Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 45 ... 121314  Next
Author voting 1 on photos
mlife
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2011-07-11 16:05
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
*Updated title of this thread so it is easier to find in searches.

Also wanted to ask a simple question that maybe a mod or laffen could answer. Is it possible to create way to disable voting on photos we upload? I would like to participate in the monthly photo contest but don't like providing the satisfaction to the "1" voters of voting me down so that may stay on top. Or, maybe change the script on the voting button so that it won't submit your vote without a comment attached.

This I feel would solve the issue as the "1" voters would be forced to reveal their user id when they voted thus making it very obvious if that user is always voting with only ones. Additionally, if the photo is truly a one, it would provide an opportunity for constructive feedback on why that photo is felt to deserve that score and how (in the opinion of that user) they could make it better.

Just an idea, your thoughts?
[ This Message was edited by: mlife on 2011-07-11 15:07 ]
[addsig]
emporium
Sony Xperia V
PM
Posted: 2011-07-11 16:33
...change the script on the voting button so that it won't submit your vote without a comment attached.

They again can write "good photo" and vote with 1.

..."1" voters would be forced to reveal their user id when they voted ...

Voting with 1 is not forbiden, so even if user id would be known, he couldn't be baned, only that can be done is to not vote for him. But again, because probably multiple account are "in game", he wont vote 1 with real profile.
[ This Message was edited by: dusan2 on 2011-07-11 15:42 ]
mlife
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2011-07-11 16:48

On 2011-07-11 16:33:26, dusan2 wrote:
...change the script on the voting button so that it won't submit your vote without a comment attached.

But then their ID stating "good photo" with a "1" right next to it immediatly calls out the fake... the vote would need be attached to the feedback.

Voting with 1 is not forbiden, so even if user id would be known, he couldn't be baned, only that can be done is to not vote for him. But again, because probably multiple account are "in game", he wont vote 1 with real profile.

Yes... I understand its not forbidden but once that ID is identified as one of the offenders, laffen could just go in and ban all ID's at that IP if the issue persisted. Obviously voting "1" will still happen becuse some photos deserve it, but if that user votes EVERYTHING a one, I think that is a red flag. [addsig]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-07-11 16:58
Strange one this. I find that depending on what phone I am using my scores are either high or low. I have used some Nokia phones or Samsung & mostly they get rated low ish yet they are still decent photos. Now I recently got a Neo my photos have shot up. I don't mind this but it seems some people are voting for their fave brand it seems. Though even with my Neo some shots still sometimes get a score of 2 or 4 but mostly high now.
Phone?? What phone??
emporium
Sony Xperia V
PM
Posted: 2011-07-11 17:24
still, voting for everything with 1 is not against site rules, the best thing mods can do, i think, is, first bring new rule - having more then one account is not allowed, then instal automatic sistem for baning multiple accounts, like some torrent sites have, so we will have one 1 from one user
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2011-07-12 01:17
Multiple accounts are hard to avoid. What if my wife wants to join Esato.
Marly
Apple iPhone 6
PM
Posted: 2011-07-12 01:41
Or my hubby

I think, people shouldn't let these "1-voters" spoil the fun, just take a nice picture and show it to other members. There are more important things in life, than to be in the top ten and when you don't allow those "1-voters" to annoy you, it'll be less interesting for them
It's like with other trolls on the internet, just don't pay too much attention to them!

Something I don't like about the photo section: there are lots of pictures from "real" digicams in it, they don't belong there, there are other forums for those pics and it's not fair to post them here, as these pics will always be technically better, than those from a phone.
I'd never vote them down though, but imo they shouldn't be allowed.
[ This Message was edited by: Marly on 2011-07-12 05:06 ]
"America: please don’t be a Dumpfkopf"
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-07-12 19:21
Yes,you're right I guess if we ignore it & don't let it get to us they will get bored.
Phone?? What phone??
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-07-12 21:52

See my most famous photo. It has many votes but alot of LOW votes too. Still happens on some of my new ones
Phone?? What phone??
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2011-07-12 23:40
I think this is the perfect way to catch the 1-star voters.

We'll see what can be done...

I'm not saying it'll be a fact!

On 2011-07-11 16:33:26, dusan2 wrote:

I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2011-07-13 00:38
I'm sure there will be less voting done when you have to leave a comment.
But it's worth a try. Makes it a bit more serious.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-07-13 00:43
Good idea I say. Its also nice to see who is giving you good votes cos sometimes someone who votes 10 out of 10 you never know who it is.
Phone?? What phone??
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-07-13 01:03
One of my photos a while ago received 27 votes in one day all of 1 or 2 votes. Crazy
Phone?? What phone??
mlife
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2011-08-14 15:50

On 2011-07-13 01:03:00, Bonovox wrote:
One of my photos a while ago received 27 votes in one day all of 1 or 2 votes. Crazy

Have you ever noticed that LEFTHORSE always has atleast 2 or more photo on the TOP 16 page but has yet to EVER post even ONCE!... Im just sayin'... why would come to such a forum and ONLY post pictures and never participate in ANY discussions.... unless
A) your just here to see your pictures on the top 16 or
B) you have another ID.
[ This Message was edited by: mlife on 2011-08-14 14:57 ]
[addsig]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-08-14 16:21
I have noticed the past week or so the charts have gone quiet. So many of the same photos have been there for weeks its become boring. But i do say that it will deter 1 voters if they have to leave a comment when they vote. That way they would be named and shamed. I also sometimes find it depends what brand of phone i use the votes go up or down. There is a new photo of a flower up top now by Snuupy but someone made an annoying comment. They said BEAT THAT NOKIA FAGS or something.

Sex is like the bank,as soon as you withdraw you lose interest!!
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2011-08-14 16:11 ]
Phone?? What phone??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 45 ... 121314  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic