Forum > General discussions > Rumours > SONY XPERIA Rumors 2014

Previous  123 ... 240241242 ... 414415416  Next
Author SONY XPERIA Rumors 2014
rss_ndrsn
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2014-06-08 06:42
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Im still hoping to see that 5 inch White-magic FHD display with anti-reflective glass in a Sony smartphone, also Plasma Flash (dual-led flash) and Fingerprint scanner. Maybe a mid-high-end for next year. Imagine these features with Qualcom SD810, all in body of ZL2 but thinner. This kind of device would be a good buy.

I have a few questions:

1. how come Z2's cam does not have raw support? Is there any chance z3 would support it? I believe it can still be done even though Android does not natively support it.

2. Why I can not control the volume and skip tracks using my headset when playing music in Android? Could Sony implement this so I do not have to buy an app just for this purpose?
Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-06-08 06:56
To skip tracks, I think a quick double tap does the job without the need of an app.
I don't get people. Never Have, never will.
cu015170
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2014-06-08 07:20
Unfortunately Sony's mobile division stands very little chance against the Korean crew.. I am not sure why exactly, but at this point its pretty clear.

The biggest problem is that the only differentiator b/w Sony and the rest is the hardware, and I just don't see how they can beat the Koreans on a hardware basis. When Sony went with Android it probably seemed like the best solution in the short term, but I think that it will come back and bite them in the butt.

They need to differentiate in a more meaningful way, you know.. kind of like what Apple are doing, but to do that you need your own software platform.. not someone else's that is widely available.

Samsung is, and they will continue to be "android kings" .. LG or some new Chinese OEM are the only ones that have a chance to challenge them.

The camera department is one way for them to win, but so far... nothing.. if they don't hurry up, they will end up in a very similar position to HTC, which is no Bueno. Sony Mobile are lucky that Sony Corp. is a huge corporation that can sustain it, very much like what Microsoft does with some of their business, but if they were a stand alone company they would've gone under by now..

AbhiD999
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-06-08 07:53

On 2014-06-07 20:24:00, vikeviki wrote:
I agree with king James,sony dont want to screw all there other business entity,,,so just be calm abhi,what he says is real truth.

I too had lot of hopes,saving all your money and just be a nice monkey,if u know value of money...

I guess Sony are inn transition mode,lets wait for 1 or 2 years,may be we get a potent new device worth for our pocket

Note: I like king James because he says the fuc*8 truth.
[ This Message was edited by: vikeviki on 2014-06-07 19:25 ]

In-transition ? Absolutely not! How more long are they going to be "in transition"?
They are already past that period.
King james says the truth ? I wouldn't accept it even if someone put a gun on my head, especially after he officially ranted on Sony's build quality and design, current superior screen and what not. That was enough to prove his bias.
There are only two legitimate reasons why Sony isn't selling -
1. Availability issues with every single phone out there. Zero presence in USA and China. Plus these crappy delays like Z2.
2. Absolutely Poor Marketing!
[ This Message was edited by: AbhiD999 on 2014-06-08 07:22 ]
Wintermute
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-06-08 07:54
Actually, Sony Mobile is one of the few divisions at Sony that has managed to make any money lately.
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2014-06-08 08:16
What I want for Sony to do is to ditch their software team. Seriously, it's like those guys don't even know what they're doing. And they've been failing every time, for years now. They've been trying, but they just can't seem to figure it out.
rss_ndrsn
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2014-06-08 08:31
^Agree. Sony's programmers slow their progress. I still cant understand why until now Z2 camera is not much better than the competition. Its camera has hardware to beat but still marginally or equal than Samsung S5's. If their programmers would just be able to optimize Z2 camera's hardware, it should have been hailed undoubtedly the best waterproof android smartphone in terms of photography and video. Too bad, Sony's hardwares and designs are to die for; however, Sony does not know how to take advantage of them.
Ranjith
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-06-08 08:48

On 2014-06-07 16:29:40, king-james wrote:

On 2014-06-07 14:07:36, Felimenta97 wrote:

On 2014-06-07 07:11:12, randomuser wrote:
They will compete in 2015 with Z4

Aaaand we've been hearing that since 2011 with how the XS will "compete and beat the sh*t out the other companies's devices...

Indeed Feli97! They just talking bullshit! Sony never can compete with competitors...

After 3 days I have given my Z2 back again. Display still behind competion, too dark, not nice colours, still no gorilla glass!!!... Camera just average, 8MP mode good, upper shit. Build Quality in the frames very bad hard plastic and gaps open. Doesnt feel like really premium device. The only thing what I liked was the new headset and its sound.

Apart from the camera i dont agree with you. I mean at least i find the fit and finish among the best out there along with HTC and NOKIA.Camera ..yes eventhouigh i don't care coz i strictly only use it for Whatsapp/FB and not for print or anything ,i agree its a bit bad for the kind of hardware they have put into it. SONY has screwed the SW side for the camera.
and screen,again its pretty brilliant,yes a bump in brightness is needed though.
I ESATO
I W1i

T20,T65, P800(2x),K800,Z300, 800, 850 (2x),P1i(with WALKMAN)
winnerzero
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2014-06-08 11:06
i know its OT, but does anyone know if there are going to be successors for the QX10 and QX100?... i personally think these would help the mobile side of things, if even just slightly...release a great successor to these cameras, make it work brilliantly with the next xperia flagship n im sold...

i honestly don't consider my phone a camera, i mean, its great for on the spot photography and casual photos but seriously, buy a camera if u want good photos. period.
king-james
Sony Xperia Z Ultra
PM
Posted: 2014-06-08 15:43
@AbhiD999 & -XYZ

LG and Samsung Plastic yes, but LG use better plastic, higher quality than Samsung. But however, what I want to say is that both manufactures let feel the build material good. I mean the device is complete perfect building. Not only back and front. All arround! When I compare my G2 with Z2, Z2 front+back glass and sides aluminium I KNOW! But it lacks in the side corners/edges... They are not perfect done! Of course I know that the sides are aluminium, but not all, just in the middle. Arround the aluminium is plastic!! And this plastic comes even out. There are gaps between the bezels and frames! Why I should lie? On my G2 you see nothing! All perfect, with gorilla glass till the corners! No gaps! NOTHING!!! The best Sony device with really premium feel is the one and only Z Ultra!!

Believe what you want guys! I just say the truth... If you don't believe me, please just go and buy this phones and feel the difference and open your eyez! I'm not a Sony hater or something like that. I just like Sony since I'm a kid, I wanna see Sony on 1st rank, but they can't. I buy almost every new device, but I get always dissapointed again and again...when I see the competition do this or this better... I tell you it's a big pain. I have also made a german Sony forum 1 year ago, but unfortunately it's not working well. People here in Germany mostly buy Samsung, Apple and HTC...

If you want we can discuss allday.

@Ranjith
The camera of Z2 is good, but not the best on the market! The 20,7MP are unnecessary...

@ViVi
Thx Bro! I'm sure that some people here know what I'm talking. I appreciate that.
[ This Message was edited by: king-james on 2014-06-08 14:47 ]
like.no.other
DexterMoser
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2014-06-08 16:03

On 2014-06-08 08:48:13, Ranjith wrote:
... among the best out there along with HTC and NOKIA.Camera...

EEEHHHMMM NO!
Nokia yes, without a doubt.
But HTC? More like the worst (at least their 4MP ones).

@king-james:
German Sony Fanclub? I'm you're guy!!
[ This Message was edited by: DexterMoser on 2014-06-08 15:14 ]
Galaxy S4 (S600)
Looking forward to the Sony Xperia Z4 (or 5)
Feynman about Beauty
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2014-06-08 16:11
Duo Camera is totally 2014 worst of all pathetic gimmick, is something that all I would say.
That's why they jump into 13Mpx bandwagon in recent model releases (One mini 2, and E8)

You have see the camera teardown both software and hardware
(I would love to give you couple links but I lost all my bookmark few week back).
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-06-08 17:31

On 2014-06-08 07:53:08, AbhiD999 wrote:

In-transition ? Absolutely not! How more long are they going to be "in transition"?
They are already past that period.
King james says the truth ? I wouldn't accept it even if someone put a gun on my head, especially after he officially ranted on Sony's build quality and design, current superior screen and what not. That was enough to prove his bias.
There are only two legitimate reasons why Sony isn't selling -
1. Availability issues with every single phone out there. Zero presence in USA and China. Plus these crappy delays like Z2.
2. Absolutely Poor Marketing!
[ This Message was edited by: AbhiD999 on 2014-06-08 07:22 ]

King James has actually owned most if not all of the top-end handsets from most of the major manufacturers inc. Sony. I think he is in a better position to comment than most here. He really wants Sony to succeed and wants to enjoy their products but has fallen in with a few bad units due to early adopter syndrome.

Sony has a great presence here in China, they have numerous China only handsets and their main R&D outside Japan is in Beijing (I drive past it regularly as it is only up the road from me). When I ride the Subway here I see Sonys everywhere. I even saw a T2 Ultra in the wild the other day. They are also not afraid to have floor to ceiling edge to edge poster advertising throughout entire subway stations (hundreds of metres of wall covered), their advertising and presence in China should not be used as an excuse.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
RandomCarpet
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2014-06-08 17:37
The problem of the Z1 / Z2 camera is not its software, neither is the 20.7 MPix sensor.
The biggest problem is the cheap low quality plastic "G" lens in front of the sensor.

I don't know what's the reason they are still doing this? Is it to reduce costs or to prevent cannibalization of their compact cameras, or both?

The reason Apple and Samsung can have better picture quality from the same Sony sensors is not because their camera software is better. Samsung and especially Apple are simply coupling the sensor with higher quality lenses. That is the reason!

Stop blaming Sony's software team for this. Saying they are incompetent and don't know what they are doing is as far from the truth as it can get. It is quite the opposite actually.
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2014-06-08 18:06

On 2014-06-08 17:37:39, RandomCarpet wrote:
The problem of the Z1 / Z2 camera is not its software, neither is the 20.7 MPix sensor.
The biggest problem is the cheap low quality plastic "G" lens in front of the sensor.

I don't know what's the reason they are still doing this? Is it to reduce costs or to prevent cannibalization of their compact cameras, or both?

The reason Apple and Samsung can have better picture quality from the same Sony sensors is not because their camera software is better. Samsung and especially Apple are simply coupling the sensor with higher quality lenses. That is the reason!

Stop blaming Sony's software team for this. Saying they are incompetent and don't know what they are doing is as far from the truth as it can get. It is quite the opposite actually.

The lens may be part of the problem, but so is the software. Remember the Z, no G Lens.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 240241242 ... 414415416  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic