>>> https://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=208719&start=135

This is RUMOURS thread
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2018-07-05 03:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2018-07-04 20:14:56, badassmam wrote:
Well DXO admitted that they give preference to companies that pay them so I'd say forget about them. The truth is that finally the XZ2 is up to the reviewer standards and this is the concensus among the big websites. Tick the box. Dual camera coming. Tick the box. Smaller bezels. Tick the box. Performance. Tick the box. What's missing? Fanboys won't save Xperia.

I honestly think the XZ3 should be 5", XZ3 Ultra at 6" and the Premium anything with the 4K and maybe massive internal storage. The 5" have all the best materials but maybe differentiate on internal storage. It's a slight readjustment to open up their market a bit, going head to head with the likes of the S9 isn't working.

You could go the HTC route and try and go up against the big hitters or try something like Moto who own the other lower ends. The XZ2 Compact is very niche, it is unique, it should be the main focus because they have a chance there as there are no android competitors in that space. Give the thing really nice materials and design and it will be a saviour for them. A compact with dual camera at IFA would be a showstopper no matter how fat.

DxO, totally agreed

Going fight head on with Galaxy, no one in Android's space really make it to finish line
unless Samsung blow it engine off (Note 7 for example) HTC and LG known it with their scars.

Sony try last two years, they getting bit more confident since XZP won major awards in Mobile Congress
but with the major change in design and thinking bit more too forward (5G), sadly end up in more suffering.

With current state of business, I don't think that they will get allowance to invest into marketing also.

------------------------------------

Alvin, I really forgot to answer you about HTC and their bad quality products, sometime like last month
I not sure how long you have been following mobile but this company has long disastrous history about it quality

Desire and Sensation has it same antenna dead grip problem no less tha iPhone 4, barely someone remember it.

One X with their proudly Tegra also totally disaster experience with main logic failure.

One S paint job disaster and two version of devices, one with inferior chipset never get update as it promise.

Purple camera with their Ultrapixel in M7/M8/Butterfly, surprisingly and totally forgot.

M9 and Snapdragon 810 maybe in exception, their words keep customers hope to fix heat issue but never deliver.

Another M9 with below par MediaTek's chipset price in premium tier, how dare to insult customers like that.

Now, you all here know what make different here, not f-ing marketing at all....
[ This Message was edited by: HxH on 2018-07-05 03:41 ]
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
AlvinZahranM
T250 Silver
PM
Posted: 2018-07-05 11:46
Well, Sony is no different.

Z series, especially Z, Z1, Z2, and Z3 have problems with durability and I've experienced this one with my old phone.

Almost all my Sony phones except XZ2 suffered from bootloop and problems with USB Port. I don't know what's up with their quality control, but even if only some people experienced problems like that, their qc is still questionable.

I don't even have to remind you the whole Z3, Z3+, and Z5 overheating fiasco. Yeah, there are no reports of those phones exploding, but you don't want your phone tp heat up every single time you're using it.

I have to appreciate Sony's dedication for the past two years (since 2017). My point is that if Sony followed HTC's paths in trying hard, but with their own innovations, they could grow rapidly, just because they have more potential than HTC or LG.
Daily Drivers: Galaxy S23 Ultra, Galaxy S22 Ultra, and iPhone 14 Pro Max
Secondary: vivo X80 Pro
Still using as a backup: Xperia XZ2
Still using (not as much): Galaxy Tab A 8.0
Killmonger
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-07-05 13:31
Well the underdog Z Ultra had 0 issues. I remember carving out the out of box screen protector by a razor and there were 0 scratches on the display after the procedure ).

You can't imagine how I miss that device.
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-07-05 14:06
Do sales of XZ2p start today?
AlvinZahranM
T250 Silver
PM
Posted: 2018-07-05 15:25
US pre-order begins in July 9th and Chinese pre-order begins in July 11th.
Daily Drivers: Galaxy S23 Ultra, Galaxy S22 Ultra, and iPhone 14 Pro Max
Secondary: vivo X80 Pro
Still using as a backup: Xperia XZ2
Still using (not as much): Galaxy Tab A 8.0
xperia_sakth
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-07-05 16:30
Camera comparison...

https://www.sogi.com.tw/artic[....]_u12plus_s9plus_p20pro/6251239
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2018-07-05 16:58
Undoubted, Sony has their own multiple issues but they working hard and fixed those in silent
Not blame left and right, barely to none complaint in competition and even no distasteful boast around

well known heat issue for Z5 family yes but it has two heat-pipes were put inside
while other don't and make tricky with voltage and software adjustment which not deliver
some company even make skipped heat disastrous chipset, that why I say it exception

Bootloop and USB problems, oh well sorry to hear that but I never have and never see
such experiences both personal and local forum reports even this int'l forum here and XDA too.

Apart of the first Z has mixed bag quality issues, all of Z1/Z2/Z3 has solid reports
Z5 to XZ has same camera soft corner and camera heat issues
XZ2 has fixed it all above but design change is not so warm welcome.

HTC's path, result are out and it is seriously disaster, I have nothing to say more about it.
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2018-07-05 20:15
The simple fact is that the XZ2 has come now with slim bezels while the S6, S7, S8 and S9 have gone by. OIS is still missing, only now EIS looks decent. Its a mentality problem, they need someone with vision to take them forward. If at MWC Sony comes with a first 5G device, that will easily get buried by the folding and flexible phones.

Anyone got some news? Juventus buying Ronaldo rumours will keep me busy for the moment but that could be done soon and I'll be back here.
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-07-05 22:17
How come EIS looks good just now?
Vids of z5 are better stabilized than many flagships today. Better than XZ2 too.
S6 does not have slim bezels.
S6 and S7 have 72% of screen. Z3, Z4 and Z5 have 71%.
Dual Edge of s8, s9 increases screen %, just like XAU.
XZ selfie is still among the best. Way better than S9.

Tiny bezels like v30 are not worth the trade off.
No front speakers and shitty selfie.

About the link with comparison, I just saw first pic so far. It is not good.
Pretty strong corner softness. Trees look awful.
xpr
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-07-05 22:26
Isn't the EIS now 5 axis?

In any case, OIS should definitely be added ASAP. Maybe Sony could do a 'Sony' by developing some new features using OIS.
[ This Message was edited by: xpr on 2018-07-05 21:28 ]
xpr
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-07-05 22:40

On 2018-06-25 00:29:21, AlvinZahranM wrote:
Yeah, the only manufacturers to have 960fps super slow-mo are Sony and Samsung. P20 Pro slows down a 240 fps footage for 4 times. That's why the image quality with that mode is brighter and has less noise, because unlike XZ2 and S9, the slow-mo is fake.

I think it would a good idea to use AI or whatever they would name it in order to improve super slow motion in low light.

FHD super slow motion is great and I think it would be good for Sony to allow for a longer duration and some interface improvements to make it easier to use.
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-07-05 22:47
To improve low light videos it needs slower shutter.
But for videos slower shutter is bad, wven in day light.
Lots of blur if there is anything moving.
xpr
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-07-06 00:02

On 2018-07-05 22:47:15, Moe87 wrote:
To improve low light videos it needs slower shutter.
But for videos slower shutter is bad, wven in day light.
Lots of blur if there is anything moving.

I'm referring to 960fps. Sony has stacked memory and maybe they could attempt to improve 960fps videos in low light. I mean, if Huawei manage to create fully fake 960fps using AI, surely Sony could use AI to remove or diminish flickering lights when shooting 960fps.
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-07-06 00:59
It is different...
XZ2 and S9 record 960, p20 has playback only.

I dont think it can be done, even 4K@30 sucks at night.
Just open the cam, go to videos.. Before you start recording you see the noise on screen.

Even at ISO 12800, it may not be as good as daylight.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 320321322 ... 385386387  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic