Welcome to Esato.com


Pages:
1234  Next

News Articles:

Technical details:
• Acer beTouch E140
• Samsung 4G LTE
• Samsung Ativ S
• Samsung Champ Neo Duos GT-C3262
• Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus
• Samsung Galaxy Beam
• Samsung Galaxy Fame
• Samsung Galaxy Fame Duos
• Samsung Galaxy Grand GT-I9080
• Samsung Galaxy Grand GT-I9082
• Samsung Galaxy Music
• Samsung Galaxy Music Dual
• Samsung Galaxy Nexus
• Samsung Galaxy Note
• Samsung Galaxy Note II
• Samsung Galaxy Pocket
• Samsung Galaxy Premier
• Samsung Galaxy Pro
• Samsung Galaxy R I9103
• Samsung Galaxy S 4G
• Samsung Galaxy S Advance
• Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562
• Samsung Galaxy S i9000
• Samsung Galaxy S II
• Samsung Galaxy S II LTE
• Samsung Galaxy S II Plus
• Samsung Galaxy S II WiMAX ISW11SC
• Samsung Galaxy S III
• Samsung Galaxy S III Mini
• Samsung Galaxy S4
• Samsung Galaxy SL I9003
• Samsung Galaxy Spica I5700
• Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000
• Samsung Galaxy W
• Samsung Galaxy Xcover GT-S5690
• Samsung Galaxy Xcover II
• Samsung Galaxy Y Duos
• Samsung Galaxy Y Pro
• Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos
• Samsung Galaxy Young
• Samsung Galaxy Young Duos
• Samsung I5500 Galaxy 5
• Samsung I5800 Galaxy 3 Apollo
• Samsung Omnia W
• Samsung Rex 60
• Samsung Rex 70
• Samsung Rex 80
• Samsung Rex 90
• Samsung Star 3
• Samsung Star 3 DUOS
• Samsung T-mobile Sidekick 4G
• Samsung Wave 3
• Samsung Wave M
• Samsung Wave Y S5380

From the forum:

Samsung Galaxy S8 Announced


Click to view updated thread with images




Posted by Tibagy


Samsung Galaxy S8 Key Features:

- 3G Network: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100

- 4G Network: LTE 800 / 850 / 900 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600

- Nano SIM

- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Dual Band, DLNA, Wi - Fi Direct, Wi - Fi HotSpot, Bluetooth v5.0 With A2DP, EDR, LE, APT-X, ANT+, MicroUSB v3.1, USB Host, USB On The Go, Infrared And NFC

- GPS With A-GPS Support, Glonass, Galileo And Beidou

- Dimensions: 148.9 x 68.1 x 8.0mm

- Weight: 152 Grams.

- Display 5,8" Super Amoled QHD+ Infinity Display (~570 Ppi Pixel Density) With Always On Display, HDR 10 Compliant And Corning Gorilla Glass 5

- 3D Touch (Home Button Only)

- 64 Or 128 GigaBytes Memory Internal (UFS 2.1)

- Expansive Memory Up To 256 GigaBytes

- 4 GigaBytes Ram LPDDR4X (3.372 GigaBytes After The System Boot By SnapDragon Version Or 3.459 GigaBytes After The System Boot By Exynos Version) Or 6 GigaBytes Ram LPDDR4X (5.372 GigaBytes After The System Boot)

- CPU Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 Kyro 280 Performance Quad Core 2.35 GHz And Kyro 280 Efficiency Quad Core 1.90 GHz
(SemiConductor Technology 10 nm LPE)

- GPU Adreno 540 (Octa - Core Graphics @653 MHz)

- CPU Samsung Exynos 8895 Quad - Core 2nd-Gen Mongoose (Dual 2.31 GHz And Dual 2.31 Ghz) Cortex A73 And Quad - Core 1.69 GHz Cortex A53
(SemiConductor Technology 10 nm LPE)

- GPU Samsung Exynos Mali-G71 MP20 (Icosa - Core Graphics @650 MHz)

- Android 7.0 (Nougat) With Grace UX UI

- Microsoft Apps (Word, Excel, PowerPoint And Reader PDF)

- Camera Dual Pixel 12.1 MP With OIS And Led Flash

- CamCorder UltraHD (2160p @30 FPS)

- 8 MP Front Facing Camera With Auto Focus And Selfie Flash For Video Chat And CamCorder QHD (1440p @30 FPS)

- Fingerprint Sensor

- IP68 Certified (Dust Proof And Water Resistant Over 1.5 Meter And 30 Minutes)

- Capless USB Port

- Samsung Knox

- Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX Certified)

- Smart Connect Home

- OneDrive (115 GB Cloud Storage)

- Iris Recognition/Face Recognition

- Bixby Virtual Assistant

- Active Noise Cancellation With Dedicated Mic

- Main Body: Polished Aluminum Frame

- Bundled AKG HeadPhones

- Standard Battery Li-Po 3000 mAh (Non-Removable) With Adaptive Fast Charging, QuickCharge 2.0 Support And WPC&PMA Wireless Charging

- Available In Arctic Silver, Orchid Grey, Black Sky, Maple Gold And Coral Blue Colors



Technichal Specifications Digital Camera Galaxy S8:

* Optical Assembly: Largan Precision Optics (26mm in 35mm equiv.)
* Construction Lens: 6 Elements Plastic
* F-Number: f/1.7
* Focal Length: 4.25mm
* Focus Range: 6 Cm - Infinity
* Iso Sensitivity: 40 - 1250
* Shutter Speed: Max - (10s) / Min - (1/24000s)
* Image Stabilization: Optical Stabiliser (OIS): Dual Axis Gyroscope
* Features Digital Camera: Dual Pixel Focusing, Object Tracking Autofocus - Touch Focus - Face/Smile Detection - Panorama - HDR - Geo Tagging
* Flash: Led (4rd Generation)
* Reach In Shooting Of Flash: Up To 3 Meters
* AF Light: Yes (Led 4rd Generation)
* ISP: Samsung C4
* Image Sensor: CMOS BSI SONY EXMOR RS IMX333 Or CMOS BSI SAMSUNG ISOCELL S5K2L2 (Market Dependent)
* Format: 1/2.55"
* Surface: (5.76 mm x 4.29 mm)
* Pixel Size: 1.44 Microns
* Total Pixel Are Used: 4032 x 3024 - 12.19 MP
* Maximum Effective Pixels Resolution: 4032 x 3024 For (4:3) Or 4032 x 2268 For (16:9)
* Other Features: Multi-Shot Image Stacking, Dual Shot And Simultaneous FullHD Video And Image Recording

Technichal Specifications Digital Camcorder Galaxy S8:

* Maximum Resolution Digital Camcorder: ULTRAHD 2160p (3840 x 2160)
* Quantity Frames Per Second During Recording Of Video: 30 FPS
* Recording Codec Used To Do Video: MP4
* Video Bit Rate: 48.6 Mbps
* Iso Sensitivity: 40 - 2000
* Recording Audio Codec Used To Do Video: AAC Stereo
* Audio Bit Rate: 256 Kbps
* Audio Sampling Rate: 48.0 KHz
* Light Assist For The Record Video: Yes (Single Led 4rd Generation)
* Features Digital Camcorder: Optical Video Stabilization And Continuous Autofocus

Technichal Specifications Front Digital Camera Galaxy S8:

* Optical Assembly: Samsung Lens Wide Angle 25mm
* Construction Lens: 5 Elements Plastic
* F-Number: f/1.7
* Focal Length: 2.95mm
* Iso Sensitivity: 40 - 1250
* Shutter Speed: Max - (1/13s) / Min - (1/9728s)
* Sensor: CMOS BSI SONY EXMOR RS IMX320 Or CMOS BSI SAMSUNG ISOCELL S5K3H1 (Market Dependent)
* Format: 1/3.6"
* Surface: (4.00 mm x 3.00 mm)
* Pixel Size: 1.12 Microns
* Maximum Effective Pixels Resolution: 3264 x 2448 For (4:3)
* Features Digital Camcorder: Autofocus And Auto HDR

Technichal Specifications Front Digital Camcorder Galaxy S8:

* Maximum Resolution Digital Camcorder: QHD 1440p (2560 x 1440)
* Quantity Frames Per Second During Recording Of Video: 30 FPS
* Recording Codec Used To Do Video: MP4
* Video Bit Rate: 25.4 Mbps
* Iso Sensitivity: 40 - 1600
* Recording Audio Codec Used To Do Video: AAC Stereo
* Audio Bit Rate: 256 Kbps
* Audio Sampling Rate: 48.0 KHz
[ This Message was edited by: Tibagy on 2017-04-28 17:05 ]



Posted by Tibagy
Samsung Galaxy S8: Official Introduction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8Ert5yjMV4
[ This Message was edited by: Tibagy on 2017-03-31 01:05 ]


Posted by GRANEDE
Pretty underwhelming phone. No 4K HDR display, 600mAh less battery than S7 edge, No Quanovo charging so battery life will be $hit within 8 months, No front facing stereo speaker, No build in noise cancelling feature, Same 1/2.6 inch IMX260 last year camera sensor, no 960fps video capabilites, same amount of ram as s7 and it's not even THE EFFICIENT LPDDR4X version, Insanely laggy and bloated software and the last to send update ( even huawei is faster than samsung, lol )https://www.droid-life.com/2017/03/27/unlocked-galaxy-s7-samsung-hates-never-updates-received-marchs-security-patch-isnt-nougat/ yet they are asking for that kind of price.

XZP is definitely the better.
[ This Message was edited by: GRANEDE on 2017-03-29 16:54 ]


Posted by aussieland1
Nice phone with impressive size . Crazy to have a such a large screen on a small by comparison phone


Oh and I am waiting on tsepz to criticise the phone for the small size battery like he did for LG G6 😜😜

Also glad to see it is cheaper then rumoured (still expensive though ) .... starts from £689 not £799
[ This Message was edited by: aussieland1 on 2017-03-29 21:07 ]


Posted by Tsepz_GP
S8s battery is a concern, especially considering the Display is a tad larger than the G6s. Hopefully the new Exynos 8895 is just if not more efficient as the 8890 in the S7 and S7 Edge as that did wonders for S7 range.

Unfortunately for those who will be getting the Snapdragon 835 version, generally Snapdragon is less efficient than Exynos.

Posted by aussieland1
Exynos 8895 has to be way more efficient considering that the size if the screens is way bugger than on S7 and S7 edge.

The review on android police mentioned a default resolution of fhd which can be changed in settings. Maybe this is the reason - battery life?

Other than this everyone seems to be very impressed with the built and design of the phone- that is good news.

Posted by Tsepz_GP

On 2017-03-30 06:28:17, aussieland1 wrote:
Exynos 8895 has to be way more efficient considering that the size if the screens is way bugger than on S7 and S7 edge.

The review on android police mentioned a default resolution of fhd which can be changed in settings. Maybe this is the reason - battery life?

Other than this everyone seems to be very impressed with the built and design of the phone- that is good news.


So the Default Resolution is something that started with the Galaxy S7 Range Nougat Update back in January, basically when you update it defaults to HD1080P but I switched my S7 Edge back to WQHD, I did do a Battery test run with it in 1080P Vs. 1440P and the difference was probably an extra 30mins of usage or so.

The point of the S8 using 1080P is to ensure that it is compatible with all apps as not all apps support the new 18:9 aspect ratio as we have seen with the LG G6 reviews, YouTube for example is still in 16:9.

Most people will probably never have the Black Bar problem on their S8 when watching e.g. YouTube videos as they will stay on 1080P.

Now the cool part? Like the S7 the S8 has a Video Enhancement option, what this does is it boosts a number of things like Brightness, Saturation and Resolution to suit the video you are watching, so if for example you use the Netflix app it should adjust to 18:9 aspect ratio when you watch a video of that setup.

The Resolution Adjustments are also great for gaming, tune it to 720P with highest FPS the game can do and you are set.

It seems Samsung began preparing for the Aspect Ratio change years ago as all this means a more seamless experience on the S8.

Going to check some Hands-on reviews now.

Posted by aussieland1
Actually it is not full hd resolution but slightly higher to preserve the aspect ratio so i still think it is to do with battery more than other things . Also it seems like on you tube you are getting the black bar but it encouraging to see apps are displaying properly. Also I read that more content is fitted with emails (hopefully web browser too ) which is good.

Ars technica is praising the new design as well so that's good. I can't wait to see one in person .

Hands on review are praising the new dock system , so reviews so far generally positive

Posted by Tsepz_GP

On 2017-03-30 08:21:44, aussieland1 wrote:
Actually it is not full hd resolution but slightly higher to preserve the aspect ratio so i still think it is to do with battery more than other things . Also it seems like on you tube you are getting the black bar but it encouraging to see apps are displaying properly. Also I read that more content is fitted with emails (hopefully web browser too ) which is good.

Ars technica is praising the new design as well so that's good. I can't wait to see one in person .

Hands on review are praising the new dock system , so reviews so far generally positive


I hope it's for Battery but adjusting resolution can only help so much with battery, as the Display still lights up all the pixels, it's just the image that is now rendered in 1080P.

I wonder if the guys getting black bars in YouTube are using the phone at +WQHD.

Some are saying the New Dock system is as good as Continuum, I think Samsung partnered with MS to get the MS suit working well with it.

This gets me excited for the Note 8, if I can get a Note 8 with Samsung DeX I'll be very happy.

Posted by >500

On 2017-03-30 07:14:58, Tsepz_GP wrote:

The point of the S8 using 1080P is to ensure that it is compatible with all apps as not all apps support the new 18:9 aspect ratio as we have seen with the LG G6 reviews, YouTube for example is still in 16:9.



Any app that is updated/released from a developer to support Nougat 'should' also be compatible with the new screen ratio of the S8. Or developers can now, with Nougat, support ratios like this. Something along those lines anyway If an app/game doesn't support it, Samsung added an option to change it to fit the screen. Pressing the recent/apps key on the left will, as you know, bring up the recent apps. The new option next to the multi window button is an 'aspect ratio' button that will change the app to fit the whole screen. Once you change it, it stays that way until you change it back. Though I'm not sure why'd you want that...

The phone will have 3 modes:
- Gaming
- Entertainment
- High performance

They change things like resolution, brightness etc.

Bloody hell I sound like a sales person!!
[ This Message was edited by: >500 on 2017-03-30 08:17 ]


Posted by Tsepz_GP
The Samsung Galaxy S8 is the first phone with Bluetooth 5.0

http://www.theverge.com/2017/[....]laxy-s8-bluetooth-5-headphones


The Galaxy S8 will be the first smartphone capable of gigabit LTE speeds


http://www.theverge.com/circu[....]ne-gigabit-lte-speeds-t-mobile

Posted by Luca-S

On 2017-03-30 10:14:12, Tsepz_GP wrote:
The Samsung Galaxy S8 is the first phone with Bluetooth 5.0


Wrong!
XZ Premium was the first.

Posted by Tsepz_GP
Engadget have a Hands-On with Samsung DeX, I must say it is very impressive
https://youtu.be/QA31CaL_42A

Luca-S

I think The Verge are taking into consideration the fact that the Galaxy S8 will be in consumer hands before the XZ Premium, that's why they have called it the first.

Posted by Sassho
Again two type of camera sensors Exmor IMX333 and ISOCELL S5K2L2
https://www.sammobile.com/201[....]xy-s8-and-s8-from-two-vendors/

Posted by Tsepz_GP

On 2017-03-30 19:37:12, Sassho wrote:
Again two type of camera sensors Exmor IMX333 and ISOCELL S5K2L2
https://www.sammobile.com/201[....]xy-s8-and-s8-from-two-vendors/


Nice, similar ISOCELL sensor as in my S7 Edge Exynos (L1 in the S7 range). It does a fantastic job, Android Authority did do a comparison last year to the Sony sensor:

Galaxy S7 Isocell vs Sony camera sensor: what’s the difference?


Conclusion

The winner here is the Samsung’s ISOCELL sensor, as it got the upper hand in more sections. But remember that, ultimately, this is a very subjective matter. And Sony’s sensor is very close behind, so you’re not really losing with either variant.

http://www.androidauthority.c[....]-vs-sony-sensor-camera-680266/

Posted by Tibagy
Samsung Galaxy S8: First Encounter

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsu[....]8plus_hands_on-review-1595.php
[ This Message was edited by: Tibagy on 2017-03-31 01:05 ]


Posted by Tibagy
[Infographic] Spec Comparison: (New) Galaxy S8 Vs (Old) Galaxy S7

https://news.samsung.com/glob[....]parison-galaxy-s8-vs-galaxy-s7

Posted by Tibagy
[In-Depth Look] See More, Do More: The Galaxy S8 Infinity Display

https://news.samsung.com/glob[....]the-galaxy-s8-infinity-display

Posted by Tibagy
[In-Depth Look] A New Way To Interact With Your Phone: Bixby, The Galaxy S8 Intelligent Interface

https://news.samsung.com/glob[....]alaxy-s8-intelligent-interface

Posted by Tibagy
The Samsung Galaxy S8 Is Also Beautiful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvjnLDZjz5M

Posted by Tibagy
Samsung Galaxy S8 Vs LG G6: Quick Comparison At Samsung Unpacked 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WO8PX2F9yE

Posted by Ranjith
Such a pretty phone!

Except for the weird placement of the finger print scanner ( should have been at least below the camera ) and lack of stereo speaker ( should have at least re positioned the current one)..I love the phone!

Posted by GRANEDE
Good read.
https://www.cnet.com/news/rea[....]y-samsung-galaxy-s8-editorial/

Posted by Ranjith

On 2017-03-31 09:23:02, GRANEDE wrote:
Good read.
https://www.cnet.com/news/rea[....]y-samsung-galaxy-s8-editorial/


One editor wont buy a Galaxy, another wont buy a Pixel and probably another wont buy an iPhone.

Posted by GRANEDE
Another excellent samsung feature, you know other than the most f**ked up place to put the finger print scanner.
http://www.theverge.com/2017/[....]g-galaxy-s8-face-scan-security
Very well thought out and supremely well implemented feature that will not compromise security. Well done, samsung. I'm very Proud of you.
[ This Message was edited by: GRANEDE on 2017-03-31 13:40 ]


Posted by Tsepz_GP

On 2017-03-31 04:35:14, Ranjith wrote:
Such a pretty phone!

Except for the weird placement of the finger print scanner ( should have been at least below the camera ) and lack of stereo speaker ( should have at least re positioned the current one)..I love the phone!



May I ask what is this fascination people have with Stereo Speakers on a phone? I can never understand it. They seem to take up more space and not really bring any major benefit. Why not just have one large loud speaker that is well placed?

Yep, totally agree on the Fingerprint Scanner, it should be at the front, IMO, not anywhere else. I have tried phones like the LG V20 and Xperia XZ, one has it at the back and the other has it on the side, both are poorly placed, why on earth would you put such a crucial part of accessing the device anywhere else but the front? It makes no sense at all.

Samsung must hurry up with their Fingerprint Scanner tech for under the Display and not ever do this again.


Posted by aussieland1
As I said in the other thread I have the finger print reader in the back of my phone and so I don't see what the big deal is . Seemed odd at the start yes but once you get used to it is more than fine . I would find it odd to have it embedded in the screen for those instances when the screen is off I.e. How would you know where to place your finger ?

Stereo speaker is nice if you use speakers I.e playing music , a tv show . I had it on nexus 6 and it made a difference. If you don't use the speaker a lot then you won't really need it

Posted by Tsepz_GP

On 2017-04-01 07:10:23, aussieland1 wrote:
As I said in the other thread I have the finger print reader in the back of my phone and so I don't see what the big deal is . Seemed odd at the start yes but once you get used to it is more than fine . I would find it odd to have it embedded in the screen for those instances when the screen is off I.e. How would you know where to place your finger ?


An Always On Symbol of a Fingerprint in the area where the display supports it.

You could end up having a fingerprint scanner in the dead center of the Display, even more convenient.

Much like how Always On Display (AOD) works in the S7 now, this symbol will be on when the phone is out of your pocket and off when in your pocket. Simple.


Stereo speaker is nice if you use speakers I.e playing music , a tv show . I had it on nexus 6 and it made a difference. If you don't use the speaker a lot then you won't really need it


Do the loudspeakers on those phones provide enough bass for that? I use a large Bluetooth loudspeaker if I watching anything​ like series if I'm not using headphones.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2017-04-01 10:11 ]


Posted by aussieland1
An always display on would then use more battery , plus I am aldo wondering how would a screen protector affect the screen reader. My point is no finger print reader positioning is perfect

Of course through speakers it sounds better but again this would use more battery and plus you have to have the speakers available everywhere .point is if you want to use phone speakers it us better to have stereo speakers

Posted by Tsepz_GP

On 2017-04-01 12:03:42, aussieland1 wrote:
An always display on would then use more battery , plus I am aldo wondering how would a screen protector affect the screen reader. My point is no finger print reader positioning is perfect


I doubt it would take that much battery, as it is, my S7 Edge lasts about the same with or without AOD on, and seeing as we are moving towards more Smartphones having AOD I think this would be a feature that is carefully implemented, this could be the exact reason they have had to delay it, so as to get it as efficient and reliable as possible.


Of course through speakers it sounds better but again this would use more battery and plus you have to have the speakers available everywhere .point is if you want to use phone speakers it us better to have stereo speakers


I'll have to take your word for it.... Although I do own an iPad Air 2 with Stereo Speakers that give real bass and I still find them inadequate for anything other than watching a quick video or previewing something, anything more I will either plug in my headphones or Connect to the Bluetooth loudspeaker.

Posted by aussieland1
tsepz

Not that I don't believe you but on Gsmarena it is stated that always on display actually causes a big battery drain

http://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s7_edge-review-1409p3.php

Anyway I think we both argued our case 😊 and it is obvious we have a different opinion so let's leave it to this I suggest.

I can't wait for these 2 to come out it has been boring lately with the new mobile phones . Just wish s8 plus was cheaper as it really not offering anything different to normal s8

Posted by Tsepz_GP

On 2017-04-01 16:30:58, aussieland1 wrote:
tsepz

Not that I don't believe you but on Gsmarena it is stated that always on display actually causes a big battery drain

http://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s7_edge-review-1409p3.php

Anyway I think we both argued our case 😊 and it is obvious we have a different opinion so let's leave it to this I suggest.

I can't wait for these 2 to come out it has been boring lately with the new mobile phones . Just wish s8 plus was cheaper as it really not offering anything different to normal s8


Yep, I saw GSMArena's results with AOD, those damn results had me afraid of using AOD for sometime, and then I tried it out and realised that the phone still lasts a full day of heavy usage, I still get well over 6hours SOT with AOD, same as with it off.
By the way, what GSMArena don't take into consideration with their AOD test is the colour of the text or image you may pick in your AOD setup, remember some colours take more power than others in SuperAMOLED Displays
here's mine:



Hopefully their prices come down soon enough.

Posted by aussieland1
although I said I won't say anything else about the placement of the finger print reader I just wanted to clarify that while I think it is fine to have it on the back of the phone , i believe it is not fine to have it right at the top near the camera lense . The way LG and Google and Huawei had it below the camera lense is the better way

Posted by Tsepz_GP

On 2017-04-02 11:08:34, aussieland1 wrote:
although I said I won't say anything else about the placement of the finger print reader I just wanted to clarify that while I think it is fine to have it on the back of the phone , i believe it is not fine to have it right at the top near the camera lense . The way LG and Google and Huawei had it below the camera lense is the better way


Agreed. I'm not sure why Samsung thought this placement was okay.



Posted by aussieland1
Played with both today and my god they look nice. Luckily they are not available as i might have bought one . Still don't get the difference in price between the 2

Posted by Tibagy
Some Galaxy S8 Prototypes Appear To Have Featured a Dual-Camera Setup

https://www.sammobile.com/201[....]-featured-a-dual-camera-setup/

Posted by Sassho
Many S8 camera samples and compare with S7 Edge - little better but again Mid-range quality
http://mobile-review.com/review/samsung-galaxy-s8-preview.shtml

[ This Message was edited by: Sassho on 2017-04-03 06:30 ]


Posted by GRANEDE
Not related to S8 but I'm going to post it anyway.
http://www.phonearena.com/new[....]nknown-vulnerabilities_id92721

Posted by Hamedkhan
samsung galaxy s8 is available this month

i love the change in design... removing home button, adding new AI, iris scanner and all that..
[ This Message was edited by: Hamedkhan on 2017-05-04 08:37 ]


Posted by Tsepz_GP

On 2017-04-02 17:05:06, aussieland1 wrote:
Played with both today and my god they look nice. Luckily they are not available as i might have bought one . Still don't get the difference in price between the 2


Nice!

I went to a Samsung Experience store today but they didn't have, they still have S7s in the main display area.

Going to pop into my local Vodashop later today and see if there are any S8s, if not I'll just wait until next month to play on one.

Posted by aussieland1

On 2017-04-08 11:54:13, Tsepz_GP wrote:

Nice!

I went to a Samsung Experience store today but they didn't have, they still have S7s in the main display area.

Going to pop into my local Vodashop later today and see if there are any S8s, if not I'll just wait until next month to play on one.



It is a shame, here in U.K. Local carriers have them as well. I have to say I was disappointed with xz premium camera from gsmarena review so I am inclining ore towards s8 or s8 plus again

Posted by hello1000

On 2017-04-08 14:18:17, aussieland1 wrote:

On 2017-04-08 11:54:13, Tsepz_GP wrote:

Nice!

I went to a Samsung Experience store today but they didn't have, they still have S7s in the main display area.

Going to pop into my local Vodashop later today and see if there are any S8s, if not I'll just wait until next month to play on one.



It is a shame, here in U.K. Local carriers have them as well. I have to say I was disappointed with xz premium camera from gsmarena review so I am inclining ore towards s8 or s8 plus again


Dude, everyone knows that gsmarena is pro Samsung, No single Phone match the camera in al z series.

GSM arena or Samsungarena never complains about the camera from Samsung like oversharping, colors problems.

Only Sony Phone gets fully and detailed review by SamsyngArena. . Go and get that S8 with their shitty 2K fake color panel, mono speaker, boring design, crappy useless edge, laggy UI, bad battery Phone 👍

Posted by Tsepz_GP

On 2017-04-08 14:18:17, aussieland1 wrote:

On 2017-04-08 11:54:13, Tsepz_GP wrote:

Nice!

I went to a Samsung Experience store today but they didn't have, they still have S7s in the main display area.

Going to pop into my local Vodashop later today and see if there are any S8s, if not I'll just wait until next month to play on one.



It is a shame, here in U.K. Local carriers have them as well. I have to say I was disappointed with xz premium camera from gsmarena review so I am inclining ore towards s8 or s8 plus again


Indeed. It seems Sony just can't get the best out their sensors.

I have a feeling Galaxy and Pixel may take Best Cameras again this year, Samsung and Google seem to get it.

I didn't get to play with a S8 today, my local Vodashop don't have it, apparently it's just the 2 of the many major malls around Johannesburg that have them in network stores, no way I'm driving all the way to either just to try a phone so I'll wait.

Posted by rss_ndrsn
I was able to play with both S8 & S8+. Both phones felt nice in my hand and were very light. But both phones were not as good looking as I thought the phones would be. In fact, I think LG G6 looks better. S7 almost made me buy it but the glass back and UI made me wait for Xperia X Performance. But now I don't feel any desire to buy S8 or S8+. There is not much going on with both devices. And the prices for both phones are very high. Same goes with LG G6. $1000 CAD for the smaller screen.

Posted by Tsepz_GP
So I managed to find myself a one of the major malls that have S8 and S8+ today

People were hogging the S8+ so I settled with playing with the S8 and I must say, I was impressed by the build and that magnificent display!

It boggles the mind how Samsung year after year after year manage to make leaps in quality of each Display. The S8 Display is really sharp and bright.

I like how tall the Display is and how it manages to fit a lot more content, that is incredibly useful.

UI wise I was not blown away, it's not much different from S7.

Overall, very nice job by Samsung, and going by how many people were walking in to the shop JUST to try the S8 and S8+, this may go on to be the most successful Galaxy S model, I have never seen so many people (men and women) clammering up just to try a phone, you usually see that with iPhone, but not with an Android.

This same shop I went to had a huge Sony Stand some years ago outside the shop, they had the Z5 range out in all their glory in what is one of the highest traffic areas of a shopping mall on the African Continent, yet the Sony phones were barely getting any attention, they did this year's before this with the Xperia Play and the range that was out at the time and again, barely anyone really interested, people walking around the stand and either going into the shop to try the latest Galaxy at the time or going walking a few more shops down to the iStore (Apple Retailer).

Huawei are slowly encroaching here though, I am seeing Mate 9 advertising everywhere, and apparently they are growing rather quickly down here, so glad we have a 3rd major manufacturer, I wish they were faster at launching their stuff here though.

Posted by hello1000

On 2017-04-09 15:11:16, Tsepz_GP wrote:
So I managed to find myself a one of the major malls that have S8 and S8+ today

People were hogging the S8+ so I settled with playing with the S8 and I must say, I was impressed by the build and that magnificent display!

It boggles the mind how Samsung year after year after year manage to make leaps in quality of each Display. The S8 Display is really sharp and bright.

I like how tall the Display is and how it manages to fit a lot more content, that is incredibly useful.

UI wise I was not blown away, it's not much different from S7.

Overall, very nice job by Samsung, and going by how many people were walking in to the shop JUST to try the S8 and S8+, this may go on to be the most successful Galaxy S model, I have never seen so many people (men and women) clammering up just to try a phone, you usually see that with iPhone, but not with an Android.

This same shop I went to had a huge Sony Stand some years ago outside the shop, they had the Z5 range out in all their glory in what is one of the highest traffic areas of a shopping mall on the African Continent, yet the Sony phones were barely getting any attention, they did this year's before this with the Xperia Play and the range that was out at the time and again, barely anyone really interested, people walking around the stand and either going into the shop to try the latest Galaxy at the time or going walking a few more shops down to the iStore (Apple Retailer).

Huawei are slowly encroaching here though, I am seeing Mate 9 advertising everywhere, and apparently they are growing rather quickly down here, so glad we have a 3rd major manufacturer, I wish they were faster at launching their stuff here though.



Ofcourse, since Samsung pay bonussen to major retailers in years and many adds, or selected reviews pay by Samsung than people get braunwashed..

Those people who went that store they dont know better, dont blame those brainers blame Samsung for that.

Good luck with that.

Posted by alexander87

On 2017-04-09 15:11:16, Tsepz_GP wrote:

I like how tall the Display is and how it manages to fit a lot more content, that is incredibly useful.



Don't eat up all the marketing they stuff down your throat man, what the hell:

https://www.xda-developers.co[....]user-experience-18-9-problems/

Read up on it, they mention the S8's case too.

Posted by Tsepz_GP

On 2017-04-09 15:18:26, hello1000 wrote:

On 2017-04-09 15:11:16, Tsepz_GP wrote:
So I managed to find myself a one of the major malls that have S8 and S8+ today

People were hogging the S8+ so I settled with playing with the S8 and I must say, I was impressed by the build and that magnificent display!

It boggles the mind how Samsung year after year after year manage to make leaps in quality of each Display. The S8 Display is really sharp and bright.

I like how tall the Display is and how it manages to fit a lot more content, that is incredibly useful.

UI wise I was not blown away, it's not much different from S7.

Overall, very nice job by Samsung, and going by how many people were walking in to the shop JUST to try the S8 and S8+, this may go on to be the most successful Galaxy S model, I have never seen so many people (men and women) clammering up just to try a phone, you usually see that with iPhone, but not with an Android.

This same shop I went to had a huge Sony Stand some years ago outside the shop, they had the Z5 range out in all their glory in what is one of the highest traffic areas of a shopping mall on the African Continent, yet the Sony phones were barely getting any attention, they did this year's before this with the Xperia Play and the range that was out at the time and again, barely anyone really interested, people walking around the stand and either going into the shop to try the latest Galaxy at the time or going walking a few more shops down to the iStore (Apple Retailer).

Huawei are slowly encroaching here though, I am seeing Mate 9 advertising everywhere, and apparently they are growing rather quickly down here, so glad we have a 3rd major manufacturer, I wish they were faster at launching their stuff here though.



Ofcourse, since Samsung pay bonussen to major retailers in years and many adds, or selected reviews pay by Samsung than people get braunwashed..

Those people who went that store they dont know better, dont blame those brainers blame Samsung for that.

Good luck with that.


our resident tinfoil hat, you never cease to entertain with your conspiracy theories and radical hate of Samsung.


On 2017-04-09 15:34:51, alexander87 wrote:

On 2017-04-09 15:11:16, Tsepz_GP wrote:

I like how tall the Display is and how it manages to fit a lot more content, that is incredibly useful.



Don't eat up all the marketing they stuff down your throat man, what the hell:

https://www.xda-developers.co[....]user-experience-18-9-problems/

Read up on it, they mention the S8's case too.



Marketing only does so much.

I went and used the phone and what I found is that the taller Display allows more to be fitted especially when using Multiwindow Multitasking, especially for those of us who tend to text while watching something, the S8 does the best job of managing to fit a Video, Text with Quoted text and keyboard on a single Display, something 16:9 made difficult.

Lol, even your article sees the good and future use cases for 18:9.

I fully expect you to eat it all up once Sony eventually do it.

Posted by aussieland1
Tsepz

I agree with what you said . This new screen ratio is perfect for multi tasking and all other apps will be slowly designed to.fit more content .I though i read that browser already does which is already great

S8 plus is quite a bit taller than s8 . It is nice but considering the price difference for almost an idea tical phone i am more tempted by s8



Posted by Tibagy
Samsung Galaxy S8 Official TVC: Breaking Out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKSVpOwB_jU


Pages:
1234  Next
Click to view updated thread with images


© Esato.com - From the Esato mobile phone discussion forum