Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia Rumours 2012

Previous  123 ... 353637 ... 318319320  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2012
Bialynia
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2012-01-10 19:48
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I'm interested to see if the Xperia NX for Docomo will include the 1700 band...
Detox
W800
PM
Posted: 2012-01-10 22:50
The party is going on :

http://www.phonearena.com/new[....]new-Xperia-smartphones_id25684
domipost
Hazel
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-01-10 23:04
Hmm, that one was sent out a week or two ago already. Anyway, did anyone notice that the phone the girl is holding isn't a yet announced device (also no Xperia S or Ion, it seems)..
mustafabay
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2012-01-10 23:12
I worry that the 2012 Xperias won't be the same as the 2011s. I somehow get a feeling the Neo and Minis sucessors, and they better have them, won't be on par with the S. If it's all dual core it'll be 1.2GHz for the Neo and 1GHz for the Minis. But its just a gut feeling. But then this year's differentiator will be screen resolution and size. So will the Minis get WVGA? Will the next neo stay WVGA? Maybe a 3.7" qHD screen? And will they ray have a successor? MWC can't come soon enough.
I don't want a signature anymore.
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2012-01-10 23:17
That sounded like one of those summaries at the back of a book.
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-01-10 23:21
I don't think you should try to compare last year's lineup like for like with this year's because there will be change of direction, strategists, designers and R&D.

Sony will cut all the old SE devices that don't fit their own strategy or don't fill the gap until the full Sony picture comes into clarity.

This year is very much a transition year and should be treated as a fresh start for a new company trying to step out of the shadows of a slowing dying parent, only the new company is a global corp and is it's own grandfather
[ This Message was edited by: Ricky D on 2012-01-10 22:21 ]
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
mustafabay
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2012-01-10 23:41
Ricky D, you make it sound like no more minis. Which to me are the best of the Xperia range. The thought of not having them is scary because then all the androids left in that category would be the crappy mid range Samsungs and HTCs. The minis really filled a niche in the market and to see them go would be really sad.

And cutting devices sounds weird too. If a device is a true oddball then ok. But the annual refreshes should stay at least for this year, they probably wouldn't want the market share to drop too much if at all.
I don't want a signature anymore.
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-01-11 01:14
I just think we should all keep an open mind. Things change. Series change.

Sony might want to go all high-end, where SE wanted to be in all available markets.

Then again Sony might just skip a year of minis whilst they readjust, then come in later with some hard hitters to fill the segment.

It's al part of the excitement f a rumours thread
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
king-james
Sony Xperia Z Ultra
PM
Posted: 2012-01-11 02:24
SONY bring out the ION globally PLEASSEEEEEE

[ This Message was edited by: king-james on 2012-01-11 01:27 ]
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2012-01-11 02:43
I think Sony did well this year. As a total package, these two are top of the pile without a doubt. There isn't much competition against its camera, designs are brilliant and distinctive, more than enough power under the hood and they will get ICS.

MWC will have some more devices, these two would have decided if they are Sony or by then. I expect to see 'Pepper' and maybe a couple more mids. It maybe too early for another high end. Others will do quad cores but camera, UI, design etc. are lacking. have a number of protos which they will not ditch so Sony are adding their input should release them The Xperia S is through and through, Sony may have bumped up the hardware but who knows? I wouldn't be surprised if the Minis were updated.

Although Sony are dictating things now, you shouldn't expect a phone like the Walkman Z for example because it would kill the Walkman sales. I do expect a Walkman phone this year but it should be easily distinguishable from the Walkman devices.

I am a massive fan of the Xperia S but since I trash all my phones, I could really do with a battery pull option. 'Pepper' looks nice in the flesh, its got decent specs as well. I got my fingers crossed for a Walkman although its wishful thinking but nobody saw the Ion until today.............
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-01-11 04:19

On 2012-01-10 18:33:20, puestadelsol wrote:
I see that everybody is touched by the new Xperia S. I think that the dual-core processor and 12 megapixel camera doesn't give for customers effective additional features, despite of having high-end specs.

The new UI in my opinion stands slightly closer to the default Android UI. In fact it uses mainly the UI elements created by Sony Ericsson in 2011, only it is redesigned, just for Sony to show that they have a whole new and original UI -and everybody is impressed by it. For my taste 2011's Sony Ericsson phones' UI was much more colorful and much more friendly.
In spite of the Xperia S having themes too, in the basic applications it chages only the fonts' colors slighltly. And so in the settings or when you write a message you don't see any of the well-known Sony Ericsson skin, only the black background with pale coluored fonts. So it's bad to see that available themes doesn't let for users more customisation, and the basic applications' look is more boring than ever. The icons are ugly for my taste also.

However I didn't expect too much from Sony, but in my opinion is a bad decision to change the UI in this way to be more boring and darker just for distinguishing themselves from Sony Ericsson. Because the UI and user experience was their major strength.

You do realize that the Xperia S was developed by Sony Ericsson and not SONY , right ?
And it was even going to be sold as a Sony Ericsson until Sony decided in the last moment that it wants the phone to be rebranded to SONY.
puestadelsol
C901 Black
PM
Posted: 2012-01-11 10:18
Quote:

On 2012-01-11 04:19:04, randomuser wrote:
You do realize that the Xperia S was developed by Sony Ericsson and not SONY , right ? \\r\\nAnd it was even going to be sold as a Sony Ericsson until Sony decided in the last moment that it wants the phone to be rebranded to SONY.

But we have to notice that in the first leaked pictures we only have seen the homepage, and launcher with a wallpaper. We didn't see the themes and the UI generally. And I think it's as easy to redesign the UI as they want to change the Sony Ericsson inscription to Sony. And if even the swedish team designed the whole phone, since november Sony is the "boss", and they can ask to change the look of UI.
But the question raised for me, if we would see the same UI design if Sony have not bought out Ericsson's shares. And I think that it would be more Sony Ericssonish in the other case.
MNX1024
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-01-11 10:22
All I got to say was, thank god that they kept the shutter key. I was about to jump at either SH-01D or T-01D from Docomo while I was shopping around Akihabara a couple of days ago. Once I saw that they had no shutter key, I just gave up. But it's kind of sad that the ION and S are not pentaband or have 1700. Looks like I may skip this years upgrade and stick with my Nexus for a bit.
[ This Message was edited by: MNX1024 on 2012-01-11 09:23 ]
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2012-01-11 11:03
After reading few articles and comments, Sony has come out with a bang!

T200 -> T68i -> T610 -> K700i -> P910i -> W800i -> P990i -> M600i -> P1-> Nokia E71 -> X1i -> X10 -> Arc S -> Sony Z1 -> Sony Z Ultra -> Sony Z3+ -> iPhone 6 -> iPhone 7 Plus -> iPhone X -> iPhone XS Max
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-01-11 12:05
Edit
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-09-24 15:00 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 353637 ... 318319320  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic