Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > New f/w for M600: CDA: R4C01

Previous  123 ... 89 101112  Next
Author New f/w for M600: CDA: R4C01
nhalliday
P900
PM
Posted: 2006-10-03 13:31
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Fixed it - did a complete uninstall/reinstall of everything SE-related on my PC, and then ran SEUS and it worked!

Unfortunately, the uninstall meant I lost my backup, so I'll have to spend 30 minutes setting everything up again, but I don't mind...
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2006-10-03 13:42
SEUS hung on me after an hour, so I took the plunge and decided to disconnect my phone. Low and behold it had flashed but the SEUS client had stopped responding. My phone flashed and it works just fine.
*edited on a Mac of course. Mac: There is no substitute*

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
ekkelon
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-10-03 15:45
Hi ... someone know where is possible to download the Language Pack for this new FW version!?
Please help me because after the upgrade I haven't the Italian language in My M600i ...
Thank you.
Birba
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-03 16:45
Italian Language:

http://www.sonyericsson.com/s[....]1&pid=10385&fid=33261&esi=true
ekkelon
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-10-03 17:14
... no sorry this version of language pack is non correct ... if i try to install it ... a warning message like this appear in the screen of the M600i:

The following software must be present on this device before the installation can proceed:
Software name: SonyEricsson 10274BEBLanguagelD
Version: 2.00(0)
Install this software and begin the installation again.

I think that is necessary the correct version of language pack for this new FW relase .....
H0KAGE
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-10-04 00:21
Got my M600i today. Updated it straight away. No problems with SEUS and device seems fast and stable.

But I have one question, I sent a portrait-orientated picture to it to use as contact picture and screen-saver but the phone auto-rotates the picture to landscape mode for both contact-picture and screensaver features. However, if I just view the pic, it is correctly displayed in portrait.

Anyone know how I can fix this?
filipb
M600 white
PM
Posted: 2006-10-11 03:01
hello everybody

could somebody with the latest fw pls check to see if they have fixed the problem whereby although you subscribe to only certain IMAP folders, it downloads the headers of all your IMAP folders, even ones to which you have not subscribed to?

I am on o2 and found out about this the hard way - at the end of the month I realised from the bill that the phone was checking my "archive" folder (3000+ emails) without my permission!

many thanks

Filip
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2006-11-16 04:49
Hi all,
Michel Jerez over @ My-symbian has reported there is new firmware on its way for the M600 that speeds it up with some other slight improvements although it seems the bluetooth version is remaining the same.

Marc
Blackberry Bold, V4.6.0.214, 8GB SDHC, Pin2553F455
Honoured to have Won Best Debater for the 2nd Year
mobman
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2006-11-16 11:31
if there is an option to turn animated menus off i will be so pleased!

to be honest my phone is working pretty damn well now - bit slow now and again, especially writing SMS (but i do have 400 messages in my inbox).

think i'll be letting some other people try this before i upgrade again.

if it ein't broke...
nokevin
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2006-11-16 12:04
Quote:

On 2006-11-16 04:49:23, Dogmann wrote:
Hi all,
Michel Jerez over @ My-symbian has reported there is new firmware on its way for the M600 that speeds it up with some other slight improvements although it seems the bluetooth version is remaining the same.

Marc

Cant wait, if this F|W upgrade dont fix it, its going back piece of sh*t
osamede
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-11-16 13:50
Quote:

On 2006-11-16 11:31:26, mobman wrote:
if there is an option to turn animated menus off i will be so pleased!

Play the demo video (or any video) and pause it. Then leave it alone. Menus are sped up.
Marc_SE
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-11-16 14:21
The 'turning off transitions' option was in the VF firmware I had on my prototype handset, which helped alot with the speed.

It's also in the W950i which is a good sign.

Can anyone check (when the firmware is available) whether or not the BB Connect v3.37 client works correctly?

Giving my M600i to my g/f to use so don't want to upgradce and NOT be able to use BB!

Thanks.
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2006-11-16 16:33
@nokevin

That's a bit harsh man, if you have the latest version firmware and use SwissManger or the inbuilt Task Manger to manage apps and Ram it is very stable. I have had no crashes freezes or restarts. Pop3 e-mail on demand works well, the Picture Gallery is also good, the screen in most lighting conditions is excellent. The keyboard and on screen keyboard with word prompt is also very good as is the diary. Personally i don't like Opera or Opera Mini and am not impressed with video player either. Its saving grace for me is the Music Player paired with the HBH-DS970'S truly amazing sound IMO. I have no issues with the battery life or leaving it running for a couple days without needing to reboot although would love to know were the Ram goes to when its not even being used just switched on.

Now the things i don't like, it is slow annoyingly so, bluetooth unstable both with the HBH and syncing to the PC Suite this is also slow admittedly syncing with the cable it works better but hate plugging and unplugging cables my N93 syncs with no problems why not this phone. At present i am only using this as a Music player and for some voice calls will try again after the next update as really would like to make this my main phone due to its size and looks, well here's hoping the next upgrade really speeds things up.

Marc
nokevin
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2006-11-16 22:23
Quote:

On 2006-11-16 16:33:26, Dogmann wrote:
@nokevin

That's a bit harsh man, if you have the latest version firmware and use SwissManger or the inbuilt Task Manger to manage apps and Ram it is very stable. I have had no crashes freezes or restarts. Pop3 e-mail on demand works well, the Picture Gallery is also good, the screen in most lighting conditions is excellent. The keyboard and on screen keyboard with word prompt is also very good as is the diary. Personally i don't like Opera or Opera Mini and am not impressed with video player either. Its saving grace for me is the Music Player paired with the HBH-DS970'S truly amazing sound IMO. I have no issues with the battery life or leaving it running for a couple days without needing to reboot although would love to know were the Ram goes to when its not even being used just switched on.

Now the things i don't like, it is slow annoyingly so, bluetooth unstable both with the HBH and syncing to the PC Suite this is also slow admittedly syncing with the cable it works better but hate plugging and unplugging cables my N93 syncs with no problems why not this phone. At present i am only using this as a Music player and for some voice calls will try again after the next update as really would like to make this my main phone due to its size and looks, well here's hoping the next upgrade really speeds things up.

Marc

Well i still think its a piece of sh*t, made in China for a start (cheap crap) its slow, the hassle i have with both HBH-GV435 and HBH-300 that both work 100% on my old T610, the battery life is crap, i just hate it because i paid €400 for a phone that i thought would be the dogs and its sh*te. The only reason i stopped using me T610 was cause it had a problem with the antena or somthing and had none to weak signal but it done me well for 2 years

[ This Message was edited by: nokevin on 2006-11-16 21:23 ]
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2006-11-17 00:30
@nokevin
Two things firstly please can you not quote a post that is directly above what you post as many visit ESATO via mobile devices and it is a pain for all this extra data to load and also it is unnecessary just use the@ name here and we will be able to understand the points you are addressing.

May i ask what exactly are the issues you are facing that mean you hold this smart phone with such contempt? I have said i am not overly impressed either but it is stable and usable if not a bit slow and what ever you do don't get a P990 instead as the M600 is more stable than that.
It's all very well saying it is rubbish but why is it as this does not seem to be most peoples opinion unless they have the reduced functionality of the Voda Branded version which you can't really blame SE for. I do consider myself a very fussy consumer and hence waited till the reports of the improvements R9A firmware made before takeing the plunge on a M600. If it can gain some speed and bluetooth gets better i can see myself using this more if not its a very good Music player and makes calls fine.

Marc
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 89 101112  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic