Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 238239240 ... 362363364  Next
Author The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-07-26 15:18
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Have faith guys and don't believe everything you read in the papers!
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-07-26 16:49
@goldenface

I really wish I had your optimism. In all fairness, since Bert took over and they changed their strategy things did look up a bit but the lack of incisive decisions and overall poor management is letting SE down.

I'm actually not even relying on reports like the one smclion102 posted but by what is going in terms of marketing, advertising and most of all the failure to push the boundaries and really compete or even lead cause they have the capabilities.

When is SE going to release another Satio (without the pathetic os and bugs) or an X1 and push it to the market on time? Those two devices were way ahead of competition in every sense except delivery time to the market.

I still love the Arc but I am afraid to buy it only for SE to fold as a company. Right now I feel SE are skating on the thinnest ice you can find.

This is the time to release the 'Duo' with at least 12mp or even a 16mp camera. Dual 1.4Ghz, though I'd prefer a higher clock speed to be ahead of the pack, would suffice for such a monster.

The new UI is brilliant IMO and that's where SE excels even better. I played with the Arc for a good 45 minutes and it simply is stunning for a single core phone, SE have managed to squeeze every ounce of power from the processor and that makes me feel they will be able to crush the competition with a well optimized dual core phone.

Their Q3 portfolio is indeed quite good but they desperately need a showstopper.

Next year we may well see quad core phones and SE doesn't want to be stuck with dual core phones then.

I know I sound like I'm whining but I'm really frustrated by what SE is doing in relation to the competition.

I would love to still be using an SE phone in the next 5 or more years. Looking at other manufacturers as is the case right now feels like I'm settling. That right there says a lot about my love for SE.
[ This Message was edited by: Dups! on 2011-07-26 15:55 ]
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2011-07-26 18:50
well just have to focus the leak news.... I do hope they do have something left in the pocket to announce in coming weeks....if they miss out the August - September announcement window. I wonder they do have anything left to offer during the Christmas sales period.

If Apple really getting something out by September then it will make SE even vulnerable in the market as they will not have anything new and hot to get the buzz.

It really making me wonder do they need to cut their R&D so badly now. Engineering a lot of time come out with something based on Marketing/ Sales/ Product planner....if those team are weak. You can't do much....however in most company. We see when they trim...engineering seem to be having impact first as engineer always use more equipment...the latest computer for design etc.

ok ok I think this is off topic.

now I also wonder why no new Accessories.... SE seem to have no new Bluetooth accessories for 2011!!!! this is shocking. It look like they abandon bluetooth since the price of those stuff is so low now? Or they mistakenly removed everyone who know how to make bluetooth accessories when they trim their R&D team?
[ This Message was edited by: c96sthl on 2011-07-26 17:53 ]
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2011-07-26 18:57
@Dups!

Totally Agree with every word of yours..

Need to step-up they should look @ Motorola they are doing pretty good with their crappy UI n ugly design.. y cant learn from them,they now also have a tablet they are willing to take risk .they got some balls n they are looking pretty good.

is a multimedia company they got the best Style,Best looking n smooth n user friendly UI,best camera,audio n stuff.

They where best when they had P,X series, Walkman series, Cybershot series Y cant they look at past n learn something or look @ there competitor and learn.

X1,X2,Satio,X10 had best hardware but crappy OS and they took minimum 6 months to launch them n people forgot their existence . Now history repeats with Pro still stuck in coffin n Neo available only in few markets . WTF??

2011 Xperia Lineup was suppose to be a super Hit series like Galaxy series but it wasn't cause of Delays n bad marketing.

GOD Save
Use ur UI n latest OS n Latest hardware n launch ur products in 2 month don't take forever n u will be a winner.

S4k1s
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2011-07-27 01:23

On 2011-07-26 18:57:03, smclion102 wrote:
@Dups!

Totally Agree with every word of yours..
is a multimedia company they got the best Style,Best looking n smooth n user friendly UI,best camera,audio n stuff.
Use ur UI n latest OS n Latest hardware n launch ur products in 2 month don't take forever n u will be a winner.

As long as people are only looking at the "GHz" none of that matters. The new phones has in fact the latest hardware, it's just not dualcore. As I see it the problem for isn't the dualcore dilema, it's the announcement->market time. Also a problem for is people that try phones like the Arc and really like them but still don't buy them.
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2011-07-27 07:27
You guys persist on complaining for SE not having dual core on a phone when only android Honeycomb was optimized for multicore processing/rendering, The galaxy S II and Optimus 2X's dual core processings are just for showoff in order to be not branded as me too, but unfortunately most of their devices looks like the Iphone as much as i hate to admit it. Just asking are you guys are willing to waste precious battery life for a function you won't currently find use? if i were to be asked, i'd rather have better graphics (sadly we can only find faster GPUs at multicore SoC which again won't provide substantial increase in application performance due to software limitation. imho adreno 205 does it's job perfectly while giving decent power consumption. while i agree that SE needs to revive their leadership in camera performance, I have doubts over the 16mp exmor sensor. unless SE starts abandoning Sony for their their sensors (we all know their inconsistent track record in sensor performance) and head over outsourcing sensors from sharp/omnivision or even samsung (honestly they are consistent in camera performance)
[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2011-07-27 06:32 ]
10 years at Esato
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2011-07-27 12:33
even if SE would announce a dual-core today, it would take one year before it's available I already here you whine
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2011-07-27 14:06
That's terrible article is from US and ever have an existing in US before promote of Xperia Play CDMA?

Disgusting marketing technique!

And why always have whining about dual core?

It's another stupid marketing thing again.

Everyone can get good hardware but best optimized of software that's not everyone can get especially from Korea.

Why do you want it, when don't even close full utilization of power. that doesn't make sense.
[ This Message was edited by: HxH on 2011-07-27 13:07 ]
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-07-27 14:30

Are those of you who think SE doesn't need a dual core phone in a business environment? The fact is SE is not selling anymore. Why do you think that is?

Their products, especially the 2011 portfolio thus far, are really decent phones but as soon as potential customers are told by sales people that the GSII has better processing power they lose interest in an SE phone that is priced similar to the more powerful GSII or dare I say, the pathetic LG.

SE releasing a dual core phone is actually more of a PR exercise while on the other hand it is to convince people that it can match the competition. SE has become too much of a follower and trust me a lot of people have noticed and aren't willing to part with their cash for a company that is behind.

The fact that Android is about to support dual core phones is also another reason for SE to get on the bandwagon NOW instead of waiting for next year- that's if they are waiting for that.

It pains me to admit and accept that the SE that I love is dying. They really need to wake up cause it is late but not quite too late.

It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-07-27 16:14
It seems to be the marketing department which holds the strings and if it was at all possible I'd give them all a good hard slap around the chops.

SE is far too conservative and has been for ages now, there hasn't been a phone which has exploded onto the scene for ages, the current line up is far too soft.

back2you
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-07-27 18:07
New rumor about NEW SMARTPHONE

display: 4.7inch HD " 1280X720 " Support 3D Without glasses

http://sebbs.it168.com/thread-2754496-1-1.html
[ This Message was edited by: back2you on 2011-07-27 17:10 ]
mariozlp
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-07-27 18:27
...released in 2030.
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2011-07-27 18:54
A 3D display? Please let it not be true...
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-07-27 19:06
No, thanks - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sc[....]rms-sight-gives-headaches.html . Go eat my 3D sh*t with that phone with 3D display...
[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2011-07-27 18:10 ]
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
jack00
T650 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-07-27 19:28

On 2011-07-27 18:54:30, NightBlade wrote:
A 3D display? Please let it not be true...

i think 3d displays are a good catcher, consumers can experience it right from the start
but currently UI designers just don't give it a good use
and those 3d phones also need some content to give it an additional kick

so don't give up on 3D just because hollywood is driving it dead
i see a lot of potential for it in consumer devices
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 238239240 ... 362363364  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic