Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > The first man on earth?

Previous  123 ... 567 ... 202122  Next
Author The first man on earth?
Twometre
Z710 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-09-10 17:15
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
[quote]
On 2007-09-10 16:49:53, batesie wrote:
@comfort....

as scotsboy said, "You are entitled to believe whatever you wish of course, but, and at the risk of sounding rude, that doesn't make it true."

That is write mate. Everyone is entitled to in whatever he tginks is rifht for him or her. But then I dont understand when it comes to the risk of sounding rude. This is an open discussion anyways and it is opened to various interpratations. So keep posting mates

[ This Message was edited by: Twometre on 2008-04-10 13:33 ]
Brightspark
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2007-09-10 18:31
it is true, god created adam. but god realised that adam needed a companion to wash his socks and dirty fig leaves, so he took a rib from adam and created eve. and they lived happily ever after.

.....and pigs will fly....

[ This Message was edited by: Brightspark on 2007-09-10 17:43 ]
KingBooker5
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-10 18:48
In the distance out side brightsparks window.. in the sky he heres it.

oink oink
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2007-09-10 19:49

On 2007-09-05 04:40:34, comfort mdu wrote:
..are you implying that what we read in our religious books is a false satement?

Well not everything in there is true, now is it?
Honestly, some of the things in there are true, but even more things are just ludicrous.
I'm sorry, but I'm just telling the facts.

[ This Message was edited by: NightBlade on 2007-09-10 18:52 ]
KingBooker5
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-10 20:22

On 2007-09-10 19:49:40, NightBlade wrote:

On 2007-09-05 04:40:34, comfort mdu wrote:
..are you implying that what we read in our religious books is a false satement?

Well not everything in there is true, now is it?
Honestly, some of the things in there are true, but even more things are just ludicrous.
I'm sorry, but I'm just telling the facts.

[ This Message was edited by: NightBlade on 2007-09-10 18:52 ]

Nightblade, who are you to judge which part of religion is fact and fiction? Its peoples beliefs. You have very or no right at all to say which is fact or fiction. Are you a king or somthing that decides what belief is true or not,
or am I missing somthing? You arnt saying any facts, what you are saying is a load of rubbish and your exploiting YOUR beliefs of what is true or not, and others may beg to differ.

Anthony
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2007-09-10 23:29
Ok ok I didn't want to sound too harsh.
I don't want to offend anyone or question their beliefs.
I am Christian, too, you know, but I accept the fact that a number of statements in the Bible, logically, cannot be true.
Again, I do not want to sound mean or something. I am expressing my thoughts as delicately as I can.
Sorry

Moving on...

PS. Thanks for the PM, Anthony.

[ This Message was edited by: NightBlade on 2007-09-10 22:31 ]
Evilchap
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-10 23:43
This is becoming very interesting, I am keen to see where this topic goes. As a satanist Im not sure any one realy cares what I think on the topic, however I think the idea that at one point in time there was only one human walking the earth is a little far fetched, but I am open to sugestion.
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-09-11 01:34

On 2007-09-10 20:22:17, KingBooker5 wrote:

Nightblade, who are you to judge which part of religion is fact and fiction? Its peoples beliefs. You have very or no right at all to say which is fact or fiction. Are you a king or somthing that decides what belief is true or not,
or am I missing somthing? You arnt saying any facts, what you are saying is a load of rubbish and your exploiting YOUR beliefs of what is true or not, and others may beg to differ.

Anthony

People are entitled to believe whatever they wish, but that does not make it true. It states in the Bible that the Earth was created in six days and yet we have good evidence to show that the Earth, as well as the rest of the universe, took considerably longer than six days to reach the state it was in even a few thousand years B.C.

The ancient Egyptians believed that the Sun travelled in a boat as part of their religious beliefs. According to your argument we have no right to say that that is untrue since it was a religious belief.

As human beings with reason and consciousness we are perfectly entitled to question and decide which parts of a religion are true or not. Where something is clearly not true people are entitled to point that out. It is up to those who believe in whatever religion holds that belief to decide whether or not they will continue to believe in it.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2007-09-11 01:42
Thanks, dude.
You saved me.
grizlore
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-09-11 01:57
.... little known biblical fact....

The snake that tempted Eve was called Nokia

[addsig]
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-09-11 02:24
the way I look at it, there are hundreds, no thousands of religious books. Each one claiming to be inspired by God, and this is used as the primary proof of the book's truth. Most of those books have some support in archeological and historical evidence, but none of them are proved by this evidence, only hinted at.

So to interpret a religious text as a literal account of early times, you must make a leap of faith based on that book and that book alone.

So how should I (as a spiritually inclined person), decide which of these religious books is the true account of creation? The only logical, and the only intuitive answer I can arrive at, is that either none of the books have any grain of truth at all and are just someone's philosophical theories, or all of them are inspired but that none of them hold the complete truth.

This is the view I prefer, so I read all different faiths and try and understand them as being small parts of a larger puzzle.

In this view there is no literal translation of religious text, which instead is seen more as symbolic representation of truth, with cultural biases. In this way, both creation and evolution can exist side by side as complementary theologies/sciences. It is plausible that "adam" is the symbolic representation of the first tribes of human's created by God's hand working through the agent of evolution.

Therefore there is no "first man", but rather an emergence of Man from the pre-existing primates.
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2007-09-11 02:54

On 2007-09-11 01:57:03, grizlore wrote:

OMG really?
Hahaha, wait till my friends hear about this. Mwahaha

[ This Message was edited by: NightBlade on 2007-09-11 10:55 ]
Twometre
Z710 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-09-11 11:17

On 2007-09-11 02:24:23, max_wedge wrote:
the way I look at it, there are hundreds, no thousands of religious books. Each one claiming to be inspired by God, and this is used as the primary proof of the book's truth. Most of those books have some support in archeological and historical evidence, but none of them are proved by this evidence, only hinted at.

So to interpret a religious text as a literal account of early times, you must make a leap of faith based on that book and that book alone.

So how should I (as a spiritually inclined person), decide which of these religious books is the true account of creation? The only logical, and the only intuitive answer I can arrive at, is that either none of the books have any grain of truth at all and are just someone's philosophical theories, or all of them are inspired but that none of them hold the complete truth.

This is the view I prefer, so I read all different faiths and try and understand them as being small parts of a larger puzzle.

In this view there is no literal translation of religious text, which instead is seen more as symbolic representation of truth, with cultural biases. In this way, both creation and evolution can exist side by side as complementary theologies/sciences. It is plausible that "adam" is the symbolic representation of the first tribes of human's created by God's hand working through the agent of evolution.

Therefore there is no "first man", but rather an emergence of Man from the pre-existing primates.

Well at max I like your response because it is not judgementive but open to all possible lnterpretations. What I was actually saying was that As much as we entiltled to interpretations of different thought we should not turn a blind eye on the mortal truth.

Its that none of the biblical religous books can be proven to our satisfaction but a very close relevance and a spiritual understanding can be reached.
As far as that are these books true or not which leads to that how true are the things we believe in? This is what I can sa:

Belief is mostly based on things that we have not seen but deep down we admit that they exist. Take for instance the bible itself, it has been altered a lot of times to bring what we call th holy bible today. Most Gospels were ommitted for personal and intellectual resons. More than seventy of them, eg The Gospel of Marry Magdalene, The gospel of St Phllip and many more.

The first Church hid a lot of facts and mortal evidence to us. Where are today? We are somewhere ahere we believe in things which most of them we can not proove. It goes back to the Sanhadrine Commeetee during the time of Jesus, the Scribes, Sadduces and many more. Constatine continued on the same verge in about 325AD.

As far as who was the firs man on earth is a matter opened to interpratations.

[ This Message was edited by: Twometre on 2008-04-23 13:03 ]
grizlore
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-09-11 13:21

On 2007-09-11 02:54:36, NightBlade wrote:

On 2007-09-11 01:57:03, grizlore wrote:

OMG really?
Hahaha, wait till my friends hear about this. Mwahaha

[ This Message was edited by: NightBlade on 2007-09-11 10:55 ]

Also, the Apple Mac icon, with the bite taken out of it, was inspired by the apple Eve ate. [addsig]
Prodigal Me
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-11 13:28
What shocks me is the number of people who still believe in god. I guess it's sort of an atheist's mentality, but when people tell me they're christian or don't believe in evolution or whatever I still do a double-take!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 567 ... 202122  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic