Author AMERICA ~(^-^)~ IRAQ
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-10 16:30
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:

On 2005-07-09 20:01:39, cycne wrote:
@whizkidd if we are talking about what they are doing ..... They are just stealing whatever the resources they have and if someone tries to oppose them then they kill them and say that they are terrorists ........

I am not an expert on these conspiracy theories, I don't pay much attention to them actually but I understand that part of rebuilding a country like Iraq involves helping it's citizens to sell it's oil on the open market. A pipeline would be crucial to this, wouldn't you think?
Previously all oil earnings went to Saddam. How do you think he built so many palaces? The oil earnings should now be going to the new Iraqi Government. This is not the same thing as Bush stealing oil. Bush does not own/run the Iraqi Government.

John Kerry, Michael Moore, the French and German Leaders, even Saddam Hussain opposed Bush. All of these people are still alive.
Prehaps you were confused with Robert Mugabi, Pol Pot, Adolf Hitler, Fidel Castro and South Africa's Aparthied Regime. They all kill thier opponents.

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2005-07-11 10:20 ]
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-10 16:36
@Jim
Thanks, I am interested in genuine debate on these issues, not slogans and conspiracy theories. I am open to correction on any point; I don't know everything... but I try to.
Best Debater - Esato Awards 2010
Best Phone Review - Esato Awards 2008
Visiting NZ with your mobile - all you need to know
gelfen
Z600
PM
Posted: 2005-07-12 07:14
@carkitter: it's nice to see some moderate, reasoned debate for a change

@all: since this thread essentially treads a lot of old ground i thought i'd link to one of the original topic about this issue:

The Gulf War 2 Thread - Stick to the topic this time

i suggest everyone reads this topic and the earlier threads linked within because they do address a large number of the myths and half-truths (on both sides) which seem to prevail in these sorts of threads.
Whomsoever you see in distress, recognize in him a fellow man

Gelfen's special place where nobody talks to him anymore
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi