Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Xperia Z1

Previous  123 ... 236237238 ... 369370371  Next
Author Sony Xperia Z1
miromiromi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-10-19 06:17
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

They said they did replace their Z1 unit with a new one, they mentioned it in the 6 way shootout.

If that's the case then there's no excuse for Sony now. I'm just wondering how professional photography sites are rating/ranking the XZ1 better.
ZappyDen
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-10-19 07:08

On 2013-10-19 06:17:08, miromiromi wrote:

They said they did replace their Z1 unit with a new one, they mentioned it in the 6 way shootout.

If that's the case then there's no excuse for Sony now. I'm just wondering how professional photography sites are rating/ranking the XZ1 better.

Even Phonearena, compared xperia z1 with almost LG G2 , GN3 and etc etc
Xperia Z1 camera is better than those as mentioned by PA
I dont know what happening with GSMA, even with a contrast ratio above 1500 still they say something is lacking and bla bla..
PA who always criticised SONY, now they are praising Z1's camera
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-10-19 08:40
does Z1 has screen calibration option like the Z? I remember some dev claimed that he had ported the Z1 software to the Z, and it had a voice recording function for phone conversation. Seems to be gone too....
[ This Message was edited by: Gitaroo on 2013-10-19 07:42 ]
milukugiuniu
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-10-19 08:51
C6903 update has started to roll out.
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2013-10-19 10:02

On 2013-10-19 08:51:57, milukugiuniu wrote:
C6903 update has started to roll out.

nothing on my end yet :/
sponse
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-10-19 10:07
Nothing in Italy yet..
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-10-19 10:11
^ Nothing here in the UK either although I do have a network lock handset so it will probably take longer due to network testing.
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
reeflotz
Hazel
PM
Posted: 2013-10-19 10:28

On 2013-10-19 06:17:08, miromiromi wrote:

I'm just wondering how professional photography sites are rating/ranking the XZ1 better.

I believe that's because of Z1's great high ISO performance. To be able to take photos of decent quality while on high ISO is something that's quite rare for a compact camera to be able to do. The only exceptions are the RX100 and RX100 II and most probably the QX100 lenses, which is why those were called as the "best pocket cameras ever made".

The problem is people simply look at a lowlight photo, if they see noise they say it's terrible, if it's clean they say it's good, but the thing is when measuring camera capability we should take into consideration the ISO used and it's shutter speed, as well as other settings used.

Much like GsmArena's tests, they simply used superior auto and did not mention any ISO or shutter speeds, It's the same as judging a DSLR that's set to full auto mode which is quite inconclusive. They could've set all phones in their respective night mode and shoot lowlight, or maybe at least use appropriate scene settings for testing the camera. Full auto usually gives mixed results even on a DSLR.
Hazel J20i [Bricked], Sony Xperia Go
reeflotz.blogspot.com
reeflotz@deviantart
admad
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2013-10-19 10:39

On 2013-10-19 05:25:21, reeflotz wrote:

On 2013-10-18 19:20:36, ZappyDen wrote:

Its funny
DXOMARK clearly crowned Xperia Z1 for the best Video Cameraphone smartphone
and in GSMARENA in 1st test , GN3 wins ???
even when dpreview did some comparisons against LG G2
xperia Z1 was much ahead in that comparison
and Dpreview also said LG G2 is not on the same level of Xperia z1 in camera

It's actually kind of funny that in the first shootout they posted with the 1020, N3, G2, 5s, HTC one in it, Z1 only delivered great results on the daylight, and pretty much performed average in lowlight and video according to their review. When suddenly a new review from them appears, now stating that the Z1 wins in daylight, and also wins in lowlight video recording beating the competition by a huge margin on that lowlight video. Then the rest of the test Z1 fared quite well.

Dude are You drunk? In the new review Z1 wins in daylight photos and low light video because main competitors that were better (that is Lumia 1020 and HTC One[low light video]) are not there, this is only Note 3 vs G2 vs Z1. Get it?...

As for SuperiorAuto. This is normal they do that, because that's the way most of the users will use that phone. On top of that, Z1 offers close to none manual settings that really matter (shutter speed etc.), so changing ISO only is way not enough. Besides all phones were set on auto, if they didn't have the problem to capture good photo, why should Sony Z1 have one?
[ This Message was edited by: admad on 2013-10-19 09:40 ]
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-10-19 13:47

On 2013-10-19 10:39:00, admad wrote:

On 2013-10-19 05:25:21, reeflotz wrote:

On 2013-10-18 19:20:36, ZappyDen wrote:

Its funny
DXOMARK clearly crowned Xperia Z1 for the best Video Cameraphone smartphone
and in GSMARENA in 1st test , GN3 wins ???
even when dpreview did some comparisons against LG G2
xperia Z1 was much ahead in that comparison
and Dpreview also said LG G2 is not on the same level of Xperia z1 in camera

It's actually kind of funny that in the first shootout they posted with the 1020, N3, G2, 5s, HTC one in it, Z1 only delivered great results on the daylight, and pretty much performed average in lowlight and video according to their review. When suddenly a new review from them appears, now stating that the Z1 wins in daylight, and also wins in lowlight video recording beating the competition by a huge margin on that lowlight video. Then the rest of the test Z1 fared quite well.

Dude are You drunk? In the new review Z1 wins in daylight photos and low light video because main competitors that were better (that is Lumia 1020 and HTC One[low light video]) are not there, this is only Note 3 vs G2 vs Z1. Get it?...

As for SuperiorAuto. This is normal they do that, because that's the way most of the users will use that phone. On top of that, Z1 offers close to none manual settings that really matter (shutter speed etc.), so changing ISO only is way not enough. Besides all phones were set on auto, if they didn't have the problem to capture good photo, why should Sony Z1 have one?
[ This Message was edited by: admad on 2013-10-19 09:40 ]

Hmm no. Settings in the camera are TO USE THEM.
Using some predefined settings is not overcomplicated.

Tests are to test quality, not for beeing idiot proof.
So if the website uses one standard setting for all
it doesn't give any idea what the real camera performance is.

And more, if it would be just an idiot users test why the f.... do you need those comparative charts??

You contradict yourself.
[ This Message was edited by: doministry on 2013-10-19 12:49 ]
a w a r e
se-fan
Vivaz Silver
PM
Posted: 2013-10-19 14:01
Got my update today!

It feels alot faster and the camera is now superfast!
if you cant choose what phone you should buy, buy an Sonyericsson
Hatseflats
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-10-19 14:33

On 2013-10-15 17:00:36, moogoo wrote:

For those americans wanting a magnetic dock.. looks like we can finally get one!

http://www.amazon.com/Magneti[....]sr=8-1&keywords=xperia+z1+dk31

I just received my "Ebay dock" for my Z1. http://www.ebay.com.hk/itm/ws[....]dll?ViewItem&item=271284868493

It is exactly as the picture The cable is ultra short. The dock itself feels like the price i paid for it... cheap BUT does the trick. With the phone in the dock, it does not move easily due to the rubber feet under the dock. Going to see how fast it will charge the phone.

Shotokan81
Apple iPhone 3GS
PM
Posted: 2013-10-19 14:42
Hi all and Sponse,

So i am back from Akihabara where I could play with several SO-01F (Docomo Xperia Z1) and F-01F (the latest Arrows NX from Fujitsu), at two different shops.

First, all the Z1 have the issue reprted by sponse, so man, i hope you can relax and enjoy your phone! Furthermore, the Arrows NX all had the same issue, even though the thickness of the bright line seemed thinner. And finally, i had a look at my iphone, and guess what, same thing! It appears at extreme angles I am never looking at my phone, so it is the first time I notice this in 4 years!

(my humble) Conclusion: your phone seems completely normal to me, and you did a good thing by exchanging the one with the dust in the lens.

I am trying to decide between the Z1 and Arrows NX. Below is my comparison for the few others in Japan, but everybody is welcome to give me your advice.

Screen:
Fujitsu > Sony. The Whitemagic screen is gorgeous, better brightness, better viewing angles.

Browsing:
Sony > Fujitsu. My test is to browse PC sites in LTE with Firefox. And Z1 is perfectly smooth, Arrows is very good but just a little bit less smooth, enough to be noticed. Not sure why as both have the same s800 and 2gb ram.

Camera:
How stupid as it sounds, just trying good light shots, but Fujitsu > Sony. This is crazy because Fujitsu uses a Sony sensor, but the colors are more realistic, on Sony it is more saturated.

Built Quality & design:
Sony > Fujitsu. Easy, Fujitsu used cheap looking plastic on this one. Z1 is better but not perfect as fingerprints are too visible.

Handling in one hand:
Fujitsu > Sony. The phone is a bit smaller and the back is curved. Also there is a software button in standard to bring the top of the screen close to your thumb.

UI:
Sony > Fujitsu. You can see Sony UI is built for global markets. Fujitsu is less intuitive. There should also be more custom roms for Sony.

Battery life:
Fujitsu > Sony. Not really a test, but with whitemagic and 3200mah, they boast 3 days of use with one charge.

Sound quality:
Sony > Fujitsu. This is also counterintuitive as Fujitsu has stereo dolby speakers. However, the sound was clearer and louder wih the Sony.

Water and dust proof:
Sony > Fujitsu. Both have the same resistance to water, but Sony has dust proof that Fujitsu dropped from the new model.

Fingerprint sensor:
Fujitsu > Sony. That is really a good feature Fujitsu has had for years. It avoids you pushing a button and then sliding the screen, and also can replace a passcode if you want some security. I like it, it is on the back and all can be done with one hand.

Other:
Not sure what to add. The rest is really the same I think, in particular the memory in 32gb.
For your curiosity, a hands on video of each phone, I know some of you will appreciate!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGIGAO2l0uA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrXykEHLnfw

Edit: Of course the video is not from me, no PM please, LOL!
[ This Message was edited by: Shotokan81 on 2013-10-19 13:47 ]
本当に良い刀は鞘に入っている
admad
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2013-10-19 15:41

Hmm no. Settings in the camera are TO USE THEM.
Using some predefined settings is not overcomplicated.

Tests are to test quality, not for beeing idiot proof.
So if the website uses one standard setting for all
it doesn't give any idea what the real camera performance is.

And more, if it would be just an idiot users test why the f.... do you need those comparative charts??

You contradict yourself.
[ This Message was edited by: doministry on 2013-10-19 12:49 ]

O really? The point of good camera in a phone is that it makes good point and shoot photos. You can't really set up much without shutter speed control now can You? It's still auto even if You go manual, because it automatically adjusts shutter speed, the thing that has major influence on how the photo will turn out. You have a slight control with ISO, but it's still lottery how long will the exposure time last.

What's more, Sony has SuperiorAuto that should be awesome as hell... Besides, it's much easier for reviewers to do such comparisons. All phones have auto which makes a fair test. Imagine You have Lumia 1020, iPhone 5s and Xperia Z1. With Nokia You can even adjust shutter speed, on iPhone there's no manual mode (lol), and Xperia Z1 gives you only slight control of the camera. Now tell me how would You compare image quality of these phones using manual settings? I'm listening.

Comparative charts are to compare image quality of each phone, it's pretty obvious nope? Even idiot can tell the difference between crap and good pic quality.
reeflotz
Hazel
PM
Posted: 2013-10-19 16:16
@ admad

first of all, I'm not drunk, you better chill out dude, It's not the final verdict or ranking I'm looking at, it's the way the phones was criticized on why they were ranked as such. Because, I didn't just read the verdict, I also read the main reasons why they gave that verdict. I'm confused as to why they need to do another review of only the three phones (N3,G2,Z1), when they already did a review of those three including three more phones previously. If they are comparing them as overall devices, then in my opinion the N3 shouldn't be there as it's a phablet, slightly aimed for a different purpose.

Second, I was referring to the night mode, they could've used night mode too on all three, apart from using only auto, it would've gave more accuracy whether the camera is good or not. Besides I was hoping something more in depth since they separated only those three but what they did was just exactly the same, it's like reposting an old review with some edits here and there. While I agree that it's still a fair test since all are on auto, I also argue then what's the point of having dedicated scene modes if you're not going you use them? Manufacturers put those so that you can get the best out of your camera, get it?
[ This Message was edited by: reeflotz on 2013-10-19 15:44 ]
Hazel J20i [Bricked], Sony Xperia Go
reeflotz.blogspot.com
reeflotz@deviantart
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 236237238 ... 369370371  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic