skills score a minus this time.
mustafabay
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-03 18:29
So how many point do I need to get the job? And how many do I have? Delvek advertise on their own. How else could it be, when LG hasn't had an ad for months and LG depends on advertising like hell to sell its crappy phones. And Deltek is stupid in other ways too. In ads for moto they give an adress in Madeenit Nasr, and there is only SE and LG there. How stupid can they get?

This message was posted from a T630

mahora
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-05-03 18:42
Again Deltek is just a franchiser. They cannot operate on their own, even as far advertising is concered. You need to understand each manufacturer's approach in order to understand their marketing strategy. To LG, the Egyptian market represents a small fraction of their sales. LG has a tendency toward penetrating through the Asian and Chinese markets. In this arena, LG has to stand up against another ghoul, i.e., Samsung. That's why LG does not tend to waste its efforts in vain through pointless marketing campaigns in such trivial markets (to them) as the Egyptian.
mustafabay
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-04 16:04
One thing I'd like to see from operators is lowering the price of GPRS, SMS and MMS. All they worry about is the price of the minute. If they would decrease the prices of SMS in particular it would be really nice. I think that with all the worrying about the price per minute everyone forgot how to text. I for one would benefit a lot, I consider myself a keypad worrior Why is is that companies don't try to destinct themselves, they're going to need it when they get more competition. When we get a new network everyone will be tired of both mobinil and vodafone and will think a lot about switching. One thing for sure, whatever company that enters the Egyptian market, they'd better use a new colour blue would be nice. And whoever thought of giving up the green part of mobinil? And what company does Al-Walid bin Talaal own?
mahora
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-05-04 16:43
Both companies of Egypt are mimic freaks, once one of them brings out some new service, the other would copycat cat either the whole service or the idea and put it in another form. I guess they just can't afford to stand out
Al Walid hasn't entered the telecom market, at least not that I know of just yet, however he tries to get the 2nd licesnse in Saudi Arabia, but Etisalat snatched it from him. Probably he wasn't that serious about entering the Saudi mobile market, because his offer came 5th, may be he was just testing
He doesn't have a specific company name yet because when such tycoons intend to compete for licenses they simply form consortia of investors, nad just give the consortium a name. That's one of the luxuries that rich people have
mustafabay
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-04 17:05
Egypt could also do with one or two MVNOs (Mobile Virtual Network Operators). Virgin a MVNO was chosen the best operator in the UK last year. And you can start a company quite cheap, afterall you don't have to setup your own network. You want to quit your job and start a MVNO? I bet anyone with a little more brains than a monkey could come up with more atractive offers than these to gorrillas Of course we also need to get rid of Gihaz Tanzim Al-Etisalaat, which stops them from competing by having to agree on everything they do.
mahora
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-05-04 17:26
Tell me a little more about how Mobile Virtual Network Operators work till I do my own research. The idea of starting one looks appealing
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 678 ... 464748  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic