Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > "Must-Have" apps that work on X10 mini / X10 mini pro Thread

Previous  123 ... 789 101112  Next
Author "Must-Have" apps that work on X10 mini / X10 mini pro Thread
darbo
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM
Posted: 2010-08-27 15:27
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2010-07-12 00:39:55, nfts-pstrfs wrote:
I found the best application/widget to turn on/off bluetooth, gps, flashlight, wifi, and good battery indication. The application is called SwitchPro (paid one). I have downloaded many widgets to do such thing but they were so tiny and they looked stupid occupying a whole page each.

switch pro doesn't work on my x10 mini pro
the gps button doesnt work and cant get the data to be switched on either but nice app just doesnt work
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-08-28 06:45

On 2010-08-26 23:06:54, Arne Anka wrote:
@jplacson

Have you tried changing WiFi policy in settings to never turn WiFi off ? By default it is set tur turn WiFi of when the screen goes black. This may however require that you have version 1.2.A.1.174 of the mini software since earlier versions have been reported by some to have issue with the policy settings (my mini however have not had any policy issues).
[ This Message was edited by: Arne Anka on 2010-08-26 22:07 ]

Hey Arne, ya I did... Still gets cut. Error message on Barnacle is 'NAT server down' ... I'm still trying to figure out if it's a background service that ATK is killing... Barnacle is already on the ignore list, but I suspect one of the core services of SonyEricsson might be used as well... I'm doing a brute force trial and error of each service.
kenjibatusai
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM
Posted: 2010-09-24 16:44
Is there an app like Bluetooth Remote Control?
I've tried GMote and it doesn't allow to choose the player I want to use, though I like the way you can use the screen to move the cursor on the PC
X10 mini
burmistrz
Xperia Active
PM
Posted: 2010-09-24 20:24
Problem solved
[ This Message was edited by: burmistrz on 2010-09-25 22:15 ]
Munchkinn
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM
Posted: 2010-09-27 14:58
Just paid for Swiftkey... The only app I have paid for so far. It saves a lot of typing... excellent app, and very cheap until the end of the month.
ben0667
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM
Posted: 2010-09-28 08:44
one useful ap i use for file transfer between my pc and x10 mini is "websharing" found it on the market
basically can transfer files between the two using the wifi saves plugging in cable everytime and very easy to use.

has anyone found a free media player that has an equalizer with it, i have got zimly player already it is quite good but
still no equalizer!!

thanks
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-09-28 09:26
Hey ben, try DropBox... really useful. I no longer need file sharing between my computers and phone.

Works with iOS, Android, Windows, and OSX. So syncing and sharing files between your machines is all wireless... and can be done remotely!
anders260
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-09-28 09:29
Hi

Bambuser (bambuser.com) is a really cool app, you can stream/broadcast movies directly up to facebook/twitter etc...
ozzy1212
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM
Posted: 2010-09-28 10:58
here's my list
APPS
Advanced Task Killer
Aldiko Premium (Ebook Reader)
Android System Info
App Protector Pro
Astro File Manager
Backgrounds (browse wallpapers)
Beautiful Widgets
ConvertPad
Documents To Go
Dolphin Browser
doubleTwist (ability to sync with doubleTwist in mac and it has a cool widget that shows album art)
eBuddy (IM)
ES File Explorer (better UI than Astro, better package installer but no rar support)
Extended Controls (a bit buggy but it's extremely customizable)
Facebook
GBlocker (simple call and SMS blocking app)
GpsCompass (maps with full gps utilization)
gStrings (the best instrument tuner)
Handcent SMS (fully customizable alternative SMS app)
Launch-X Pro (don't like it but it works for us X10 Mini Pro users)
Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary (best dictionary, no thesaurus, but it speaks most words, need to download additional SD content)
Musical Pro (tuner/metronome/keyboard with different voices and a beta piano tutorial)
Google MyTracks
Sketcher
Smart Measure
Toshl (app for finance management)
TubeDroid (youtube downloader)

Games: (some games fc but most do work)
aTilt 3D Labyrinth
Chalky
Drop
Fuzzies
Hyper Jump
Impossible Levels Game
Moron Test
Raging Thunder 2
Robo Defense
Roller Coaster
Shoot U!
Sky Force Reloaded
Space Physics
Speedx 3D (i love this game!)
Toss It Pro

LAUNCHERS
GDE (for the animations)
ADW (for the virtually limitless amount of customization)

Just sharing what i've experienced w this phone.
Love it btw, despite the setbacks in updates..lol
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-09-28 11:31

On 2010-09-28 09:29:43, anders260 wrote:
Hi

Bambuser (bambuser.com) is a really cool app, you can stream/broadcast movies directly up to facebook/twitter etc...

OMG!!!! THANK YOU ANDERS!!!!! I've been waiting for Ustream to fix their X10 Mini support (the app works, but the controls don't fit on the screen so you can't click "broadcast")

But this works just perfectly!

[ This Message was edited by: jplacson on 2010-09-28 10:37 ]
Munchkinn
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM
Posted: 2010-09-28 12:29
Does anyone know of a good widget that will allow you see all the most useful things on one screen of the X10 Mini, and let you switch them on and off from there? It would be nice to have one screen where you can turn off and on WIFI, screen brightness, GPS, see battery level, bluetooth, silent, clock, data on and off etc etc... Is there such a thing available? TIA!
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-09-28 12:40
Hi Munchkinn, no single widget does all that... but the built-in power manager widget of does the ff:

wifi, brightness, background sync, gps, and bluetooth. another built-in widget enables and disables data. the battery meter is always on top, as is the time.

There are other widgets out there that do the same things, but few do GPS, and TRUE data disabling...even if they say they do. Most of them will just open the Settings menu on your Mini then you have to shut them off manually.

Shortcut for silent, vibe is just the volume rocker. Make the volume go all the way down and it goes to vibe, one more down and it goes to silent.

Power button toggles Airplane Mode.
---------------------

For X10 Mini Pro users, keyboard tip, long press on the letter triggers the numbers so you don't need to press the blue button. Although it's still faster to press the blue button and hit the number, it's a nice option.
Munchkinn
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM
Posted: 2010-09-28 13:00
@ jplacson Thanks for the reply. I knew about the existing widgets. It would be handy to have one that has more things on it though. The way I see it a lot of screen space is wasted with lots of individual widgets.
Munchkinn
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM
Posted: 2010-09-28 16:00
Just found a widget that lets you have lots of apps, shortcuts or widgets all on one screen called "Multicon Widget" but the icons are so small, and I can't figure out how to make them bigger. If it wasn't for that it would be excellent!

http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.h9kdroid.multicon
Spinz
M600 white
PM
Posted: 2010-09-29 12:06
Any application like the HTC Sense widget or HTC Clock widget or HTC weather for X10 mini?

and cannot find Beautiful widget on Market of X10 mini?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 789 101112  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic