Esato

Forum > Market > Mobile phones for sale > Can I sell a phone that is still on contract?

Previous  12
Author Can I sell a phone that is still on contract?
Simon R
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-11-04 15:54
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Thanks for all the suggestions.

So if I am reading this right, I can transfer my number to another network while still under contract? So I assume that my existing contract gets a new number, and my original number can be assigned to a new network.

I then change to a new contract on a new network using my existing number, change my orange contract to the cheapest one I can and keep paying that until the contract runs out. Do I have that right?

I phoned Orange and all transmitters in my area are working ok. My phone isn't at fault as my friends Orange phone has the same problem. Orange suggest it may be something to do with the house, but I doubt it as we have the same problem outside. It must be a dead zone of some kind.

wapchimp
C905 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-04 22:19
DO NOT TAKE THAT - ring them again and get the technical support dept to look into it - coverage cannot be guaranteed inside a building though - do u have railway or hills/valleys near u - if not they can/may adjust tranmitters if other orange users have same prob & they say it should be good coverage in your postcode.

About what u said - u have got it a bit wrong - if u are still in contract & want to leave u have to pay a remainder line rental - so change to the lowest one £15per month, times that by months remaining - after you have paid then u can port ur number out after - u will be given a pacode which is valid for 30days - u pay line rental in one go on next bill if u disconect - 30days pacode is billed aswell ontop/after of that. Unless u disconect or port out ur number will stay as it is on orange. hope this helps. [addsig]
GixxerForHire
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-11-05 23:36
You guys have some strange laws on that side of the pond.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi