Esato

Forum > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > South African mobile discussion

Author South African mobile discussion
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-06-18 14:52
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Not surprised by France's defeat Hobbs. I actually predicted before the start of the tournament that they will be knocked out in the first round and I still see that happening.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
gola
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2010-06-20 15:09
lol bafana need to win by 5 goals to make it to the next round, but so do France. I smell contemplations for bribes...
It's funny how much less cars with SA Flags i've seen...
Tsepz
Ya,i think jay sean is with them. Lol, usher, haven't heard his album. That O.M.G track is cool though
Nice one, enjoy the game, i'm so jealous haha...

"Getting wisdom is the wisest thing you can do!"
Proverbs 4: 7
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-06-21 00:59
Just got back from Soccer City, what a beautiful stadium! I didnt get any decent pics of the outside but i tried lol.
Still cant over the fact i saw Drogba, Alves and Kaka im the flesh
The vibe was just incredible, those vuvuzelas are insanely loud when being blown by well over 50000 people,at some point during the match each side of the stadium blew them at once gettin louder and louder each time, it was just crazy! Also had a sweet mexican-wave going lol it died on its 3rd round when it got to our side.
Overall we had a freakin sweet time, never going to forget it, if you can still get tickets for the bigger games eg. Brazil, England, Spain, Argentina etc...then i say go for it, some of the Suites are almost empty, ours was half full and thats with an attendance of over 80000, its worth going even just for the vibe.
Im happy for Brazil but a part of me wishs Ivory coast had won,either way,great game.
Il post a few pics tomorrow for sure lol.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2010-06-21 09:09
Tsepz
Glad you enjoyed the game.A 4 goal feast.Must have been fantastic.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2010-06-21 10:57
I'm now using SE's Timescape homescreen.I like the way it changes the app menu and makes everything smaller and more compact.The X10 only been released with DONUT 1.6 because of the length of time it took SE to get their overlaying UI polished up in my opinion was well worth it.The 2.1 upgrade is coming somewhere in Q3.Not that long to wait.We might even be suprised and they have 2.2 in the works and are just not telling us in case it aint finished in time and they get all egg-faced.(wishful thinking but Im hoping)
Good to be back with Mr Sony and Mrs Ericsson again.lol

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-06-21 18:26
Some pics i took last night:
Inside

Stadium was still filling up:

Teams warming up. Ivory Coast on left and Brazil on right

Its an African world cup, had to represent with Amarula lol:

Just before half-time was over

Hobbsta
Loving them screenshots it looks amazing, cant wait to have that beast in my hands just over another week to go.
You seem to be reallying enjoying it.
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2010-06-21 18:38
Great shots there Tsepz.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-06-21 18:55
@Hobbs

It is MrEricsson and Mrs Sony

I have a feeling they will upgrade this phone to Froyo but I doubt it will go beyond that to Gingerbread.

@Tsepz_GP
Nice shots there. At least you had fun with that Mqombothi on your lap

Guys, have any of you been reading Eldar's recent articles? I found myself reading some of his 'Spillikins' articles and I swear the man is deranged. All of a sudden he proclaims that SE is back when he has been saying SE is going to 'die' like Siemens. What a nut case!

He then went on and bashed Nokia. These days SE are not his target but Nokia are, he constantly bashes them like he used to with SE. He even wrote them two letters that were ignore and decided to write the thirs one for which he awaits a response. He dislikes the N8 and feels it will be no different at launch in terms of improvements to the OS.

Well, his new darling is Samsung, to an extent also HTC. With him you never know how long the honeymoon with the two manufacturers will last.

It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-06-21 20:55
Thanx Hobbs.
Dups
Lol yep,the Mqombothi on the rocks was too good lmao.
Eish, Eldar, havent read much of his stuff since the whole N8 drama,and even before then i didnt read much anymore, i stick to GSMArena if i wana read reviews or download Phonedog.com's reviews. Eldar gets WAY TOO deep and personal, realy put me off, i hardly read these guys blogs whether Eldar, Rafe or Mr.Litchfield, they all seem to be so cought up in their love of what ever OS/Phone they use and just dont want to hear anything that says otherwise about them. I remember Steve had done a blog of why Symbian is still the best or why its the best for him with like 10 main reasons,and it came across to me as a desperate way to convince himself to stay with Symbian, even as a happy 5800 user i was like thinking 'at some point VERY soon if not already Android will have all that,then what?' they just dont want to accept theres something better out due to their own personal issues with the manufacturer.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2010-06-21 20:24 ]
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2010-06-22 07:52
Now things get exciting.Last first game matches played simultaneously.Who will
progress and who will fall?
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-06-22 09:39
@GUCCI

I spot on there! Steve and Rafe put me off a long time ago. As for Eldar, I'm honestly amusing myself with his rants. He keeps on proving how absurd he is every time. Indeed Gsmarena is the reliable source at the moment.

@Hobbs

I see Mexico and Paraguay from our group advancing.
I also see the following going through, Brazil (they have already), Argentina (also qualified already), Chile, Portugal, Ghana.

The rest I'm not so sure of. I have a feeling Spain and Italy are not going to make it to the next round.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-06-23 00:45
Atleast we went down fighting, even beating the big boys France who have had an absolutely PATHETIC WorldCup performance, im really disappoited in them, but proud of Bafana.
Been killing my data bundle watching vid reviews of the X10 flip its gorgeous, makes the Desire and NexusOne look like crap lol, and that UI the wait is killing me!
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2010-06-23 09:00
I'm really pleased with the way our WC ended.I was'nt left felling sad.2-0 up after 30minutes and and the Uruguay scored.I was climbing the walls.Was really exciting....then France put one back.Well done for the future Bafana.
Tsepz
Not long to go now bro lol If I had never took the early upgrade I would have had 18 days still to wait and I think I would also have been going crazy.
In the next 8 days sometime Motorola will be releasing Android 2.1 to some of their handsets so hopefully that will give SE a bit of a push to get their update out.

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Rob123
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-06-23 09:28
X10 rooted at last

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=708273

Now we just wait for the instructions and the new ROMs......
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-06-23 10:07
As I thought, we were out of it the day we meekly crumbled against Uruguay. Yesterday's was the sort of performance I was looking for against Uruguay.

Granted, France were in shambles but Bafana had the spunk and the verve, there were as skillful and inventive as ever. Had they played like that against Uruguay I am sure the worst result in that match would've been a draw.

10 out 10 for the overall performance.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic