Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 161718 ... 318319320  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2012
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2012-01-07 11:43
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I don't see this happening, creating two brands of mobiles at the same time? If this is the case, who is really going to buy a sony ericsson branded handset over a sony one? If people know that sony ericsson wont be around for much longer, they'll be worried that if they went for SE they would be left unsupported. I imagine that ALL handsets will be realised SE and then rebranded later on in the year when they start the transition.
A-D-S-A-D-A
Xperia S
Long live the legacy of the Xperia arc
Long live the legacy of the K850i
SE cz
Sony Xperia Ion LT28at
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-01-07 11:45

On 2012-01-07 10:56:05, kingcool88 wrote:
From Unknown13x:

"Sorry guys, wrong dimensions for Nozomi LOL wrong file opened.

It will be this dimension 126.1 x 65.4 x 11.3mm which is still under 12mm

Last tip until everything being revealed at CES January 9th. Nozomi's name will only have 1 letter So scratch all that HD stuff, it's getting old..."

So what phone was he writing about before?

If Nozomi name will have only 1 letter so my tip is Xperia c or Xperia e according to this picture:

[ This Message was edited by: SE cz on 2012-01-07 10:45 ]
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-01-07 11:59

On 2012-01-07 11:43:44, adsada wrote:
I don't see this happening, creating two brands of mobiles at the same time? If this is the case, who is really going to buy a sony ericsson branded handset over a sony one? If people know that sony ericsson wont be around for much longer, they'll be worried that if they went for SE they would be left unsupported. I imagine that ALL handsets will be realised SE and then rebranded later on in the year when they start the transition.

The Sony Walkman will most probably a flagship high end phone. So I don't think people who wanna buy mid range devices like Nozomi and Nyphon will spend significantly more to buy the Sony Walkman phone. They are different categories.

And I would also have thought it was all a rumor or speculation but I seriously doubt its a speculation when the source is official Sony Ericsson Facebook post.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2012-01-07 12:12
Well if Sony branded smartphones are to appear then wouldn't it make sense for the better smartphones to be Sony branded? Wouldn't they would want to show the market that the new Sony phones will be better than the outgoing Sony Ericsson ones?

Only time will tell I guess but that would make more sense to me.
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-01-07 12:14

On 2012-01-07 12:12:07, goldenface wrote:
Well if Sony branded smartphones are to appear then wouldn't it make sense for the better smartphones to be Sony branded? Wouldn't they would want to show the market that the new Sony phones will be better than the outgoing Sony Ericsson ones?

I am sure if Sony is launching the Walkman phone then it will have better specs than the Sony Ericsson devices. If the Sony walkman phone had worse specs than SE devices then I do not think Sony would even bother launching a phone now.
I am pretty sure the new Walkman phone will the flagship phone for Sony/Sony Ericsson in 1H 2012.
MrHappyFit
Sony Xperia V
PM
Posted: 2012-01-07 12:15
From unknown13x:
"There's still one spec that was never leaked, but someone other than me already knows, at least it's still under wrap...phew...Will keep it for surprise (to some)."

I wonder what spec he's talking about here.. So excited for the announcement.
^^HAMID^^
Xperia Neo Black
PM
Posted: 2012-01-07 12:25
^^ Don't be so rejoiced! every year passes we think there is something special is wrapped ... the only thing we get at end is some behindhand phones after that everybody says the ace one is kept for MWC show ...
and the story continues ...

edit: Maybe that feature is NFC
[ This Message was edited by: ^^HAMID^^ on 2012-01-07 11:30 ]
domipost
Hazel
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-01-07 12:28
Sad but so true...... Although I think se made some great phones last year. Arc, ray, pro, mini pro and active were all very good I think. Not enough to win the market though
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2012-01-07 12:29
Yes, the same scenario tends to play out each and every year, although there were a few surprises last year with the Arc and the Play so at least things are beginning to change and now more so with Sony playing a bigger part.

It now seems to me that 'Nozomi' is less likely to be the main attraction at CES or MWC, it looks like phone made for Xperia X10 owners to upgrade to.
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-01-07 12:30
Ok guys so let's suppose for a moment that Sony is not launching any walkman phone. Then why else would Sony Ericsson Facebook talk about a exciting new SONY gadget like no other, then talk about the Walkman brand and say that Walkman is going to change your life once again ?
kingcool88
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2012-01-07 12:40
Unknown13x re Walkman phone:
I do...a very hideous phone IMO (Even my colleague said so). I would love to give more info, though the specs have been leaked (won't say which one), but it's too early at the moment. May be end of this month I can tip out some more. Let's keep things for CES for now
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2012-01-07 12:41

On 2012-01-07 12:30:00, randomuser wrote:
Ok guys so let's suppose for a moment that Sony is not launching any walkman phone. Then why else would Sony Ericsson Facebook talk about a exciting new SONY gadget like no other, then talk about the Walkman brand and say that Walkman is going to change your life once again ?

+1

What About Sony Switzerland/Austria Facebook 2 TEASER PIC??? and INDIA..
^^HAMID^^
Xperia Neo Black
PM
Posted: 2012-01-07 12:43
IMO Nozomi with these (normal) specs has a thick body! this makes a bright point (beside those darks ) in my mind that at least has a unique camera and a big sensor .... We all know that SE could made it much thinner...
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2012-01-07 12:51

On 2012-01-07 12:14:43, randomuser wrote:

On 2012-01-07 12:12:07, goldenface wrote:

I am sure if Sony is launching the Walkman phone then it will have better specs than the Sony Ericsson devices. If the Sony walkman phone had worse specs than SE devices then I do not think Sony would even bother launching a phone now.
I am pretty sure the new Walkman phone will the flagship phone for Sony/Sony Ericsson in 1H 2012.

As aurelius put it, if the mid range device is the Nozomi with specs like:

1. Dual Core 1,5GHz
2. 32GB internal
3. 12MP camera
4. 1 GB RAM
5. HD-screen

Please tell me what the walkman phone will have to make this stand out as a high-end device? Quad-core? That is really only the way the above specs could be improved for this year. It doesn't make any sense, why would SE create a mid-range handset with a 12MP sensor?!

I would like to agree with you, but every year everyone always gets excited how that this will be the year for great tech from SE etc etc but realistically following SE's trend this device will be their high-end flaghship device. There is a reason this has been leaked to shit, because the leaker knows that people want to see the best device. Mabe later in 2012 we will see a quad-core phone, but it just looks unlikely atm because SE seems unwilling to compete in this area...

A-D-S-A-D-A
Xperia S
Long live the legacy of the Xperia arc
Long live the legacy of the K850i
rickster2kuk
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2012-01-07 12:53

It now seems to me that 'Nozomi' is less likely to be the main attraction at CES or MWC, it looks like phone made for Xperia X10 owners to upgrade to.

I would say Nozomi is aimed towards the US market specifically.

Arc design still is really nice, Nozomi just looks big and bulky.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 161718 ... 318319320  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic