Just waiting the launch in my country.

The best colour
Ebato
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2015-10-08 00:26
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2015-10-07 18:29:27, JohnnyNr.5 wrote:
Sony might exits the smartphone business. The recent news about Sony to spin off its Image Sensor Business as a newcCompany would support that rumor.

“We will continue with the business as long as we are on track with the scenario of breaking even next year onwards … Otherwise, we haven’t eliminated the consideration of alternative options.” – Sony Chief Executive Kazuo Hirai

http://www.androidauthority.c[....]ds-to-return-to-profit-647530/
[ This Message was edited by: JohnnyNr.5 on 2015-10-07 17:30 ]

Depending on the severity of losses for the next 2-3 quarters (forget the profits, they are not coming), we will see either a sale (like with VAIO, aka a sale at a loss) or a partial closure (say, no tablets, no smaller phablets, only a few premium models a year in the EU and Japan). As of potential alliances, not going to happen. Well, HTC, maybe, but two losers don't make a winner, so... But my bet is on the retraction to the home shores where they still have 17% of the market vs. less than 1% in the rest of the world and markets like the US and China.
[ This Message was edited by: Ebato on 2015-10-07 23:42 ]
thetube
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-10-09 15:43
So what do you guys think of the rumored Ultra? Should we really expect it?
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-10-09 16:08
I really like to know how likely is a new z ultra. Sony might consider it as a failure so never go back to a high end 6"+ flagship anymore.
thetube
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-10-09 16:51
Leaksfly is credible on the other hand. So it is a mystery right now. But if not this year my patience will run out unfortunately. Hopefully we'll be seeing 6 inch phablets next year so it is Sony's loss as always. They could have dominated the 6+ niche market.
[ This Message was edited by: thetube on 2015-10-09 15:51 ]
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-10-09 16:54
yeah, they are putting some effort in 6" phatlet though, like the T ultra or C ultra, just not the high end line up.
thetube
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-10-11 23:03
Well, hope they include a stylus with functions. This year will be the war of pens well my final chance for Sony ends this march. No ultra again, and I'll consider other OEMs.
josephnero
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2015-10-12 19:39
http://pocketnow.com/2015/10/09/sony-not-selling-mobile-xperia
thetube
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-10-12 20:01
Hope they don't quit before releasing an Ultra successor.
nightwing369
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2015-10-12 22:05
Some of you may remember me. I'm nightwing369. The guy one member said was asking for XR5 rumors so earnestly like it was an underground parking lot meet up for details! I can't find an esato Sony Xperia Rumors 2016 discussions thread anywhere, so I'm posting this here. I currently have the 2013 original Xperia Z (C6603) on a sim only and have recently received the final software update: 5.1.1. That is just over 2 and a half years worth of updates and consists of 4 new Android versions. As, to put it lightly, Sony Mobile is somewhat washed up on the rocks, at moment (so to speak); do you think I should wait and see if Sony recovers and get the Z6, or get another brand e.g a Nexus phone, where I might get more guaranteed software supports in terms of updates etc.?
Check this for the latest on the upcoming Sony phones for 2013: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AreyfktYnDHtdHN0bVFPdUFJd0ZiNzZQcjMwV1I5M0E#gid=0
SEXperiaPro
Sony Xperia Acro S
PM
Posted: 2015-10-13 00:47

On 2015-10-12 22:05:37, nightwing369 wrote:
As, to put it lightly, Sony Mobile is somewhat washed up on the rocks, at moment

Yup, sad reality but Sony is done. The Z series is complete shit, crap design, awful built quality, weak hardware and overall outdated. While they still have my favorite looking UI, it is behind as well. If they were at least priced right it would be fine but at such high price tags it's all types of wrong. Looking at the new LG V10, there's no way Sony can keep up anymore. I've only owned Sony Android phones myself but it's time to move on.
kurtdean
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2015-10-13 04:55
^ I dont understand the part where u said crap design and awful build quality but other than that perhaps its true
thetube
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-10-13 06:37
I don't agree in anyways. After complaining about the build quality and design, you lost me. You are giving LG as an example? Give me a break.. Worst design and cheapest looking android phone.

Sony has the upper hand on display and battery life right now. Fingerprint sensor is well placed, camera is on par with other phones. MicroSD card is included. Chipset is much better than other (except sammie) since they figured out the overheating.

Coming to UI, note 3 doesn't have android 5.1.1 but my Z Ultra has. Sony has the Best lag free android UI with HTC Sense. So coming here and making false statements is not nice. What do you want from Sony that other OEMs are giving?

Sorry but Sony is placing itself in premium segment. So if you can't afford the latest Z series, I recommend you wait a little for price to drop or buy the former Z series.
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2015-10-13 06:40

On 2015-10-13 06:37:25, thetube wrote:
I don't agree in anyways. After complaining about the build quality and design, you lost me. You are giving LG as an example? Give me a break.. Worst design and cheapest looking android phone.

Sony has the upper hand on display and battery life right now. Fingerprint sensor is well placed, camera is on par with other phones. MicroSD card is included. Chipset is much better than other (except sammie) since they figured out the overheating.

Coming to UI, note 3 doesn't have android 5.1.1 but my Z Ultra has. Sony has the Best lag free android UI with HTC Sense. So coming here and making false statements is not nice. What do you want from Sony that other OEMs are giving?

Sorry but Sony is placing itself in premium segment. So if you can't afford the latest Z series, I recommend you wait a little for price to drop or buy the former Z series.

Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-10-13 13:49
Truthfully (even from this die hard fanboy) the omnibalance design is starting to age. The 'new' flatter surround seems like a step backwards just as I was getting used to the shock of the round edges, I feel they were forced into this by the inclusion of the fingerprint sensor on the side. The moving of the sound slits to the very top and bottom seem like another admission that the Z3 designs were wrong. All in all the Z5s look like Z2s with makeup on.

But we have hope, right? 2016 is supposed to herald the new design language, but what can one realistically do with hardware? We can guess the form factor and approximate dimensions. We can guess the front will be dominated by a screen and will be glass edge to edge. If the surround isn't metal there'll be uproar. Which leaves only the back.

Will it be one-piece with the sides and all metal? Possibly but would Sony really put in the divider lines to make a metal back suitable for antenna? Unlikely. Will they change to something like wood, carbon fibre or (dun duh duuuh) plastic? Maybe, if they can get it look and feel nice. These materials tend to be missing a premium feel compared to glass.

Will they move the camera to be more central? Probably not. Where it is means they can retain a flat back and relatively thin profile. Sony's style among other divisions shows they like flat surfaces and clean edges. I wouldn't bet on a curved back or humped phone.

What does this leave us? Something like a Z5/Z4/Z3/Z2/Z1/Z. The problem is the omnibalance language is a sweet spot in design. To follow it up with something different they have to compromise something. Omelettes and eggs y'know? Or maybe it should be Omnibalance and eggs.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 297298299 ... 315316317  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic