Esato

Forum > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > South African mobile discussion

Author South African mobile discussion
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-01-15 19:13
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Gola
il act like i didnt just read that lol,dont blame him for giving a way the R8 though, must've sucked to be seen in a overpriced Audi TT by his millionaire friends
Wanqs
LOL! ya,gota love Jhb weather at this time of the year,it can realy f-up plans to.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2010-01-16 01:25
Nokia's X3 is now on sale here:

http://www.expansys.com/d.aspx?i=187428
He who laughs last... thinks slowest.
Nokia 5800, Sony Ericsson P1i, Nokia 7600.
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2010-01-16 06:56
@Brix Sometimes having a 16GB card in my phone comes in handy when Ive forgotten my usb flash and I want to transfer GB's of music or a couple of movies from a friend computer.
[ This Message was edited by: Hobbs on 2010-01-16 05:56 ]
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2010-01-17 07:02
Hoping rain doesnt mess with the cricket today.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2010-01-17 08:58
60% chance of thunderstorms.FCUK!
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2010-01-17 09:58
Yeah Hobbster, hopefully they can be bowled out before it arrives.
gola
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2010-01-17 10:17
I can't log on esato other than on my phone

On 2010-01-15 19:13:13, GUCCI.011 wrote:
Gola
il act like i didnt just read that lol,dont blame him for giving a way the R8 though, must've sucked to be seen in a overpriced Audi TT by his millionaire friends

lol, nah, he actually bought it brand new just to give it to them...
"Getting wisdom is the wisest thing you can do!"
Proverbs 4: 7
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2010-01-17 10:36
England are going down fast.VICTORY is near and a 1-1 drawn Test series is a great result.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2010-01-17 11:40
All done with a ball to spare before lunch.

Now let's see how long the Poms drag out the Darryl Harper umpiring issues, LOL.
gola
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2010-01-17 15:31
JC/GUCCI
Does your Tube make a beeping sound and vibrate after you have dialed a *xxx# number such as to check your airtime. If it does, how do you stop it?
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-01-17 18:50
Gola
Nah bro, doesnt beep or vibrate. Have you tried going into Profiles,maybe theres a way to turn it off.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
gola
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2010-01-18 15:53
Ya, i tried that, there's no such option...
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2010-01-18 21:59
Taken from The Register today:

'Nokia reckons its Symbian^4 UI will leapfrog the rest
2010 roadmap unfolded

Last week, the Symbian Foundation looked to steal some of Android's bright limelight by outlining its 2010 roadmap.

The first fully open source release of the platform is due around midyear, with two updates to the OS also planned this year - Symbian^3 within weeks, and Symbian^4 by the end of 2010. Now Symbian's largest supporter, Nokia, has shown off its proposed user interface for Symbian^4, which it has long promised will revolutionize its user experience and catch up with UI frontrunners like Apple and HTC.

Nokia has submitted its UI proposal to the Symbian Foundation, and will now undergo open evaluation under that body's process, according to a blog post on the Symbian Developer web site, as reported by Techworld.

Many improvements are geared to a simpler and slicker experience - for example, minimizing user prompts and autosaving features to cut down on save commands. Importantly, the proposed UI would enable the same look and feel for all applications as well as a new interface layout, with four main views (contacts, music, photos and applications). This would be in line with other multiview UIs such as LG's cube-shaped S-Class or Vodafone's 360.

Nokia has been talking about context based services, an area where it claims a major headstart on Apple and others, for some time. Its new proposal allows for context-based menus, accessed using a long press, to provide faster access to common commands. As with all the Finn's software activities, the emphasis will also be heavily on user controlled personalization.

CEO Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo told the company's Capital Markets Day last month that the Symbian user experience had fallen behind the pack, but promised it would be a "non-issue" by year end.

There will also be some interim UI improvements on the road to Symbian^4, including a customizable homescreen for Symbian^2 and a fully touch-based interface for Symbian^3, with single taps and multitouch gesture support. Smartphones based on version 2 and 3 will arrive during the first and second half of 2010 respectively. Nokia will use its proposed UI for its own models but may also hope to have it licensed by third parties. In the previous, closed phase of Symbian, Nokia's Series 60 UI was dominant and adopted by some third parties, though other options were the now defunct UIQ, originally developed by Ericsson, and NTT DoCoMo's own MOAP.

While Symbian may be grabbing back a few PR points from Android, the same cannot be said for Windows Mobile, which is suffering from further doubts over whether its own OS upgrade will appear this year. Some sources, mainly citing LG, expect Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer to unveil WinMo 7 - widely seen as the last chance for Microsoft to make a real impact on smartphones - at next month's Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.

But the firm has been evasive about launch dates, and Taiwan's DigiTimes is reporting that Microsoft may actually launch another stopgap release, dubbed 6.6, in Barcelona. The main feature would be support for capacitive touchscreens and multitouch, but the market could get frustrated by yet another delay for the more radical release 7. In 2009, when that update was first scheduled, licensees had to make do with the WinMo 6.5 stopgap.

Last November, Microsoft promised substantial information on WinMo 7 at the Mix 2010 show in March, but has now removed any references to its smartphone OS from its Mix site. Microsoft is staying quiet on the speculation.'
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2010-01-19 17:49
Nokia X6 review on GSMArena:

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_x6-review-439.php
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2010-01-19 21:06
Also taken from The Register:

'Mobile apps to generate untold riches for developers
Even when they're free, says analyst

Smartphone owners will together spend a staggering $6.2bn on applications this year, market watcher Gartner has forecast.

The company calculates that, in 2009, we spent $4.24bn, and with analysts unanimously anticipating yet more iPhones, BlackBerries, Palms and Android handsets to be purchased in 2010, Gartners' predicted revenue jump of almost 60 per cent doesn't sound unreasonable.

More amazing, perhaps, is the fact that all that cash will come from just 18 per cent of the applications we download. The remaining 82 per cent of apps are freeware. Now, Gartner said some 4.5bn apps will be downloaded in 2010, so that means just under 810m of them will require paying for.

That's an average price of $7.65 per app.

Most mobile apps cost rather less than that, which just goes to show why the likes of TomTom, CoPilot developer ALK and everyone else making iPhone satnav applications - which typically cost rather more than $7.65 - were all running around Las Vegas earlier this month hosting gigs in exclusive nightclubs and generally spending money like it's going out of fashion.

They are, in short, rolling in the stuff, and it's all thanks to their new mobile apps.

Kerching.

And the Croesus-style excess will continue. In 2013, Gartner reckons, global app store revenues will total $29.48bn.

Even the free apps will be pumping money into their developers' bank accounts, thanks to the advertising they will inevitably present to the users. In 2010, this kind of advertising will generate $600m - almost nine per cent of the total - rising to $7.38bn - 25 per cent of total app revenue - in 2013.

It's not all good news for developers, mind. Gartner warns that, as smartphones go mainstream, they'll be bought and used by less tech-savvy punters, folk less likely to spend willy-nilly on new apps.

Maybe, but we reckon they won't be able to resist the free stuff, and so the balance of revenue will shift from application purchases to in-app advertising.'
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic