Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-05-21 23:19
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2013-05-21 08:38:47, stedus wrote:
@XperiaPro: calm down man, you don't need to attack Feli
he's been supporting Sony for so long and even now
I guess he just disappointed about Sony's answer to those competitors, they haven't done much since the XZ came out :<

However, I disagree with him about the PS4 unable to compete with the New Xbox, because those 2 console will use the same x86 architect, so the raw power will be the same (i guess ), but the Kinect add on might be the key differentiation from PS4 (who knows...)
For mobile field, they haven't done enough yet, the XZ is good, but the hype is too short......
I hope the Honami and Togari will fix these issues
[ This Message was edited by: stedus on 2013-05-21 07:39 ]

Exactly. And I never said about raw power, as, you said they are pretty similar, but, IMO, they have better stuff as off now than PS4...

Except for the no backwards compatiblity, I haven't been dissapointed with anything about it. Except for consoles, I like Sony products over others...

EDIT: First, sorry for all of this. Like Ramu said, I just got tired of not having my expectations filled this year. Everything wasn't that good as I expected until now.

Regarding Xbox One and PS4: Yes, the design might not be the best, but I liked it. It looks minimalistic. The PS4 images make me think of a abstract art. I have never understood them. The processing power is almost (if not) the same between those two. Though, Xbox, IMO, offers much more. 17 new exclusive games, a better eco system, better integration. And much more...
[ This Message was edited by: Felimenta97 on 2013-05-21 22:40 ]
I don't get people. Never Have, never will.
sighduck
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-05-21 23:43
Feli: Are you serious? What better stuff? They only showed 2 exclusive games, Forza and the Quantum game. Forza looks good, admittedly, but PS4 will have Drive Club and Gran Turismo will release later. PS4 has also shown Killzone, Knack, the Media Molecule game, and several other games that are exclusive to the PS4. Microsoft showed Halo TV show, and a bunch of EA games that will also come out on the PS4.

As for the specs, no they are not "pretty similar". Pretty similar architecture maybe, but the PS4's GPU is 50% faster than the Xbox One. Their RAM is also GDDR5, which is much much faster than Xbox's DDR3. Overall, it looks like the Xbox's total teraflop (its speed) is 1.2TF versus the PS4's 1.84TF. The 1st party Sony games will blow away MS' efforts in graphics alone.
Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-05-22 00:09

On 2013-05-21 23:43:18, sighduck wrote:
Feli: Are you serious? What better stuff? They only showed 2 exclusive games, Forza and the Quantum game. Forza looks good, admittedly, but PS4 will have Drive Club and Gran Turismo will release later. PS4 has also shown Killzone, Knack, the Media Molecule game, and several other games that are exclusive to the PS4. Microsoft showed Halo TV show, and a bunch of EA games that will also come out on the PS4.

As for the specs, no they are not "pretty similar". Pretty similar architecture maybe, but the PS4's GPU is 50% faster than the Xbox One. Their RAM is also GDDR5, which is much much faster than Xbox's DDR3. Overall, it looks like the Xbox's total teraflop (its speed) is 1.2TF versus the PS4's 1.84TF. The 1st party Sony games will blow away MS' efforts in graphics alone.

"IMO". That's my point of my view. The only two things that are bad in both consoles is no backwards compatibility and maybe blocking games to be used in other consoles. Execept for that, MS offers to ME, Felipe, something else than Sony in this matter. Xbox being my TV box (?)(Does it have a receptor so I can plug my cable TV provider on it or the TV thing is the Netflix and all that stuff), my media center and such... I've had a X360 instead of a PS3. Why I choose it instead of PS3?

Couple of reasons: First, most of my friends had one. Second, in MY opinion, it has better exclusive games than the rest. How much Killzone has in terms of universe expansion compared to Halo? OK, also comes to a matter of taste, as I like much more the whole universe of Halo. Just you know, Halo is the only FPS I actually like...

Tl:dr: PS4 might have better overall specs, but Xbox One offers much more as whole, in number of aspects. Also, I liked more.

I am a Sony fan, EXCEPT when it comes to consoles. I am, by no way, wanting to create a war, I'm just trying to show my point of view.
SEXperiaPro
Sony Xperia Acro S
PM
Posted: 2013-05-22 01:06
^ LOL Cant take this guy serious, I tried. Overall from phones to console its looking like a great year for Sony.
Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-05-22 01:33

On 2013-05-22 01:06:46, SEXperiaPro wrote:
^ LOL Cant take this guy serious, I tried. Overall from phones to console its looking like a great year for Sony.

Please explain further. Convince me otherwise. As I tried to explain and Ramu and stedus said, I've been loyal to Sony all this time. I just feel that the "next year will be better" is making me tired, because they get better, but they don't get better enough to actually beat the competitors. That's what I want. I don't want Samsung to be just anther company that makes people say: "I have a Samsung phone". instead of "I have a Android phone", but I feel like Sony isn't trying hard enough. Things can change? Yes. But the way they are right now, they won't go anywhere.

Check all my posts until now. I've been supportive to Sony, with hope that at each new device release they will change the whole market. But I've been without arguments whenever I defend Sony, because all their excuses doesn't do anymore. I've been living, in this case, with expectations, promises, hopes. I will be more realistic for now. I want concrete things that they are changing for good.

@all, especially RandomUser and Stedus: I'm truly sorry for all of this. By no means I wanted to turn into a mediar (and I believe I haven't), but I've got tired of all of this false hopes I had until now. Maybe my personal life gave me the final push to explode. But I think I'd rather lose a few points here than a lot more in my already critical situation, in personal life. Again, sorry.

This is my final post about this. If someone still wants todiscuss this, please Pm me. Let's keep this away from this thread.
FMW300
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2013-05-22 02:33
Anywayyyy....
I just want to be 100% sure after all the arguments. Was it confirmed that:
Xperia ZR/A = Dogo?
Xperia UL = Gaga?
I believe so....
T230 > W300 > W890 > W705 > Live > Xperia T > Xperia Z2a > Xperia X > Xperia XZ2
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-05-22 03:09
OK guys let's get back to the topic a:

I notice some old users here changing their avatars back to old phones. I feel there is such a strong desire among us to convince smc to revive certain good things that had brought to us. I for one wants the resurgence of Dual front design as well as the xenon + LED flash.
10 years at Esato
vikeviki
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2013-05-22 04:19
@aurelius it may be the Honami slated xperia z like slated tablet
JoJotaro
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2013-05-22 07:10
I don't know where most of you guys live but I believe most of Xbox One's features won't work outside of the USA...
Also, did anyone else think the Xbox One looks like a desktop PC?
Anyway, as far as reveal/release dates for Honami and phablet, do we have any news, a bit of a more narrow time frame?
[ This Message was edited by: JoJotaro on 2013-05-22 06:25 ]
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-05-22 07:28
There is no doubt PS4 is a superior gaming console. I'm really glad things have been going really great for Sony this year, and the PS4 being superior only makes things better for Sony's long term future.

Increase in market cap from 9 billion to 23 billion dollars in 5 months is exceptional
stedus
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2013-05-22 07:31

On 2013-05-22 07:28:43, randomuser wrote:
There is no doubt PS4 is a superior gaming console. I'm really glad things have been going really great for Sony this year, and the PS4 being superior only makes things better for Sony's long term future.

Increase in market cap from 9 billion to 23 billion dollars in 5 months is exceptional

There are still lots of thing we need to compare
For Hardware, the PS4 seems to be better
however, we need to take the price tags and exclusive games into the account as well
so far so good I believe Sony haven't showed all their cards yet, lets wait till 11/6 and see
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-05-22 07:38
Price is important yes, but then for all countries except USA the Xbox One features are useless. Whereas with the PS4 you get features you can actually use.
JoJotaro
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2013-05-22 07:41
As far as exclusives go Xbox 360 only has 4 I can name that are worth playing: Forza, Halo, Gears of War and Fable. The PS3 on the other hand has much more and just to name a few: Uncharted, The Last of Us, Infamous, Gran Turismo, God of War, KillZone, Ratchet and Clank, Little Big Planet, Heavy Rain, Resistance etc. Point is MS will need to establish good AAA titles such as those Sony already has in order to sell the Xbox One as a gaming console and not just a USA bound gimmick...
[ This Message was edited by: JoJotaro on 2013-05-22 06:42 ]
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2013-05-22 07:46
Alright guys, let's go back now, my PS1 is dying of jealousy (it's actually dead for more than a decade).
stedus
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2013-05-22 07:48

On 2013-05-22 07:38:30, randomuser wrote:
Price is important yes, but then for all countries except USA the Xbox One features are useless. Whereas with the PS4 you get features you can actually use.

That's the main point that draw me away from Xbox One )
Im only play hack and slash game like Dynasty Warrior, RPG like Skyrim and FF, so PS4 is my main choice right now
For FPS games, I prefer PC with mouse and keyboard
[ This Message was edited by: stedus on 2013-05-22 06:50 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 574575576 ... 122712281229  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic