Esato

Forum > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > South African mobile discussion

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Author South African mobile discussion
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2010-02-03 22:46
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@GUCCI Sound like you are a very happy 5800 camper.Glad to hear.Those OVI Maps sure sound reliable and efficient.Well done Nokia.With the lure of free navigation that is surely going to sell a shitload of phones.I never caught on to Comes With Music.Yes the tracks are free but you still have to pay for data downloading from your SP so for me that cancels out the free.I can get free music any place.NOKIA sure are a force to be reckoned with.I still want a balancing out of market share with level playing fields for the top 3 or 4.I don't like one company dominating the scene.Maybe in years to come but for now I thing the BIG N is going to be on top for a while.
I once had a Nokia 3300 Music phone and boy did that thing have fantastic sound.Nokia's music edition phones are top notch.I cant believe how many cellphones I've owned.Its insane.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2010-02-04 07:40
@GUCCI I was talking about headphones but glad to hear the 5800's external speakers kickass.Good luck attending classes again.
@Kyle Howdy dude.Good luck with the dealerships.
[ This Message was edited by: Hobbs on 2010-02-04 06:41 ]
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2010-02-04 12:51
Go Symbian!! LOL. Taken from GSMArena today:

'Symbian goes fully open source, it's a free download to all

There have been quite a few rumors about the fate of Symbian, but now the OS has entered a new stage of its existence - its code is now open source. This move began in June 2008, when Nokia bought Symbian and created the Symbian Foundation to take over the development of the OS. And the Foundation has big plans for the future.

Symbian OS is still the most popular smartphone operating system with 330 million units shipped only last year. The Foundation claims this is the largest transition to open source ever and believes it will help speed up the evolution of the platform. And evolution it needs - with the likes of the iPhone and Google's Android OS, which is also open source, exploding into popularity.

The Symbian Foundation includes Nokia, LG, Motorola, NTT Docomo, Samsung, Sony Ericsson, operators Vodafone and AT&T and chipmaker Texas Instruments. Nokia has been the primary developer in Symbian, but plans to reduce their input to less than 50% by the second half of 2011.

This will leave room for a lot more contributors - now that the Symbian code is available for anyone. In fact the source code should be up for download from the Symbian Foundation website starting 14:00 GMT today. The platform includes the OS itself but also things developed by individual members of the Foundation, including the user interfaces.

The Foundation also hopes this move will lead to a faster development of third party apps now that developers are not hindered by so much proprietary aspects of Symbian. They also hope that the open source nature will improve the security of the OS.

So, in a way Symbian as we know it is going away - this is the end of the line for Symbian S60, which is the last man standing after Sony Ericsson gave up on UIQ. The source code that the Symbian Foundation is releasing seems to be Symbian^3, especially since Symbian^1 is actually S60 5th edition and Symbian^2 was dropped.

We are yet to see the impact this move will create on other open source initiatives like LiMo and if it will help Symbian recover some of the lost ground against iPhone and Android.'

He who laughs last... thinks slowest.
Nokia 5800, Sony Ericsson P1i, Nokia 7600.
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2010-02-04 18:51
Possibly cheaper E-series-type Nokia on the way...the C5:

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=193777
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-02-04 18:55
Hobbs
True that. Lol i remember that 3300 Music Phone, it was shaped like the Ngage but was S40,realy was a sweet device.
When i get around to it il plug the Sennheisers into the 3GS and compare,and let you know.
Wanqs
Thats excellent news! Looking forward to those Symbian^3 devices,bring on MWC.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2010-02-04 21:34
LOL, Spongebob's been given the Iron Maiden treatment for this S60 theme:

Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-02-05 18:15
Wow, I just got off an SUV of my dreams! No, it's not the X5 M but the 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged and does it say opulence inside. The interior, the ride (comfort) and noise level inside are heavenly to say the least. It probably won't drive like an X5 M or the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S but that it is a fully fledged off roader makes me love it better than my favourite brand BMW. Sadly, I wasn't driving but was a passenger and the owner is my brother's friend who is a lawyer. A black 2010 Rangie sport supercharged and a 2011 BMW M5 in my garage is a perfect blend.

It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-02-05 21:06
Dups!
Ya lucky fish! Its a gorgeous beast lol! This will make you sick to your stomach but there are a couple of students at my uni who drive those new Range Rovers. You should just pop by when you're in Jhb,just take a peak at its parking lot, one 2nd year student drives a Cayenne GTS ,theres a bunch of M3s, another 2nd year in hotel management has a Carrera4s cabrio, and on my 1st day some chick rocked up in a Maserati, unbelievable, think i should introduce myself lol. Did he floor that Range Rover? Those things sound so good! Im jealous
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-02-06 03:05
Damn!!

Students driving those cars?!!

And here I am still driving the first generation X5 that feels old to me now. Gotta go get me the Rangie. I can't believe some students are riding Maseratis, M3s and Porsches. Simply amazing!

LOL, I hope the chick you're going to introduce yourself to looks as hot as the Maserati

No, he didn't floor it he was just cruising but the damn thing is seriously brilliiant! At R1 200 000 it should be!
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-02-06 09:16
Dups
You gota see it to believe it, BMW 1series is the new Citi Golf, lol.
Those 1st gen X5s are beauties though the 4.4 and 4.8 still do it for me. Has it been reliable?
LOL! She was okay, id pick the car over her any day though
Wow! R1.2mill??? Dam,it must be good, i wonder how much the big Range Rover Vogue is then they are gorgeous cars, as minor as the changes are in the 2010 Sport,it makes the previous one look totaly outdated,it looks a lot meaner-if that makes sense
As much as i love them SUVs my dream garage consists of a MINI John Cooper Works, (the fact that its so under rated and unique, yet can destroy a GTI and ST), and a BMW M3,id be happy lol. Am i the only one who sees no use in a supercar? Unless its a Porsche? Lol
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-02-06 10:05
Gola, you heard the track Aloha by Fat Joe featuring Pleasure P? Pretty cool beat, type of track you'd just pump in the car,loads of bass.
[ This Message was edited by: GUCCI.011 on 2010-02-06 14:21 ]
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-02-06 17:13

On 2010-02-06 09:16:35, GUCCI.011 wrote:
Dups!
...LOL! She was okay, id pick the car over her any day though ...

She'd be very offended if she were to hear/read that. It really is a far cry from our days at varsity looking at the new students with supercars. Wow, the world has moved on.

I drive the 3.0 litre version, wish I opted for the 4.8is but finances didn't allow me then. It has been reliable thus far I have to say. The only incident I ever had with it was an encounter with a pothole that damage the rim and that's it.

Yeah, the new Range does make the old ones outdated, I
really dig the Sport Supercharged. I'm with you on the supercars, I don't see the need for them either. I'd always replace them with an M5 or if I were to change an RS 6 from Audi.
gola
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2010-02-06 18:14
Whoa, freaken lucky students, but right now, I'd be happy with just a white Scirocco please

GUCCI
Ye, totally cool track, I like the video too
"Getting wisdom is the wisest thing you can do!"
Proverbs 4: 7
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2010-02-07 00:07
:se P1i pics taken today:

Sigh, the Italians know a thing or two about automotive styling, in this case the tailpiece of a Ducati 1198:

amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2010-02-07 00:11
More P1i pics taken today:

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic