naveedaziz83
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2008-09-04 16:41
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Asalam o alaikum warah matullah wabarakatuhu

Allah has said in the Holy Quran,

Sura#3, Aya Number 132

And not just in this sura, but in numerous many other Allah has mentioned this simple yet powerful statement. Therefore we muslims, both male and females, should follow this basic command in order to be successful both in the duniya and the here-after.

Following are few Dua's regarding matters which we perform every day, regardless of age, sex and location. Prophet (PBUH) used to observe these dua's every single day and night.

1) Dua's and Azkar while going to bed

a) Prophet (PBUH) said that when you lay in your bed for the intention of sleep and you read ayat-ul-kursi, Allah assigns an Angel to protect you from the devil all night. (Sahi Bukhari, Book 4, Hadeeth 613)

b) He who recites the last two aya's of Sura Bakara before going to sleep, these are enough for him. (Sahi Bukhari, Book 9, Hadeeth 69 ;Sahi Muslim, Hadeeth 807)

c) A person who recites the following 3 phrases while laying on bed,
that is better for that person than getting a servant. (Sahi Muslim , Hadeeth 2727)

May Allah guide us to follow His commands and to observe the Sunnah of Prophet (PBUH). Ameen Sum Ameen

Wasalam o alaikum warah matullah wabarakatuhu

Modded Menu

[ This Message was edited by: naveedaziz83 on 2008-09-04 16:08 ]
PeterKay
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-09-04 22:02
Masha'allah

well said brother.

adnansanni
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2008-09-05 08:43
Asalam-o-alaikum
Ramadan Mubarak to you all.
naveedaziz83
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2008-09-05 17:08
walaikum as Salam warah matullah wabarakatuhu

@adnan, ramadan mubarak to u as well

Alhamdolillah , today is the first Juma in this blessed month. May Allah accept all our prayers, ameen sum ameen.

Allah has said in the Holy Quran translation of which is given below,

"O you who believe! When the call is proclaimed for prayer on the day of Jumu'ah, then hasten to the remembrance of Allah, and leave off all trade: that is better for you, if only you knew. And when the Prayer has been offered, then you may disperse through the land, and seek of Allah's bounty; but remember Allah often, that you may prosper. But when they see a bargain or amusement, they disperse headlong to it, and leave you (O Muhammad) standing! Say: What Allah has is better than any amusement or bargain, and Allah is the best of providers. (Al-Qur'aan, surah al-Jumu'ah, 62:9-11)"

http://www.abdurrahman.org/salah/fridaycongregation.html

These aya's reveal the great importance of Juma in our life. Allah has commanded us to leave our trades and search for food till after we read the Juma Salat in congregation. A couple of Hadeeths of the Prophet (PBUH) concerning Jumma.

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) said, "Any person who takes a bath on Friday like the bath of Janaba and then goes for the prayer (in the first hour i.e. early), it is as if he had sacrificed a camel (in Allah's cause); and whoever goes in the second hour it is as if he had sacrificed a cow; and whoever goes in the third hour, then it is as if he had sacrificed a horned ram; and if one goes in the fourth hour, then it is as if he had sacrificed a hen; and whoever goes in the fifth hour then it is as if he had offered an egg. When the Imam comes out (i.e. starts delivering the Khutba), the angels present themselves to listen to the Khutba." (Sahi Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 13, Number 6)

Narrated Salman-Al-Farsi:

The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said, "Whoever takes a bath on Friday, purifies himself as much as he can, then uses his (hair) oil or perfumes himself with the scent of his house, then proceeds (for the Juma prayer) and does not separate two persons sitting together (in the mosque), then prays as much as (Allah has) written for him and then remains silent while the Imam is delivering the Khutba, his sins in-between the present and the last Friday would be forgiven." (Sahi Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 13, Number 8 )

If you think about these two hadeeths above, they have an important message for us. The first one talks about getting different rewards for arriving early for Juma and second one talks about having our sins forgiven by not separating two persons sitting together. If any one of us, obeys the commands in the first hadeeth i.e. arrive in the mosque at an early stage, they would never separate two persons sitting together , meaning they will have enough space to sit without having to make one by force.

This hadeeth is not only related to Juma but to all the 5 compulsory prayers during the day

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "If I had not found it hard for my followers or the people, I would have ordered them to clean their teeth with Siwak for every prayer." (Sahi Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 13, Number 12)

This hadeeth mentions a very common mistake done by many of our muslim brothers today. It is related not only to Juma but to all the compulsory prayers.

Narrated Abu Huraira:

heard Allah's Apostles (p.b.u.h) saying, "If the prayer is started do not run for it but just walk for it calmly and pray whatever you get, and complete whatever is missed. "(Sahi Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 13, Number 31)

Bringing up another common mistake seen in the Juma Khutba,

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) said, "When the Imam is delivering the Khutba, and you ask your companion to keep quiet and listen, then no doubt you have done an evil act." (Sahi Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 13, Number 56)

This next hadeeth provides an extra incentive to pray more and more on a Friday

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) talked about Friday and said, "There is an hour (opportune time) on Friday and if a Muslim gets it while praying and asks something from Allah, then Allah will definitely meet his demand." And he (the Prophet) pointed out the shortness of that time with his hands.
(Sahi Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 13, Number 57)

Note: Ulama have stated that this hour is after the Asar Salat till sunset, but we should try to take more and more advantage of this day by praying as much as we can in most parts of the day and by not just sticking to one particular time frame.

Note: All of the hadeeths above have been taken from the following website.

http://www.abdurrahman.org/salah/FridayPrayerBukhari.html

"He who recites Sura Kahaf (Sura Number 18) on the day of Juma, a light shall shine for him till the next Juma." (Reported by Imam Al-Hakim and Al-Baihaqee)

http://orkislam.blogspot.com/[....]e-of-yawm-ul-jumuahfriday.html

Apart from the above mentioned hadeeth, we should recite darood on the Prophet (PBUH) in abundance.

May Allah guide us all in following the right path and performing righteous deeds.
Ameen Sum Ameen

Wasalam o alaikum warah ma tullah wabarakatuhu
Modded Menu

[ This Message was edited by: naveedaziz83 on 2008-09-05 16:12 ]
PeterKay
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-09-05 18:03
excellently worded @naveedaziz83

Allah accept your efforts.

aameen
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2008-09-06 02:20
Did Jum'ma namaz behind Yusuf Estes (Peace TV) today at the East London Mosque. He has incredible knowledge about Islam!

He was saying that before he came to Islam, he would try to take people away from Islam to his previous religion/beliefs. He said that if you were to tell him back then that he would become a Muslim, he would say it is absolutely impossible. Look at him now.

Allah decides what is possible and not. Yusuf Estes puts me, a Muslim from birth to shame with his dedication and time he spends studying Islam. Those who Allah puts on the correct path can never stray from it and at the same time, those that stray may never return. Allah decides and knows best. Learn as much as you can, you have no excuse not to.
naveedaziz83
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2008-09-06 05:07
Asalam o alaikum warah matullah

Agree with you there badman ... I think the reason behind that is because we (as natural born muslims) are born in a muslim family, father muslim , mother muslim and the entire family is muslim thtz why most of us do not pay any attention in perfecting our islam. Most of us are of the wrong view that since we have said "La-ilaha Ill-lallah Muhammad - un rasoll- ullah" we are going to enter paradise, which is not right. Allah has clearly mentioned in the Holy Quran that imaan by itself is of no use and righteous deeds are absolutely must with imaan. On the other hand, a reverted muslim first understands what Islam truly is, and then if Allah wills, that person accepts Islam and follows it , as much as Allah wills for him.

And if you think about it, Allah demands almost nothing from us. The only thing He asks for us is 5 times prayer a day (talking about only Fard. Yes praying Sunnah is also important but at the least Fard). Ramadan comes only once a month and even in ramadan there are so many concessions. Zakat is fard only after a certain condition and Hajj is Fard only if you have the money and the strength. And yet we muslims find it so hard to even pray 5 times a day. Even after that, how can we think that Allah will let us enter paradise. No doubt that with His rehma, He will forgive most of our sins and let us enter paradise but we should try our best to make an effort to do as many good deeds as possible.

May Allah guide our heart's in following the command's of Allah and saying of Prophet (PBUH) Ameen Sum Ameen
Nokia N8
aatuif
R520
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-09-06 07:34
this thread is going great guns...
naveedaziz83
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2008-09-06 16:31
Asalam o alaikum warah matullah wabarakatuhu

"Jabir b. 'Abdullah al-Ansari reported: The Prophet (may peace be upon him) said: I have been conferred upon five (things) which were not granted to anyone before me (and these are):
1 Every apostle was sent particularly to his own people, whereas I have been sent to all the red and the black
2 the spoils of war have been made lawful for me, and these were never made lawful to anyone before me,
3and the earth has been made sacred and pure and mosque for me, so whenever the time of prayer comes for any one of you he should pray whenever he is,
4 and I have been supported by awe (by which the enemy is overwhelmed) from the distance (which one takes) one month to cover
5 and I have been granted intercession."

(Sahi Muslim, Book#4, Kitab-ul-Salat, Hadeeth 1058)

It is a great blessing for us muslims Alhamdolillah that the entire earth has been made a mosque for us and whenever it is time for prayer, we can pray there and then. Imagine if that was not the case and we would have to locate a mosque in order to pray. Although Alhamdolillah there are many mosques build all over the world these days.

And yet even after this blessing, how many of us take time out of our busy lives and reserve it purely for Allah? Observe daily 5 time prayers? How long does it take to pray .. 10 mins at the most (fard only). We can spend hours and hours doing other sort of activites and yet we cant spend 10 mins. Wake up Oh Muslims, Yes we are the best nation in this world but not just by sitting in front of television or by only doing wordly things. but we are the best nation because we obey the commands of Allah, pray, give zakat, fast in ramadan, go for Hajj and most importantly we do the right thing and prevent others from doing the wrong things.

May Allah open our hearts in praying for Him and obeying Him. Ameen Sum Ameen

Wasalam o alaikum warah matullah wabara katuhu
Nokia N8
PeterKay
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-09-06 16:36
Yusuf Estes is brilliant, seen his videos online.

Vast knowledge on islam,

his website:

http://watchislam.com/

http://www.islamtomorrow.com/

http://www.watchislam.com/videos/video.php?vid=3

Admin2
Model not set
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-09-07 07:54
Salam to all bros here.Nice discussion! bcaz it is the must need of every human on the earth to know the Almighty ALLAH(the God of all) and to know why Allah has created us in this world.No doubt that Allah has created us for HIS worship. ALLAH has created the human superior than all other creatures of the world, gave him a powerful mind, so that the man can know ALLAH, thanks ALLAH and worship Allah. But unfortunatly most of the humen beings are totally unaware of ALLAH Who has created them, Who feeds them, Who grows their crops from the earth,Who send water(rain) from the sky,Who brings days & nights for them and Who controls the whole universe.We all have to appear before Allah one day,and HE will ask us whether we had spent our lives acording to HIS teachings(Islam) or just wasted our lives.In HIS book QURAN, ALLAH says that those people are worst than the animals who don't think about Allah(Who is their Creator). May God bless us all!
Caspa
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2008-09-07 14:34
Quote:

On 2008-09-04 00:12:10, PeterKay wrote:
Caspa my brother,

please can you explain how you reverted to Islam?

really interested.

Shukran

sorry for the delay, been snowed under at work!

i can indeed akhi and will do during the week, inshallah... my laptop no longer works at home due to the company merging its two networks and its a bit to much to try and write on the phone!
PeterKay
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-09-07 17:01
no worries brother.

really interested.

PeterKay
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-09-07 18:44