Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Ericsson X10 Official Thread

Previous  123 ... 232233234 ... 655656657  Next
Author Sony Ericsson X10 Official Thread
winnerzero
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2010-03-31 07:51
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Overall, this phone really suits me and I think it looks stunning. Don't care too much about the lack of dual/multi touch and already ordered mine from Hong Kong. Expecting it in the next two days...Was going to order from the UK but there was another delay for some reason. Can't wait. I'm not a fanboy but a huge clear screen, great camera, timescape/mediascape overlay looks great, all the essentials are there. What more can you expect?... It was a shame that it did take so long to be released but hopefully that just means the phone has been optimized. Android 2.1 would be a welcome upgrade but not essential. Can't wait to wave it in front of all those iphone users...haha.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-03-31 07:56
i wish i could say the same winnerzero as my feelings toward the phone are same as yours... but i'm on AT&T in the US and need the x10a.... let's hope it becomes available soon!

wow.. just checked ebay and prices are hovering around $650 shipped now. A few days ago they were at $715!
[ This Message was edited by: moogoo on 2010-03-31 07:11 ]
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
roanmy
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2010-03-31 08:30

On 2010-03-31 04:17:19, Saka wrote:
I am not convinced that 64k colors is only because of Android 1.6 limitation. I mean X10 minis also have Android 1.6 and allegedly 16M colors out of the box. If they managed to fix it in minis why not in X10?

[ This Message was edited by: Saka on 2010-03-31 03:53 ]

Wasn't X10 also originally announced with 16M colors, then corrected to 65K because of 1.6?
Currently NExus 4, but want Xperia ZR.
ljf881
W960
PM
Posted: 2010-03-31 09:10

On 2010-03-31 00:29:40, sealover94 wrote:
Blablabla....

BUT IT DOES NOTHING OF THE ABOVE !
lolololololololololololololo al...ready a failure !!

Oh i forgot.... DELAY READY !

This is why this forum has degraded recently. The moderator(s?) aren't moderating, so people get unfriendly and the tone in the forum is not that nice anymore. People get tired of that. Just shut sealover94 down, clearly he's just trolling.
DrewVL
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-03-31 09:36
"Ofcourse OLED is gonna be brighter, higher contrast.. but do you see a big difference? i sure don't.. at least not from those photos"--- ok you just answer your own question

most likely you will notice in vdo and high res pictures it will show artifacts colors gradients banding, i just want to clarify that it does show a difference in term of display
i tried to load a sample pictures but it freeze up haha dont know why but ofcoz you can google it for your viewing, anyhow, if you like what X10 has to offer then thats good im not saying it's a bad phone just lack of some quite important features and it might not be important to you but im sure it's important to some for a high end flagship phone.

and here is the link

http://androidandme.com/2010/[....]ve-android-2-1-for-u-s-launch/

well im not sure its reliable but then hopefully it offer an upgrade to 2.1 and also update some issues with the software as well.

moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-03-31 09:57
ah yes. i saw that link but that is just a rumor and not confirmed official announcement.

If you have a link to the picture you're trying to upload somewhere, pm it to me please. i'd be happy to take a look. as for me, i'm not gonna be too picky about 65k colors v. 16mill colors. in everyday use, i don't think i would personally notice any real difference to make me cringe in disappointment.

moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
DrewVL
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-03-31 10:08
hate to repeat myself... anyhow, let's end this discussion it's just not my cup of tea
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2010-03-31 13:13
Well I had been giving SE some credit assuming the multitouch thing was some kind of misunderstanding, but it seems very clear now that it's not, the X10 is physically unable to register more than one touch simultaneously regardless of software. Regardless of the typical "I don't care, I'm buying one" comments here, that really is a failure on the part of SE, and it will come back to haunt them - they clearly didn't anticipate the recent interest in Android multitouch and haven't considered the future of the platform too far.

I guess the situation is similar to that of the older OS - when they first concieved and designed this phone, Android 1.6 was the "new" version to aim for, and everyone knew that Android was single-touch only. Fast forward some months, the world has turned much faster than SE development is able to keep up with, and their flagship phone is now outdated in both hardware and software on release.

Of course they can rectify the OS - I'm sure, eventually, they'll release an update for that, although anyone expecting it to come soon is a fool - but the hardware is set now, and will seal the fate of this phone. As Android apps adopt the multitouch gestures Google is busily making available in Android 2, this phone - and its users - will be left behind. That won't be a good thing for SE's reputation when it comes time to release the next new flagship model.
roelkok
P1
PM
Posted: 2010-03-31 14:24
Although I agree it's a bad decision of SE not to anticipate multi-touch Android and omit it hardwarewise, I don't think it's that essential. Honestly, how many of the more popular iPhone apps rely on multi-touch? (I honestly don't know since I don't own one myself) Anyhow, my guess is with multi-touch enabled in Android 2.1, the majority of apps still won't make use of it.
[ This Message was edited by: roelkok on 2010-03-31 13:25 ]
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2010-03-31 14:50

On 2010-03-31 14:24:08, roelkok wrote:
Honestly, how many of the more popular iPhone apps rely on multi-touch?

Honestly? Quite a few. Most if not all of the games, for starters, plus anything that uses images (including the Facebook app for example) or navigates around any kind of document, all of which rely on pinch to zoom. A lot of the smarter apps do more interesting things with it - it's obviously something developers like to play with.
saltorio
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-03-31 15:12
On 2010-03-31 06:04:59, yawdapaah wrote:
I don't mean to be rude but, lower color depth for better battery life? Evey SE screw up is apparently justifiable it seems.

It's a testament to how sexy the x10 is; I cannot stay away

LOL, ya. I can't see how color depth has any bearing on battery life, as it's all about the number of variances in the brightness of a subpixel. Since the max brightness (100%) and minimum brightness (0%) always remain the same, and it's only the quantity of steps between, then the amount of power used doesn't change.

For me, color depth is something I do notice in day to day use. I remember when computers were only capable of 65K colors, and then the difference it was when I got my first Mac that supported 16M. I'm also a graphic designer, so it's something I deal with daily. I could live with 65K on 1.6 if I knew for certain that an OS upgrade would bring it to 16M, but that's not the case for certain at this point.

I really want to like then X10, especially as it's the best Android handset that Rogers is likely to have anytime soon. But I won't make excuses to justify a poor purchase decision to myself. Sony screwed up on the X10 in a big way.
[ This Message was edited by: saltorio on 2010-03-31 14:18 ]
Nitro Fan
W960
PM
Posted: 2010-03-31 15:12

On 2010-03-31 03:27:48, DrewVL wrote:
Ricky,
I think HTC EVO is the biggest and baddest Android phone so far bar none! Tho X10 camera is great for its flash is weak if you ask me and by only supporting 65k of colors out of box is a joke for an high end phone (well i believe it is due to the fact that Android 1.6 limitation) SE has been announced for almost a year or so? hm.. if my memory serve me correctly, meaning they have plenty of times to fix all the bugs before it release.
MT is a great shame why on the earth SE choose the non supportive hardware? now their only hope is the upcoming WIN7 phone and hopefully they DO learn the lesson(s)!

Im not here to flame SE as i own a Satio myself just felt that SE can do better than this.

Cheers,

oh for the memory card.. it should support the MicroSDHC up to 32 gb not SDHC

I have to say I will not be making any decision until I have seen the HTC EVO, I still think Timescape will be problematic and cause the X10 to run poorly once people try to load it up a bit, and after giving it serious consideration I am not sure I need it or mediascape they are only UI and given that vanilla Android is nice I am not fussed. Apparently audible will now have an Android media player available later this year so I am going to sit tight and wait, but with the EVO on the horizon I feel a bit sorry for the X10 I am not sure where sees its USP now.

I have owned the ... T68i T610, P800, P900, P910, P990, W950, P1, W960 But SE have now totally lost the plot.
koto
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2010-03-31 15:40

On 2010-03-31 13:13:02, Boinng wrote:
Regardless of the typical "I don't care, I'm buying one" comments here, that really is a failure on the part of SE, and it will come back to haunt them ....

Agree with Boinng. I had a mindset like "I don't care, I'm buying one" - my previous phones were P900, P910, P990, P1, G900, X1, but NO MORE.
To my utter suprise I now have N97, something I would lough at a month before, but it is true. And if somebody offers me X10 in exchange I would say no thanks because:

- no qwerty (i.e. multitouch for fast typing)
- no 16 m colours
- no stereo speakers
- no front camera
- no TV out
- no FM transmiter
- no 32 GB memory

X10 is beautifull phone, fast procesor, superb screen size but SE stolen so many things that should be there by default and they constantly do that. And like always a few month after they would say: Hey, please buy X11 and you will have TV out or something else". So stupid.
gotanyglazby
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-03-31 15:43
no multi touch?...
already behind the pack before release..

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/[....]on_x10_no_multitouch_hardware/
saltorio
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-03-31 16:30
What I find most amazing about this whole multi-touch debacle is that even the HTC G1 - the first Android phone released 2 years ago - had multi-touch. I can't even fathom how those making decisions at Sony came to the conclusion that the X10 didn't need hardware capability that's offered on nearly every other Android phone. How many Android phones lack hardware multi-/dual-touch support?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 232233234 ... 655656657  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic