Previous  123 ... 293031 ... 505506507  Next
Author Huge Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2007
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2006-12-07 14:19
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Just in from http://www.se-nse.net

This info was from MR of Mobile-Review. A trusted source.

"Sony Ericsson is addressing the future of 2007 with new devices, a new strategy and some new designs within their portfolio. A small bit of this information has been shown to the world today and we will sum it up for you.

First of all the new strategy for Sony Ericsson will be Bravia enhanced devices. "Sony Ericsson aims for mobile television" is the headline mentioned at Mobilephonehelpdesk.com. The first Bravia device recently saw daylight in Japan. The Sony Ericsson W44S, which will only be available for Japan for now, has a QVGA display that can be turned to different positions. Next to the crystalclear "Bravia" display, the device is equipped with 115 MB internal memory and it has a 3.2 megapixel camera.

Sony Ericsson insiders notified Mobile Phone Helpdesk that the first Bravia phones for the European market will probably be introduced at the 3GSM Congress in Barcelona. The product sales will go along with the rollout of DVB-H (Digital Video Broadcasting - Handheld) networks in Europe. This enables to watch crystal-clear television material on the mobile phone.

The step made by Sony Ericsson is a logical and a strong one. The Bravia phone will be one of the main segments for the upcoming months ensuring high quality screens with a resolution that will atonish people. Other competitors within the market will be anguish to see what the quality will be. We have high hopes of this new technique and segment.

Next to these Bravia phones the Walkman and Cyber-Shot series will be expanded. Within this series we see several new devices. First of all we would like to introduce the W770i, codename Ai. The device is the first slim candybar from Sony Ericsson and the answer to the slim segment addressed by Motorola and Samsung. We had our first hands-on with this new devices last week.

The device is equipped with Walkman player version 2.0, Bluetooth stereo audio support, Memory Stick Micro (M2) slot, internal antenna, 3G/UMTS with video call support, 2.0 Mpixel camera with video and flash, TrackID system, stereo FM-radio with RDS, 262.000 color display with a resolution of 176 x 220 pixels, SMS, EMS, MMS, VideoMMS, XHTML-browser, RSS-reader and is a Tri-band phone.

Its twin brother will be K770i, which is the normal version of this Walkman version device. It will not be equipped with the special Walkman player and will have a silver look. The W770i has a black front with orange Walkman logos and a orange back. The thickness of these devices is 9.4 mm.

The second set of devices is the new K650i and W650i, codename Li and Na. Both are placed within the current main segments of the Walkman and Cyber-Shot series. Build on the base of the K610i, both devices will have similar specifications. The K650i will be a mid-end Cyber-Shot device, the second device within this series.

The W650i is equipped with Walkman player version 2.0, Bluetooth stereo audio support, Memory Stick Micro (M2) slot, internal antenna, 3G/UMTS with video call support, 2.0 Mpixel camera with video and flash, stereo FM-radio with RDS, 262.000 color display with a resolution of 176 x 220 pixels, SMS, EMS, MMS, VideoMMS, XHTML-browser, RSS-reader and is a Tri-band phone.

The K650i, the Cyber-Shot variant, is equipped with a normal MP3 player, Bluetooth stereo audio support, Memory Stick Micro (M2) slot, internal antenna, 3G/UMTS with video call support, 2.0 Mpixel Cyber-Shot camera with auto focus, video and flash, stereo FM-radio with RDS, 262.000 color screen with a resolution of 176 x 220 pixels, SMS, EMS, MMS, VideoMMS, XHTML-browser, RSS-reader and is a Tri-band phone.

All devices described above will have the interface port on the left hand side of the device. That is quite some position to place it and rather strange if you look at for instance the option of having a cradle on your desk.

The last device that needs to be discussed is called codename Sofia or K850i. The new Cyber-Shot phone with 5.0 Mpixel camera, Xenon flash, 262.000 color display with QVGA resolution and several other features known from the K800i. The expectance is that the K850i will be equipped with a decent video camera and that it will be introduced around 3GSM World Congress in Barcelona. Cebit could be a no-go for Sony Ericsson this year but no confirmation about that at this stage.

It will be clear that the designs of the new devices have changed. Sony Ericsson uses a different concept. The round and bold looks of the current portfolio has been changed to a more distinctive edgy and Asian looks with small silver keys and silver display edges. There is more a metal look to the new devices and the used materials are less plastic. Something logical Sony Ericsson had to do if you looked at current devices like the K610i or W850i.

However the looks are that different that we are quite shocked with it. This new design strategy is something radical we would not have expected from the Swedish company. It will be quite challenging for SE to compete with others and bringing these products onto the market. We hope that these new plans and changing within the portfolio will lead to continuation of increase in sales, profit and market shares. The time will tell."

So 3GSM in February will herald the introduction of new Bravia Phones, that will coincide with Mobile TV (DVB-H) roll in Europe. Bravia phones will have 'astonishing' resolution.

[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2006-12-07 13:26 ]
cristiano
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2006-12-07 14:33
goldenface
MR post thies info's at his website first than he removed it
not in mobile review but in
newmobile
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2006-12-07 14:42
He has posted this over on se-nse.net. If it gets removed form there then I will take it down.

[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2006-12-07 13:44 ]
S4k1s
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2006-12-07 14:58
Interesting goldenface.
So, these ugly phones are indeed for real.

Also I'v been thinking.
"2.0 Mpixel Cyber-Shot camera with auto focus, video and flash"

Isn't this what the K750i and the W800i had 2 years ago?

This is a stupid marketing trick that annoys me a lot.
First removes the af from the phones over a year after the W800i was released doing so downgrading them and now they put back af in some phones and calls them "Cyber-Shot camera" phones.
Every phone after the W800/W900 have been a downgrade, even the ones with higher v. number. Downgrading some parts of a phone and then sticking a player 2.0 on it and calling it a upgrde is pure bullshit!

This is ridiculous! No, even better, this is ludicrous!

[I just had to write this, I'm getting a bit frustrated here, no real upgrades out for a long time now, is starting to milk it a bit too much]
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2006-12-07 15:09
@S4K1S

To me it sounds like is being very careful about where in the range certain models are placed.

I have always seen in the past as being in the unfortunate situation of having to compete with the big guys with too few handsets, which is why, as you rightly point out, the likes of the W800i had AF in its cam - after all, we all know that the K750i/W800/D750i were basically the same model. It was probably cheaper to leave AF in.

For itself, I think things are now changing because following a long stretch of profitability it is finally in the position where it can fully take advantage of the company heritage by bringing out dedicated music-phones like the W950i, camera-phones and now Bravia handsets. This is exactly why the two companies joined forces in the 1st place.

No doubt we will see a full spread of handsets from top to bottom and sadly, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if hardly any had decent cameras.

[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2006-12-07 14:11 ]
S4k1s
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2006-12-07 15:18
@goldenface
It is still wrong to release downgrades for over a year and not even have one maxed out phone.
And the problem is it's all about marketing. should NEVER release a 2MP Cyber-Shot phone. This is laughing and lying straight in the face of it's customers.
A lot of people will buy the K770i thinking it's an upgrade of their K750i.
What will do when they realise they have been cheated and drop the brand? Stuff like this can cost more than they tase.

Also my dad got a Nokia yesterday b/c he could not find a suited for his needs so I'm a bit pissed off
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2006-12-07 15:24
@S4k1s

Ooooooooo! I bet you can cut the atmosphere with a knife in your house. I'd be checking my soap for razor-blades if I was your dad.

I know, I know. is being pure evil by not letting us have our cake and eat it. The last phone we seen that seemed to have it all was the W900i - excellent cam, good video and good music playing credentials - good alrounder.

Divide and Conquer - that is what is doing to us

But you never know - we might be pleasantly surprised in 2007.

[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2006-12-07 14:28 ]
mustafabay
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2006-12-07 15:33
The only thing I have in defense of the K770 for being a Cybershot is that at least its a teeny weeny upgrade to the K750, it is 3G, right?
I don't want a signature anymore.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2006-12-07 15:39
@Mustapha

W770i

• Walkman player version 2.0,
  • Bluetooth stereo audio support,
  • Memory Stick Micro (M2) slot, internal antenna,
  • 3G/UMTS with video call support,
  • 2.0 Mpixel camera with video and flash,
  • TrackID system,
  • Stereo FM-radio with RDS,
  • 262.000 color display with a resolution of 176 x 220 pixels,
  • SMS, EMS, MMS, VideoMMS,
  • XHTML-browser,
  • RSS-reader
  • Tri-band phone.

The K version is only slightly different. Doesn't say if it has 3G or not but I would expect it to.

[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2006-12-07 14:40 ]
dancingfate
K700
PM
Posted: 2006-12-07 15:47
Quote:

On 2006-12-07 15:39:16, goldenface wrote:
@Mustapha

W770i

• Walkman player version 2.0,
  • Bluetooth stereo audio support,
  • Memory Stick Micro (M2) slot, internal antenna,
  • 3G/UMTS with video call support,
  • 2.0 Mpixel camera with video and flash,
  • TrackID system,
  • Stereo FM-radio with RDS,
  • 262.000 color display with a resolution of 176 x 220 pixels,
  • SMS, EMS, MMS, VideoMMS,
  • XHTML-browser,
  • RSS-reader
  • Tri-band phone.

The K version is only slightly different. Doesn't say if it has 3G or not but I would expect it to.

[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2006-12-07 14:40 ]

So, those are not true for Ai :
- HSDPA
- QVGA Screen Resolution

Is it?
Apple iPhone 4, HTC Evo 3D, HTC Sensation, HTC Inspire 4G, HTC Desire S, HTC Wildfire, S001, SO905iCS, T650 (Gold & Green), C901, W800, K660, K700, Beibei (G702), Severine (DEAD)
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2006-12-07 16:00
Well not according to the above text. We must remember that a much of what we have on the 1st page is rumour and speculation so it doesn't look like, up to now, if HSDPA will be included in the specs.

The two variants of Ai have a 176 x 220 @ 222k colours which is the same as the K750i.

[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2006-12-07 16:53 ]
shyam335
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2006-12-07 16:55
We used to blame nokia for clone's.Now a days se seem to do the same.
We have been complaining about lack of pdf/office applications for long,Its not difficult to do as i understand.

For MobileTV phones,will the resolution be greater QVGA?
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true - Winston Churchill

We shape our buildings; thereafter they shape us - Winston Churchill
dancingfate
K700
PM
Posted: 2006-12-07 17:04
Whilst it is being confirmed that index for AI is W770, so which one is W880 that used to taken the spy pics of Ai, Li, and Na?
Apple iPhone 4, HTC Evo 3D, HTC Sensation, HTC Inspire 4G, HTC Desire S, HTC Wildfire, S001, SO905iCS, T650 (Gold & Green), C901, W800, K660, K700, Beibei (G702), Severine (DEAD)
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2006-12-07 17:15
@Shyam35

I would imagine the Bravia phones to have a greater than QVGA resolution.

The W42s has a 3", 240 x 432 screen. I can't wait to see what the quality is like on these Bravia phones.

[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2006-12-07 16:32 ]
croatia
T68i
PM
Posted: 2006-12-07 17:46
I MUST SAY:DISCASTING DESIGN HOW WE SAY HERE IN CROATIA "FUJ" S.E. NEED A NEW DESIGNERS NOW! ARE THEY FROM JAPAN?NHF DEAR JAPANESE FRIENDS BUT THIS ISN'T FOR US HERE IN EUROPE?WHERE IS THE DESIGNER OF K750I/T630 IS PROBABLY THE SAME MAN,LET THE MAN OUT OF PRISON,S.E. WAS SAY BE4 FIVE YEARS WE'LL BE FIRST ON MARKET FOR FIVE YEARS WITH THOSE UGLY STUFF NEVER ! THANX CHEERS

This message was posted from a K750i
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 293031 ... 505506507  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic