Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Sony Ericsson G900 Discussion

Previous  123 ... 102103104 ... 120121122  Next
Author Sony Ericsson G900 Discussion
apolloa
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-11-10 14:04
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hey thanks ardzuna. If you follow that guide, after updating the phone to the latest world CDA does the phone then revert to displaying only 1 CDA in the menu? Also what advantages does the latest firmware give you?
ardzuna
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-11-10 14:58
Yes, there's only one CDA in the System information after the update.
Except for the new default theme, I didn't notice any significant changes with the latest firmware.

apolloa
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-11-10 15:44
Ok thanks. Does the phone respond faster at all with the later firmware or run faster? My current version is 1207-6480 R3A.
d3tr0
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-11-10 16:54
Slightly faster
apolloa
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-11-10 17:58
Thanks, hmm may hold off at the mo. Certainly until the weekend as I will need to reinstall my apps onto it. Do you still get Quick Office on the generic CDA?
wah007
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-11-11 00:10
yes you do
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2008-11-12 09:45
man does this phone have a STUPID IDIOT media player!!!!!
Video part is OK.
Music part lacks the folder playlist ability, but it's fair
But the picture part.. OMG this morning i put 2 pictures with my GF in pictures folder, and another one (150x150) in contacts folder (d:\\pic..\\contacts).
Both of them where made with a digital camera, and a group picture, so i want to zoom in (since SE was so smart to remove zoom in file manager - or didn't add it), i had to search the pictures in media player (after updating library OFC). Guess what.. in the pictures section (media>photo>pictures) "all" of my pictures where shown except for those. It opened ilock, any application picture, but the ones located in camera and the 2 i copied. Ok
Camera album section... First group there is from August 2002, and it's a wllpaper i downloaded, second group january 2006, FINALY A PICTURE FROM THE 2, but only 1, june 2006 another wallpaper, and so on. Still no 2nd picture.
And latest photos... well only refers to pix with camera. And what about the picture from the "contacts" folder? i had 1 of them in pictures, one of them in camera album, and the third one... nowhere.
What's wrong with this stupid player? how do you use it, any tricks? i'm so pissed off because i can't find a picture to show someone without having to go through all sections.
http://norbinw.blogspot.com
cableguy
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2008-11-12 10:21
Is it possible to create a link to the Picture editor in the G900?
i.e. so you dont have to go into creating an new MMS to open it.
Sator1973
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-11-12 21:36
Mediaplayer works fine overall, but YES it can be annoying. Why must the pictures folder be in the photoalbum (other way around would be more logical)? And I only want photos in my photoalbum.
My own wallpapers, based on photos, appear in the photoalbum and I don't want that. Photoalbum should only show pictures in the camera folders. I tried solving the problem creating my own folders, but this doesn't work for the mediaplayer, as it scans ALL non-system folders for pictures (and photos). So I have to convert these pics to png to avoid them appearing in photoalbum.
And yes it would be very nice if the mediaplayer was able to play everything in a folder without having to make a playlist.
Imho pictures and photos shouldn't be in mediaplayer, but in a separate viewer.
What mediaplayer needs is some configuration options for the user, which should be possible with an os like UIQ. Too bad SE doesn't seem to care much about the possibilities of UIQ.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
teeboy
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-11-13 15:41
I just have a question: is it still worth to buy the g700 or g900 even if moto and SE already announced that they are not making uiq phones? Does this mean that there won't be firmware updates to these phones anymore? tnx
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2008-11-13 20:14
there will be firmware updates. G900 still has tons of bugs.
Now the most annoying bug of all time is sometimes i won't recieve the SMS in time... this happens after 4-5 or more SMS recieved (SMS chat). This morning my GF sent me a message at 9AM, and i got it at ~13:00PM, and it's not the network, beacuse on the phone it shows the right time... if we SMS chat, and i notice that a long time interval has passed, and i didn't get SMS, if i go into menu, Messaging , then exit to standby i will recieve it, if not, who knows (when i got it at 13:00PM i wanted to surf the net over WiFi). Man this problem is so annoying, i would kill to fix it. Some SMS may be important, and may require instant answering.. i can't go in and out to messaging menu every 5 minutes just to check if i get a message... hope someone can call in and tell SE this huge problem. I understand other bugs and all, but keep SMS and calls bug free.
krome
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-11-14 20:14
i am thinking of buying the SE G900, from ebay , ecell, lol

willl THIS PHONE WORK IN THE UK < AND IF ANYONE HAS EXPERIENCED ANYTHING WITH E-CELL ON EBAY < DO YOU THINK THE PHONE WILL BE HONG KONG , because most of them usually are ?
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2008-11-15 11:28
buyit new.. you will have problems with it, so buy it from a SE store close to you (warranty). Trust me
krome
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-11-15 17:45
buyit new.. you will have problems with it, so buy it from a SE store close to you (warranty). Trust me

i decided to but it from someone else , on ebay , but hes more trustworthy, and the phone has a 1 year manufacturer warranty ( what does that warranty include )
And wat u meen by "problems"
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2008-11-15 18:59
anything can happen. This is my 3rd unit. 1st one had LED problem, second display, 3rd.. kinda ok. Other persons also have black screens, etc. Maybe you get lucky, and get a good one.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 102103104 ... 120121122  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic