Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > SAD SE 2007 Portfolio-Hard to digest facts

Previous  123 45 ... 161718  Next
Author SAD SE 2007 Portfolio-Hard to digest facts
technical-expert
W595 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-10-05 15:53
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@carkitter

if u want to compare k600i with v640i its realy annoying
k600i
262k screen, 176.220 pixels
v640i
262k screen,176.220 pixels
k600i has 4x zoom compared to v640i (why r they degrading ?)

and if u had to tell about the v640 and v630
I dont need to write two configurations both are same
262k screen
176x220 pixels screen which phone line k700i of 2005
had"which world is it fair"
almost every configuration of v640i says its low end phone
nothing more to say and its aslo the same as v640i.
It should atleast have been qvga,It doesnt even have the autofocus either
In wht terms are u saying that its not low end phone
mk12189
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-10-05 16:18
I have been using SE phones for several years now and was dissapointed that SE could not match or even out do the spec of nokias N95 until now i would have said SE made the best phones (debatable i know) but that was my general opinion but now the N95 is making me wonder if i would be better switching 2 using nokia phones?
xironghostx
W350 White
PM
Posted: 2007-10-05 16:58
Y, i think SE just take the old k750 and add some new fashion design, make camera worse and call it something else
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-10-05 17:29
@batesie

It's posts like this and I'll quote you

"posts like that spoil the overall image of esato. i love some of the low end phones out there. nice and light/compact...

*throws stones at original poster*"

Plus some others that give people on other Forums all the ammunition they need to slag ESTAO members off as being nothing more than a bunch of sycophantic SE fan boys. Which makes me ashamed to be a member of ESTAO and virtually impossible to defend it's other members.

Really what i think you need to do is petition Laffen and Masseur and have any one that dares say a bad word or any criticism of SE permanently banned. Only positive a good things should be allowed to be said about the wonderful SE and then you can all do nothing but congratulate SE on their excellent work and customer service in your own little fantasy world. Just ignore all SE's shortcomings and terrible treatment of it's customers and pretend it never happens.

The day when some one can't voice their opinions without being insulted and derided for speaking the truth as they see it is indeed sad. The fact that some of you defend SE in the way you do is even sadder.

Well at least you have one less person to get banned as i now have left the Forum, Masseur or Laffen please delete my account.

Marc

Honoured to have won BEST DEBATER

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-10-05 16:30 ]
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-10-05 17:39
@Dogmann

Well in case you haven't noticed ESATO is a forum for Sony Ericsson phones, so the 'bunch of sycophantic SE fanboys' as you call them come with the territory, whether you can accept it or not - thats just the way it is.

Your having a go at members for defending SE on a Sony Ericsson forum? Why is that not to be expected for heavens sake?

Anyway, so long fella!
QVGA
Nokia Lumia 1020
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-10-05 17:44
I cant even bother arguing with you, but here goes:!
Being a fanboy is ok. Abusing, posting BS, making fun and cursing is another matter. And these are the things that are seen on an increased basis on Esato. Are you defending that too?
opexblue
Xperia X8 White
PM
Posted: 2007-10-05 17:46
All I can say is SE gives you option to choose the phone you like with the same spec, just like other manufacturer did. IMO every manufacturer has their own way, their own style for the phone design and spec. I can't deny that others have higher tech and good design too. But still it comes back to ourselves. Which phone do we like? What spec do we need? The price that we can afford? If you don't like SE styles, then go for others... It's very simple.
Let's see, N95 is good design and spec with tons of features, it's very tempting for me to have it. But to be honest I don't need it. It 's a matter of taste and need.
Like I said before, it's all come back to ourselves. But hey, everybody can have their opinion, right?
NOKIA 8210> Samsung R220> Samsung N620> K700i> W700i> K800i (latest firmware R8BA024 Modding:Menu, Acoustic, camdriver)> K510i> C510i> Xperia X8> Samsung Galaxy W I8150> Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900S
jcwhite_uk
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-10-05 17:49
At the minute phones are not that innovative. I am thinking of going for the N95 as my next phone as there are no phones for what i really want. I am after a phone with HSDPA that can run Tomtom and as the UIQ se's currently dont have HSDPA that rules them out.
Checkout my photos at My Website

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-10-05 17:57
@QVGA

Why would I defend that? Oh of course not and stop asking such stupid ridiculously, loaded questions.

Treat people as you would like to be treated yourself. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and its great to discuss but that doesn't mean what someone says has to be taken as gospel.

Abuse is a big no-no but then again so is posting bad comment after bad comment and criticising just for the sake of it.

[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2007-10-05 17:09 ]
borisisinvin
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-10-05 18:02
I totally agree with Dragoneye and Carkitter on their perspective previous post about Sony Ericcson phones. I also agree with Dogmann. Why slag someone, the way many Esato users do, for having a different opinion than you? Why ask that they be banned or even "stoned", and over A CELL PHONE at that? Get a life... I'm a Sony Ericsson cell fan too, and have enjoyed their non-smart phone offerings for years now, however I'm also a little sick of getting their half hearted "attempts" as of late at innovative cell phone design. I think it's not too much to ask -OR INTELLIGENTLY DEBATE, considering the exhorative prices Sony Ericcson ask for considering similarly equiped handsets from other manufacturers!
KingBooker5
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-10-05 18:08
what the hell? Low ends arnt useless. There for a diffrent audiance. Not every one wants a high tech device. They just want somthing to phone and text with!
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-10-05 18:11
@Kingbooker

There is a place for low-end phones but people are also crying out for high-end phones at the same time.

SE is supposed to be an OEM with a reputation for high-end devices but people are tired of waiting for the next big device while SE expands its mid-tier segment.

On 2007-10-05 18:02:45, borisisinvin wrote:
Why ask that they be banned or even "stoned", and over A CELL PHONE at that? Get a life...

When batesie said the original poster should be banned or stoned he said it with a He didn't actually pm a mod and petition them to be actually banned.

[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2007-10-05 17:21 ]
shyam335
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2007-10-05 18:34
I tend to agree with OP..
All se managed to release this year is p1i and k850,rest are clones in one way or other..
and yes,be a fan boy,but don't be blind..
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true - Winston Churchill

We shape our buildings; thereafter they shape us - Winston Churchill
C905
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-10-05 18:38

On 2007-10-05 13:54:43, arunvc wrote:
@truewor

w580i
The camera lacks autodocus and flash,which a phone released in same price in 2005 had,sliding mechanism had little flaws and is shaky
and then comes fatures like walkman player 2 (Theres nothing speical in it)and all other things which doesnt bring any improvement.

w660i
Camera lacks autofocus and LED (Why it is being degraded ???)and the price remains as high
Mediocre display resolution
Heavily over priced
Sony Ericsson W660 brings no innovations; it's the good old applications and functions

W880I
Sony Ericsson W880 has no dedicated macro mode, everything closer than say 80 cm from the lens will be out of focus.
How come a high end radio may not have a fm radio even which phones as low as $50 manage to fit, and more important thing is
its a "walkman with no radio"
No AF and no flash(why is it being downgraded?)
How can u call a phone which even doesnt a featurea basic fm radio,a good camera a high end phone
W880i was highly over priced when released throughout the world"it may be high end for only because of price)

Wht r the things that justify the hefty price tag,how do u claim it a high end phone"no way"

it is called autofocus not autodocus
technical-expert
W595 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-10-05 18:41
@KingBooker5

Low end phones are use-less phones
nothing has se did to this segment,they r just cahnging the oulook of the phone
I did credit their w200i release
because SE tried to reach the people who need walkman phone for less.
So leaving that its just like se changing model nos and to release a phone

high end
First of all they releases their phones like w960i and k850i delayed,and moreover
please think as a norman person and not as a se fan
Nokia n95(or any other phone) has been in market for quite sometime and the price of n95 has come down a bit
but when se actually releases the phones like w960i or k850i they are heftly priced
then phones which have similar or higher spec which are already available in the market(like the n95),and it does take a quite a few some
time may be 6months are so the prices of se comes down,and by the time new phone are being released by other manufacturers.
"so wht im trying to say is that se is getting delayed".And dont u guys think due to this dealy manY will change to other brands
or will "loose intrest iN se"

For ex
Nokia n95 has been released and even before Se has released they "somewhat competitor" of N95 or "i Phone" Nokia has come up
with another array of anouncement like N95 8gb,N81 gaming phone,N81 8gb,Nokia xpress music phones
(this is just and example)

"Don u guys think Se is behind and lagging,I jus tried to emphasise this thing by their portfolio"
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 45 ... 161718  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic