Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia Rumors 2015

Previous  123 ... 495051 ... 315316317  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumors 2015
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2015-02-07 13:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Wonder if Sony will choose to introduce a new smartwatch at MWC or just continue with the smartwatch 3 until IFA.

On the topic of lollipop

http://www.xperiablog.net/201[....]expected-in-march-z1-in-april/

Rogers Canada will roll out the updates in March and April, so hopefully unbranded devices will be February and March. Although I question if the 5.0 update will have all the new camera features or Sony will opt to delay them, and first launch the new camera updates on the Z4. Then there is the fact that perhaps the new camera features (assuming they exist) will never make it to the older devices, my Z1 doesn't have the newer camera features as in the Z2 or Z3. Would be funny (not) if Sony didn't even add any new camera features to the Z4 even.
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2015-02-07 17:20
^^
I would consider buying the next sw if it has more secure sport strap, much better display, longer battery life and heart rate monitor. wireless charging would be nice also but not a deal breaker.
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-02-07 19:00
I don't think they'll announce the SW4 @ MWC but a new version of the original Smartband looks like it may be getting a release as a new Smartband with model number SWR12 (original was SWR10) showing the same removable core has appeared @ the FCC a few days ago.
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2015-02-07 19:16
@amirprog

The SW3 actually is on of the best Android wear smart watches in battery life, if not the best... for me the only downside was the strap just looks cheap and not formal, but they're working as I see like the stainless steel and the leather one... the display is also nice...

A heart rate monitor and wireless charging are a great additions too, if only they would offer two versions, round and square then it will be amazing...

But looking around the web, I can see that SW3 isn't in the top three wish lists for most peoples, first and sec. goes for Moto 360 and LG G watch R, the third goes for ASUS and Samsung in most cases... Sony is like 4th or 5th...
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2015-02-07 20:33
@Xajel
Yes but further delaying the need to charge is very welcome and looking at how good sony is in battery life i expect them to outdo it. about the straps, i really don't understand why they did not announce sw3 also with metal and leather straps. generally, their announcement of it was half baked.
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2015-02-08 08:39
I have been using smartwatch 3 for about a month now and I am really happy with it. It lasts 2 days with screen on and takes about 30 min to charge. Yes, the notion of recharging your watch seems tedious, but you do get used to it and then it stops bothering you. The voice recognition works great, i feel sw3 is highly underrated.
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-02-08 18:18
3 weeks to go till MWC and we have nothing but a shot of the front panel of what is claimed to be the Z4 and confirmation it'll most likely be using the SD810. I like the fact that what ever Sony release is likely to be a surprise as we know virtually nothing about the Z4 and hopefully a teaser trailer will show up in the coming days just to give us a hint of what is to come.
They're in my head
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2015-02-08 18:42
I'm wondering if they have anymore surprises. I'd like to see some more cool accessories.
JohnnyNr.5
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-02-08 20:08
A german blogger hinted/whispered Sony is going to use a new Sensor in Z4 most likely the Exmor RS IMX230.

The fact that a Snapdragon 810 processor from californian manufacturer Qualcomm will be powering the Z4 was already announced. At this point i can indicate a new camera is also in the pipeline.
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-02-08 20:19
^ I always thought that when Sony sold the IMX220 to other brands that they must have something new for the next flagship and what you've just posted points in that direction. If it is the IMX230 in the Z4 coupled with the SD810 and rumored inclusion of the S-Master digital amp then we have the biggest update to the Xperia brand since the Xperia T to the Xperia Z.
They're in my head
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-02-09 00:40
Need to work on their bloody camera software. Not so ridiculously aggressive noise reduction and for goodness sake reduce the shutter-lag down to zero, like Apple have somehow managed to do with their iPhone. I know its a bigger sensor with more pixels, but they should be able to to SOMETHING with it.
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2015-02-09 06:53

On 2015-02-09 00:40:08, -XYZ wrote:
Need to work on their bloody camera software. Not so ridiculously aggressive noise reduction and for goodness sake reduce the shutter-lag down to zero, like Apple have somehow managed to do with their iPhone. I know its a bigger sensor with more pixels, but they should be able to to SOMETHING with it.

Actually it is a smaller sensor and more pixels, 1/2.4 and 21MP vs 1/2.3 and 20.7MP for the IMX220. If the new Z4 features phase detection AF then it will be obvious the new sensor was used. Otherwise if there is no phase detection, we are looking at the current IMX220. Hopefully Sony has opted for the new sensor for the Z4.
evaleon
Sony Xperia P
PM
Posted: 2015-02-09 08:05
OT ranting:
I am kinda cross with sony's lack of marketing..ok really cross..other day I was watching TV with my family and friends and i saw three advertisements in the same interval..one samsung where its completely french song and all gold scene and ramp walking it definitely caught the eye (I am not too sure if its sammie or someother phone.. has someone seen it?),and then another sammie showing people running with extension chords but the sammie dude explaining of power saver mode on his phone n stuff n people going ooohhh including my family n i m like wtf!! this has been there on sony since more than 2 years!!! (I wanted to link it but dont remember the phone model though,dont blame me they have umpteen models most of them unkown..).Even micromax showed a colourful ad but i am yet to come across one sony Z3 ad on TV! Everyone highlight every single minute detail on their phones but people dont even know what sony has! There is just not enough advertisment! Sony is not only looks it has more..so why not show off!!
Rant over...sorry for OT.
[ This Message was edited by: evaleon on 2015-02-09 07:10 ]
Tizzo
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
PM
Posted: 2015-02-09 14:50
What are your thoughts guys?

http://mblog.gsmarena.com/son[....]mal-press-conference-mwc-2015/
[ This Message was edited by: Tizzo on 2015-02-09 13:50 ]
MNX1024
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-02-09 15:29
Well, for those who has been paying attention to SAR, you'll noticed that they're not getting much leaks either. Seems like a lot of the announcement dates, events, and etc are really only known by the upper management in their headquarter in Japan. Look at the A7II for example, that caught everyone by surprised. It wasn't even announced during a major photography event, it was right after one. Looks like Sony really clamped down on the leaks. Would not be surprised that Sony decides to hold their own event right after MWC for the Z4 if it exist.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 495051 ... 315316317  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic