Previous  123 ... 313233 343536  Next
Author Sony Xperia Z5 Premium Announced
evaleon
Sony Xperia P
PM
Posted: 2015-12-23 16:40
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Yay Esato's back!! I was freaking out for awhile that Esato was taken down

Anyway I bought a Z5P chrome instead of a Z5, knowing all the differences and that next year most high end phones will have 4K,better chipset etc.,and that this is just going to be a bridging phone for me, what swayed my decision from Z5 was.......the feel of Z5P in my hands *hides under the desk*

Jokes apart I really need to comment on the build of the phone..its very beautiful and feels really solid in hand, premium indeed.Coming from Xperia P (metal build) Z5 dint feel quite right,many people may like its lightness but it felt flimsy like plastic to me *hides again*....everybody else has spoken about display (one word:awesome ) and battery (UPTO 2 days indeed definitely NOT 2days), camera (good but needs improvement,waiting for update), heating (not much,if at all, bearable), loudspeaker (not loud enough),size (you will get used to it,not uncomfortable at all) etc.,so not much comments there.

I was having second thoughts after buying Z5P,if it was worth the extra money..but after using it for 10 days I feel its worth every single rupee (or whatever currency in your place) and I am loving my phone..no regrets here..
[ This Message was edited by: evaleon on 2015-12-24 06:21 ]
bronxdude
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
PM
Posted: 2015-12-25 14:23
and I finally gave in. hahaha!

I got the chrome. and i am loving it! I sometimes experience slow saving of pictures, especially if it was taken via the on-screen button. any solutions to that?

I just don't like the scarcity of the cases.

Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2015-12-27 10:59
This is what I hate about Sony, even though it has been 2 months since Z5 series was released ( 1 month for Z5P ) but still no way to root without loosing Sony features ( the need to unlock the bootloader to root deletes DRM, disable's Sony advanced features )...

Z3+/Z4 which is now 6 months in the market get the same story.. no root without loosing these features

being both Z4 and Z5 are basically the same platform, I'm expecting the same story will apply to Z5 too, and knowing any way to do it in any one of these will make it much easier to have it for the others...
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-12-28 07:35
got my chrome z5p dual, can record over 40 mins of 4K video is great! However the lack of camera widget with quick select function is stupid. Also really wish there is a option to put 5-6 icons in a row instead of 4 damn it.
Shino03
S700
PM
Posted: 2015-12-30 05:54
I had been thinking about this lately and I don't know where to properly post but I honestly think the cameras on the xperia line up are underrated. The depth of field of the cameras are in a different league than other mobile cameras. Why are people so much putting the xperia down?
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2015-12-30 08:09

On 2015-12-30 05:54:36, Shino03 wrote:
I had been thinking about this lately and I don't know where to properly post but I honestly think the cameras on the xperia line up are underrated. The depth of field of the cameras are in a different league than other mobile cameras. Why are people so much putting the xperia down?

Because of how much Sony have in experience... they're expecting more than what they see
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-12-31 06:30
They just need stop obsess with accuracy, hire some real graphic designers that knows how to pretty up photos and create their image processing algorithm. Its what screw them over and over again at the end and they haven't learn shit. Same with their image compression, my 23MP shots are all around 6-7mb, thats pretty much tells me they compressed the image way too much. And is there a crime for using png or something?
reeflotz
Hazel
PM
Posted: 2015-12-31 07:11

On 2015-12-31 06:30:16, Gitaroo wrote:
my 23MP shots are all around 6-7mb, thats pretty much tells me they compressed the image way too much. And is there a crime for using png or something?

??

6-7mb is compressed? gonna have to disagree with you on that. My rx100 also ranges around 6-7mb. I see no problem with compression artifacts.

I don't think the filesize is the issue.

Also, what's wrong with jpeg? even professional cameras save in that format, because its efficient. well apart from raw, and even processed raw is outputted to jpeg mostly.

a 20mp PNG is 19mb per pic, good luck with storage after being trigger happy in picture taking. just saying.

I'd rather have the option to save as raw rather than save as PNG. Makes more sense to me.
Hazel J20i [Bricked], Sony Xperia Go
reeflotz.blogspot.com
reeflotz@deviantart
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-12-31 20:30
I would think so, I think samsung lower mp shots are generally about the same size or even bigger in many cases. Compression has been a problem for xperia phones for a long time, like my z1 20mp shots are about the same size as my s3 8mp. Zomg once posted on gaf saying that sony were looking at including multiple compression option after all the complains but it never happened.
Shino03
S700
PM
Posted: 2016-01-01 10:08
It actually depends on the scene. At lower iso values, the xperia cameras have higher file size than other phones when set at 20/23mp.

Moreover, I think Sony is having difficulty implementing OIS on their cameras because they are generally larger than other sensors but from my experience, the higher iso capability and large sensor of the Xperia cameras are better than say the iphone 6 in low-light. My friends can't believe that my phone can capture more detail than their pricey iphones when there is little light involved
MyP910
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2016-01-01 12:02
sorry for going off topic but personally, I like xperia images than other smartphones. I don't really understand when people talk negatively on xperia cameras capability. My wife has xperia M5 which produces stunning image quality. I don't know, maybe my eyes is not as good as other people.
Ericsson t10, T310, P800, S600, P910, P990, SEX1, SEX10, SEXArc, XZ, XZ1
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-01-01 19:42

On 2016-01-01 10:08:09, Shino03 wrote:
It actually depends on the scene. At lower iso values, the xperia cameras have higher file size than other phones when set at 20/23mp.

Moreover, I think Sony is having difficulty implementing OIS on their cameras because they are generally larger than other sensors but from my experience, the higher iso capability and large sensor of the Xperia cameras are better than say the iphone 6 in low-light. My friends can't believe that my phone can capture more detail than their pricey iphones when there is little light involved

Obviously talking about very similar scene under the same light conditions. My s3 8mp shots were 30% larger than my z1 20mp shot in some cases, which is kind of crazy.
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2016-01-07 21:40
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium Vs Microsoft Lumia 950 XL (Speed & Camera Test In 4K)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zN5Ve-wD48
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2016-01-08 05:40
Last Of US Remastered Sony Xperia Z5 Premium Remote Gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksebcW2TJOA
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-01-08 18:51
really wish the remote play can do 1080p 60 fps. Just a mere 720p video feed upscale is horrible.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 313233 343536  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic