Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > so who is religous here?

Previous  123 ... 111112 113114115  Next
Author so who is religous here?
PeterKay
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-10-23 00:16
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Watch this flash presentation and turn your speakers on.....

http://thisisislam.islamacademy.com
amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-10-23 00:26
In Islam, those who died before Islam will go to heaven if they followed God's religion to the best of their extent and at the time Islam didn't exist.
And before that, those people would go to heaven.
(kind of makes you wonder "why didn't God just not say anything and let everyone go to heaven?") Well someone could easily ask why not?
Compare every UK Mobile deal available! | Qatar - A complete guide to the heart of the Middle East
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-10-23 00:50
@amnesia

Forgive the frankness of this comment, but that does seme somewhat odd. Basically what you are syaing is that anyone living before Islam is given a place in Heaven even though they did not have to 'work for it' in the same way as those who lived after Islam as founded did and do?

In essence the millions (perhaps even billions) of people who have lived in the (approximately) 200,000 years, since homo sapiens came into being, before Islam was founded are all allowed to go to Heaven without having to have abided by the rules of Islam as Muslims do today? Why the change then? The world has faced the same basic problems throughout human history so why the need to give the Quran to the Prophet at that time?

As an aside, would Islam (or any of the other Judeo-Christian religions) include other species of human being in their ethos of being saved?

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2005-10-24 15:08 ]
amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-10-23 01:33
God cannot punish people for not believing in a religion that didn't exist before they died.
(well he can, but I wouldn't imagine God would do such a thing, he's all forgiving)
Compare every UK Mobile deal available! | Qatar - A complete guide to the heart of the Middle East
maki101
T610
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-10-23 02:16
Many belive in God becouse they are afraid from him, and as time past and we get older we belive more and more

This message was posted from a T610

amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-10-23 02:24
i myself am not in fear of God, I respect God and understand that there are consquences to evil deeds.
It's hell that I fear
maki101
T610
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-10-23 02:29
Yes but God decide do you go in hell or not, is in it?

This message was posted from a T610

[ This Message was edited by: maki101 on 2005-10-23 20:58 ]

scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-10-23 03:12
Quote:

On 2005-10-23 01:33:47, amnesia wrote:
God cannot punish people for not believing in a religion that didn't exist before they died.
(well he can, but I wouldn't imagine God would do such a thing, he's all forgiving)

That may be so, but I would still like to know why Islam, Christianity, etc were created when they were. It seems rather strange to have let so much history pass without the percieved 'right way'. As I said before, the same basic problems have always existed in human society so it could be argued that Islam would have been as relevant 5,000 years ago as it was 1,400 years ago.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-10-23 04:56
well there are two ways to look at it.
Conveniantly we are not supposed to question God.
At the end of the day, much of religion boils down to faith and understanding that there may have been a good reason for things happening at the time they did.

or if you wanted to think of it realistically, then maybe religion was brought down at a time where people were intelligent enough to follow a religion and at a time where societies were beginning to shape 'properly'

there will always be many possibilities and with religion, there is never a black or white answer.
joebmc
S700
PM
Posted: 2005-10-23 12:07
As I’m aware we are no more intelligent today than we were 200,000 years ago. Yes we’ve come a long way since then but what I’ve been informed is if you take a newborn baby from 200,000 years ago it and brought it up in 2005 it would be identical (looks, brain power) as any child today, and vice a versa if you took a new born of today and placed it with a family 200,000 years ago that child would grow to be no more intelligent than others from that time.

So does any religion know why these gods took there time to contact us? (IMO we, man invented gods and then went on to invent the PSP).
dealer3
K610 silver
PM
Posted: 2005-10-23 12:07
there are alot fo misconceptions....

A muslim is a person who belives in all the prophets of almighty god...
moses,abraham,jesus were all here to unviel the message of god...there were messengers of almighty god... the people that followed them followed the word of god...and those people who followed their word will if God willing they will go to heaven...
after jesus...mohammed came as another messenger...so another person who god sent to unviel the message of god...
we as muslims believe in ALLL the prophets of god...including jesus, moses and all the rest of them, peace be upon them all... if u dnt believe in all u r NOT a muslim...
they all came down to convey the same message...however as people start going astray other messengers were sent down as a mercy to mankind, we believe after moses, jesus, adam and all the other prophets (peace be upon them all) Mohammed was the last messenger and there will be no more messengers to come...
as there are no more messengers to come it is our duty to god that we tell people about the truth of islam... if people accept it, then god bless them, if people dnt then may god forgive them, and keep there minds open with understanding...
our duty is not to make people revert to islam... just to convey this beautiful message of peace...
and i know half of u people are thinkin peace?!?!?! no way this religion is insane...
there have been 240,000 books written in the last 150 years AGAINST ISLAM
3/4 of the world is against muslims... too many miscnceptions and lack understandin contribute...
however Islam remains the FATEST GROWING RELIIGION IN THE WORLD, WHY?
when people realise the truth there is no holding them bck...
i would urge u all to read this story with an open mind of a young 10 year old child (now 14), who grew up as an american non-muslim...plz read...
read patiently and with an open mind...
http://towardsislam.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=107
may god have mercy and bless us ALL
joebmc
S700
PM
Posted: 2005-10-23 12:18
Still doesn't answer the question in hand.

Quote:

when people realise the truth there is no holding them bck

And thats what where all trying to find but a lot of questions get pushed a side because the truth (imo) is not in Islam.
amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-10-23 16:15
I answered your questions a few posts up, maybe you missed it.
jagger2k
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2005-10-23 22:29
Quote:

On 2005-10-23 00:16:52, PeterKay wrote:
Watch this flash presentation and turn your speakers on.....

http://thisisislam.islamacademy.com

DONT CLICK THAT LINK!! its a virus!!

masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-10-23 22:33
I'm running Norton Internet Security 2005 with the latest anti-virus and anti-spyware/adware updates and it doesn't report any issues at all with that link
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 111112 113114115  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic