Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > Bluetooth specifications and more :)

Previous  123 ... 567 ... 101112  Next
Author Bluetooth specifications and more :)
pinolo77
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-10-31 02:53
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
It is a really interesting topic. Answered many of my questions and the tech detail, although it is not really my stuff, help explaining...

I would like to know if the upgrade from version 1.1 to version 2.0 will require a new hardware.
I have chosen to buy a Sony Vaio GRX600 series notebook and would like to buy card for it.
This because a friend suggested that 2.0 (which will be released soon enough) might make a notebook with in-built obsolete.

Another question is: what is the max speed of 1.1 ?
Will I be able to surf the net at the maximum speed of a DSL connection if using instead of the cable?

A last question is: Does the adapter for a printer need any particular installation?
I mean, could i insert the on my computer and the on the printer serial port and then just start printing or will I have to reinstall all drivers?

I know I have many questions, but Esato is the only place where I might find people able to answer them. No answer on Esato means that actually no answer exists

Esato is really the most useful source of info on the net for people, and people interested in mobile communication.
IrDA_FAN
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-11-05 19:04
I tested Parrot CR3000 and Funkwerk Blue2000 carkits...
largepig
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-12-22 12:43
Does the t68i support 'Bluetooth BIP Protocol'?

I'm looking for an external camera and have been pointed in the direction of the sony DSC-FX77, which has bluetooth 'BIP' ...?

Just wondering if anyone has any idea if the t68i supports this protocol before i go and waste £400!!

http://www.dabs.com/products/prod-info.asp?quicklinx=25JXKK&refererid=KK
Donation Transaction: 31V92396ES747471N
jorns
Z800
PM
Posted: 2003-01-04 11:25
@Jan
You seems to rely know alot about BT. I have a qustion, i bought a Microsoft BT mouse ( with their dongle). Is ther any way i can get it to work with my t68 beside using the phone as a modem? It came with no support for network, filetransfer, sync and so on. I have tried to install other BT software, but the sofware will not recognize the Microsoft bluetooth dongle. Is ther any solution so i can use it like i used my MSI-6967?
floke
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-01-21 18:20
@largepig: There's no use in buying the Sony Cam since t68i does NOT support Basic Image Profile BIP.
In fact I read a post saying there are NO other products supporting BIP currently, not even the Sony Vaios or P800!!
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-02-04 22:43
JORNS > Sorry about the "too late" reply,..I've been abroad.

I dont really know which profiles are supported by the mouse.

For the moment mobilephones, headsets, can only be connected "one to one".

Regards

Jan

Nextlink Marketing Manager and Bluespoon Hardware Designer.
otto
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-02-07 05:22
Hi, I have been trying to get an Ericsson T39m to dial the internet from a Toshiba Satellite 1110 + Belkin usb bluetooth dongle... so far the phone dials then 18 seconds later it disconnects ?? If I dial the number manaully on the phone it rings and I can hear the modem at the other end.

I have tryed both virtual COM devices that I found, one for the Belkin software installed and one for the (I assume) Erisson software with no luck. Is there something I am missing? This is my first attempt at bluetooth and it's not a happy one. Has anyone got any advice on this or documents online I can read? Thanks.
dannycol
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-05-26 01:32
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to switch on bluetooth without having to go into control panel, bluetooth, settings etc.. is ther any way the blue internet button can be re configured to switch on/off bluetooth..? Reason is, I use the P800 and HB-60 head set alot and find it a pain having to switch on/off bluetooth everytime i get in and out of the car. As you know leaving bluetooth on all day leaves the battery with not enough power to see you thruogh the day..

[ This Message was edited by: dannycol on 2003-05-26 00:37 ]

[ This Message was edited by: dannycol on 2003-05-26 00:38 ]

[ This Message was edited by: dannycol on 2003-05-26 00:39 ]
Draqula
Sony Xperia SP
PM
Posted: 2003-06-09 23:14
As Bluetooth USB dongles are getting more and more popular I think it would be a good idea to form a list of them. In the list there could be the name of the dongle, and whether it supports:
1) syncing
2) transferring files to and from phone
3) using the phone as a modem

I have searched this forum but many things still remain unclear. If we would have such a list then it would make life easier for many users.
jpxdude
Elm Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-07-27 12:28
cheers mate, that stuff looks pretty interesting,...I've heard of a bluetooth radio somewhere, not sure if its a rumour, I've already heard the attachment for the T610, which sounds crisp!
davio
W800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-07-30 14:52
I bought an MSI BToes dongle for just over £16. The idea was to be able to use it with my camera, but i have found that the BT profile used by the camera (Basic Imaging Profile) is not a common profile, and is only used by my camera and a small handful of mobile phones! In fact, I cannot find a single application I can install to enable me to use my cameras bluetooth functionality with my PC. It seems only the latest Sony Vaio laptops with built in Bluetooth and an application called "Bluespace" are compatible! So, I can send pictures from my camera to a mobile and that's it! Bollocks! Shite!
asadrizvi7
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-07-30 16:44
how can i know if the required add-in in my windows XP is installed ir not?plz help me i m very new at this all.

[ This Message was edited by: asadrizvi7 on 2003-07-30 15:47 ]
vishal
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2003-07-31 16:27
Hi. I don't know whether this question has been answered or not, but bascially I want to know how can I transfer from my phone to my pc via bluetooth. The option for send via bluetooth is greyed out. Sending from pc to phone is no problem at all. I am from SA and got a Mecer USB bluetooth adaptor. Please can someone help me with this. Thanks in advance.
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-08-05 14:25
set your PC's to discoverable, make sure you don't have any active BT connection ongoing.

from the Phone, just select the item you want to send via BT (theme, picture, etc), and then select send via BT.

Or if you have made a pairing between the PC and your phone, just make sure your PC's BT is on (or discoverable), and send away.
cthulhu
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-08-23 07:11
I have a SE P800 and I want to be able to access the 'net via my desktop running XP Professional. What is the recommended setup for such a task?

I tried an AIPTEK class 1 USB dongle and it was terrible. I guess it was due to the fact that AIPTEKS drivers appear to be flakey. I'm looking at buying a Belkin dongle to replace the crappy AIPTEK one. Any suggestions?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 567 ... 101112  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic