Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > First photo of the new SE phone (a.k.a. "T650")

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 171819  Next
Author First photo of the new SE phone (a.k.a. "T650")
crystal
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-02-10 00:08
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
does anyone know when the white T630 is available on T-mobile?
Oco
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-02-10 00:28
wow, T650 according news in MobileReview will have BT 1.2.... 100m... nice bluejackin eh
dimitrivd
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-02-10 01:18
The design is OK of this 'T650?'.
A bit technical like the P900, and much the same as the T630.
A mix of both. And i hope the specs will be allso a mix of both (P900 and T630) (with the price more T630 then P900)

If they wonna ketch up with the concurents (V500 V600 6230) He has to have: Memmorystick, Videorecorder, Fast menus, Betther camera, loud mp3 ringtones, and the same options as on the T630.
Some extra options would make it much better ofcourse. Massive games, touchscreen, quad-band, i-mode, mail attachments vieuwer (word, excel, txt, jpg, gif, ...) Java Socket support.
But i am dreaming now.

I like the desing, but isnt it to much the same as the T630?
Owner of a T68 since December '01. - SURF FIREFOX
vinnieza
K850 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-02-10 08:36
touch screen, do you mean on the c (or s (the rotating one))? i think a touch screen on the T650 ment to be would be a bit too small.
* No questions asked *
tiidusk
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-02-10 10:07
What is BT 1.2 ??? Never heard about it. But 100m sounds good
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-02-10 10:15
taken from this InfoSync article

Bluetooth 1.2 on doorstep
By: Jørgen Sundgot, Wednesday 18th June 2003, 09:49 GMT

The Bluetooth Special Interests Group has now unveiled version 1.2 of the specification for the now-proliferating, short-range wireless technology.

From the Bluetooth World Congress, being held this week in Amsterdam, the Bluetooth Special Interests Group (SIG) today announced that version 1.2 of the Bluetooth Specification is in its final testing phases. The new version of the increasingly popular standard is backwards compatible with the existing v1.1 specification and includes many new features which the SIG claims will improve reliability and performance.

New features in version 1.2 of the specification address security, co-existence with 802.11 systems, enhanced voice processing, user setup and improved quality of service. Designed with a view toward a more positive user experience, the new version is backwards compatible with the over 1,000 products in which the current specification is included, but also aims to enable development of a growing number of mainstream products such as mobile phones, headsets, PDAs, MP3 players, cameras and laptops in a consumer's Personal Area Network.

One important feature of the new specification is Adaptive Frequency Hopping (AFH), explicitly designed to reduce interference between wireless technologies sharing the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Cordless telephones, microwave ovens and certain Wireless Local Area Networking (WLAN) technologies including IEEE 802.11b generally share the same wireless frequencies as Bluetooth wireless technology, and AFH works within the spectrum to take advantage of the available frequencies without limiting the Bluetooth transmission to a set of frequencies occupied by other technologies.

Such 'adaptive hopping' aims to allow for more efficient transmission within the spectrum, thereby benefiting end users with greater performance, even if using other technologies along with the Bluetooth wireless technology.

Other features of the new version include enhanced Voice Processing, which aims to improve the quality of voice connections, particularly in noisy environments, using error detection methodologies and enhanced Quality of Service (QOS), which will increase the performance of multi-point implementations where one radio can service more than one client at one time with better traffic management scheduling.

Also, an anonymity Mode has been added to bolster the security of Bluetooth wireless connections by masking the physical address of a radio so as to prevent identity attacks and snooping.

The Bluetooth SIG today also announced the availability of Implementation Guides that recommend usage and product features for fast-moving markets including mobile phones and personal computers. Following a period of feedback from Associate members of the Bluetooth SIG, these guides will be publicly available on the trade association's web site.

Implementation guides are key among over a dozen programs currently underway by the SIG to work toward the goal of a five-minute out-of-the-box experience. Based on feedback from Bluetooth members, Bluetooth SIG's implementation guides specify standard profiles and optional features to enhance interoperability for current and future implementation requirements. The guides are backed by early contributions from many mobile phone manufacturers including Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Motorola, and Siemens, as well as companies including Intel, Microsoft, IBM and Toshiba.
pzboyz
T68i
PM
Posted: 2004-02-10 11:02
Quote:

On 2004-02-10 10:07:36, tiidusk wrote:
What is BT 1.2 ??? Never heard about it. But 100m sounds good

The 100m range has been possible with all versions of BT. To be able to BlueJack at this range both device would ned to support 100m range.

If a device includes both WiFi and BT, then BT 1.2 would be useful so that it limited interference to the WiFi connection. This would only be true if all the BT devices were BT 1.2 though!

I do not expect T650 to support 1.2.
mmsman
P800
PM
Posted: 2004-02-10 16:26
umm i can't figure it out.... why didn't esato, mobile burn, mobile review and hundreds of other sites removed the video and rumout about the t650? i mean obviously se doesn't like it (take a look at clubse)
didn't se send tem anything?
and as i see it there are two possibilites why se didn't like this
a: they don't like the false rumours about the 1.3mp camera 100m bt 240*320 260k screen ms duo etc. and they want to stop so the people won't be dissapointed....
b: they wanted it as a secret ad it really does exist....
Flying Finn
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-02-10 16:46
I'd still like it to have EDGE. 3G is far away and my operator has a working EDGE network.
Krubach
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2004-02-10 16:51
3G is just a few months away... [addsig]
fannypad
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-02-10 17:15
We've had 3G here for about a year, and it's a load of shite.

Anyway, looks like Sony Ericsson is shifting their design philosophy firmly in the direction of Sony devices, as started with the P900. There's hardly a trace of Ericsson in those two (or three) phones in the video.

I think that: the T610/630 replacement WILL look like what's shown in the video, will NOT have a megapixel camera (although I'd like to be wrong on this one), and will mark a welcome return to aluminium-bodied designs.

The GSM SO505iS-a-like looks promising, but if it turns out not to be a smartphone but just an extremely high-spec gadget (much like the Sharp GX-30), I think it won't do well or be that attractive a proposition. Its size and weight will most likely echo that of the Japanese equivalent, which means quite bulky, and the cost will be astronomical for a non-smartphone.

However, if it turns out to be something like a Symbian-based smartphone with UMTS support, I'll be first in line to wank over it

All that's left to do is speculate less and wait for more details.
chungagoring
P990 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-02-10 17:35
Quote:

On 2004-02-10 16:26:20, mmsman wrote:
umm i can't figure it out.... why didn't esato, mobile burn, mobile review and hundreds of other sites removed the video and rumout about the t650? i mean obviously se doesn't like it (take a look at clubse)
didn't se send tem anything?

i don't mean to look like a victim, but has special persecution mania over my site. as for mobile-review, i think has given up trying to make eldar stop getting prototypes reviewed and super secrets published. he is a tough man and maybe he also has a good lawyer. as for mobileburn, michael was prudent enought to just comment the photos of the "t650" and not the other one, so the "harm" is less. and in the end, the amount of sony ericsson users that visit my site could be higher than those of the other sites, which are not brand-"dependant".

edit: and of course they "take care" more of a website whose domain name sounds quite official "clubsonyericsson.com".

[ This Message was edited by: chungagoring on 2004-02-10 16:36 ]
laffen
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2004-02-10 17:40
Quote:

On 2004-02-10 16:26:20, mmsman wrote:
umm i can't figure it out.... why didn't esato, mobile burn, mobile review and hundreds of other sites removed the video and rumout about the t650? i mean obviously se doesn't like it (take a look at clubse)...

Esato never hosted the video in the first place. The rumours are still here. This is the rumour thread, isn't it?
davieboi
Z200
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-02-10 18:10
I can't actually blame SE for wanting to keep their phones a secret, I like all of you on here can't wait to see more pictures of the phones. However has any one seen that T610 rip off in the link, it looks EXACTLY like the T610, just a few more curves in there and ithas the trademakr T610 black screen/top half and silver bottom half. I can't remember the make, its not nokia, its sagem I think. Not completly sure, my point being though, if these pictures and specs were to become public whats stopping rip off compaines copying their ideas and releasing a phone before SE. So whilst I agree its annoying not seeing many pictures of these phones I think it might be for the best.
Shanghai.me.uk - T610 themes and forum
mmsman
P800
PM
Posted: 2004-02-10 19:27
Quote:

On 2004-02-10 17:40:59, laffen wrote:
Esato never hosted the video in the first place. The rumours are still here. This is the rumour thread, isn't it?

well yeah they shouldn't say anything to you, i was just wondering if they might told you to remove the links in the threads, like you do for for illegal stuff
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 171819  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic