Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > Star Wars Episode 3 Viewers Opinions

Previous  1234  Next
Author Star Wars Episode 3 Viewers Opinions
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-23 15:01
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@O2

I think he probably did, although perhaps that says more for us being alike than we realise.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2005-05-23 15:20
Quote:

On 2005-05-23 04:58:19, Gigs wrote:
Isn't SW something like an 18-23 Billion dollar franchise already?

If so, George Lucas may not be FAR behind the footsteps of Bill Gates Now, that the Star wars saga has finally ENDED, what will he be thinking of next [addsig]
ares
P1
PM
Posted: 2005-05-23 15:28
I liked the film overrall...one of the best overall...

Maybe the fact that we are star wars fans can blind us for the most negative aspects, but i think the global result is really good:

Good:

Mace Windu
The Emperor (rules)
Obi Wan
Christensen as Sith

Not good:

Stupid balcony love scene
Images from the attack to the Jedi Temple are very brief
Stooopid lizard rided by Obi Wan
Christensen as Jedi

Now i just wish Lucas will make some movies about the KOTOR saga!!!
SE w880 + Iphone 4 16gb
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2005-05-23 15:55
@scotsboyuk
yup true.. espacially in asia, theres so many races/religion living together in an area... and sharing one common goal to watch starwars.. is a good feeling or anyone on earth for that matter...

Hehe.. next thing u know it, maybe the US soldiers in Iraq and the people of Iraq finally settle to live in peace just to watch starwars together... it might be possible.. its too gd to be true.. but we hope for the best..

SPOILERS

IGN Review is stating all the negative facts in the SWE3 movie.. 3/5 rating... a comments by IGN below..

"In the earlier prequels, Jedi skydive from tremendous heights, dodging aerial traffic & leaping from impossibly high balconies like flying squirrels. So, how can a principal Jedi character (Mace Windu) in this film die...by falling? The same discrepancy rears its ugly head in Episode VI - Return of the Jedi, by the way. This undercuts the intent of the sequence, and the fate of the key character."

END OF SPOILERS

Lucas possible next project -

Remake of all 6 episodes in 3D!!! (HHmmm isnt 80% of the movie already in 3D..)

This Fall, Lucas & Company will begin developing a live-action television series set in the twenty year time span between Episode III and Episode IV. Samething as they did in StarWars for cartoon network.. but this time its not cartoon..
Never Give Up!
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-23 16:37
Spoilers Ahead!

That IGN review doesn't seem to take account of the fact that Windu had just had his arm sliced off and was probably in a state of deep shock, not to mention pain after having been blasted with force lightning.

As for the Emperor's death, where was he supposed to jump to? JHe was thrown into the reactor pit, he didn;t actually die from the fall, but rather from the intense radio-thermal energy.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
Gigs
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-23 23:08
The key think IGN are missing is that jedi and sith alike don't spend their time levitating all around the place.. when they fall they know the outcome of the fall. Its a forcey thing.

gelfen
Z600
PM
Posted: 2005-05-24 02:15
actually, jedi can levitate to a certain extent. i think the key thing that IGN is missing is that it's a work of fiction, so the characters' deaths are meant to be dramatic, not logical. anyway, in the prequels they weren't gliding but skydiving onto a target - not falling uncontrollably to their death.

@scots: i understand the philosophy behind what yoda was telling him (i.e. let go of your fears and trust in the force) but for me it didn't quite hit the right compassionate notes and was almost a bit dismissive of anakin's concerns. my gripe was with the delivery, not the intent.

@scots & o2: the jedi are indeed based on ancient, eastern philosophies (taoism, confucionism, buddhism), with a strong undercurrent of samuri honour. however, the similarities between these and later islamic/judeo-christian ideoligies isn't entirely coincidental.

the phrase "May the Force be with you" was intended to be a non-faith specific benediction, which can be equally analogous to many religious sayings:

"May peace be upon you" (a not uniquely Islamic phrase)
"May god go with you" (more judeo-christian)
"May god/allah/[insert name of chosen deity] guide you"

in many ways, "the force" is a metaphor for belief in yourself, your own goodness of spirit and selflessness. conversely, the "dark side" refers to your inner demons, fears and greed.
Whomsoever you see in distress, recognize in him a fellow man

Gelfen's special place where nobody talks to him anymore
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-24 02:53
@gelfen

I have to disagree with you regarding Yoday. For me the delivery was really rather well done. The message Yoda was giving Anakin has to be taken in context, Anakin is supposed to be a Jedi, someone who is somewhat detached from normal life, althouhg of course he isn't. The message itself perhaps sounded somewhat 'cold' because of its simplicity; we are used to people being overly sympathetic towards one another when in such situation, not simple logic that answers the question directly without unnecessary emotion.

The Force is very similar to the Toa (Dao), although I can't ever recall saying or hearing "May the Tao be with you."
gelfen
Z600
PM
Posted: 2005-05-24 05:40
i understand and agree with what you are saying, i just couldn't help feeling it was a trifle "off" when i heard it - not much, just a little. i might have to reassess my opinion after i see it again. however, i liked the ironic twist with padme's death a direct result of anakin's actions.

the other aspect i really loved was that, when you look at the six films, the "prophecy" surrounding anakin is true but not in the way anyone anticipated. he brought balance to the force by joining the sith and destroying the jedi (who had become too numerous and powerful as a group), but in the end he also destroyed the sith - something he would probably not have been able to do had he stayed on the "light side" of the force.

K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2005-05-25 14:58
@Gelfen
Impressive with ur understanding about the force and Anakin as the chosen one to balance the force.. Bottom line is.. Anakin IS the chosen one... but to do a greater gd.. u have to do a bit of evil.. which Anakin path lies.. now im just waiting for the whole movie in DVD or in a single Blue-Ray disc.. when I've bought my PS3.. hehehe...
Never Give Up!
batesie
T66 black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-25 15:06
Quote:

On 2005-05-24 05:40:23, gelfen wrote:
however, i liked the ironic twist with padme's death a direct result of anakin's actions.

the other aspect i really loved was that, when you look at the six films, the "prophecy" surrounding anakin is true but not in the way anyone anticipated. he brought balance to the force by joining the sith and destroying the jedi (who had become too numerous and powerful as a group), but in the end he also destroyed the sith - something he would probably not have been able to do had he stayed on the "light side" of the force.

Saw it last night excellent film up there in my top 10 all time films.

and i agree the irony was a clever part of the film.
its now made me want to see them all in order!
well 4,5,6,1,2,3..... [addsig]
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2005-05-25 17:18
why not 1,2,3,4,5,6....??
Never Give Up!
batesie
T66 black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-25 17:24
and that! both ways round! [addsig]
gelfen
Z600
PM
Posted: 2005-05-27 09:30
Quote:

On 2005-05-25 14:58:49, 02 wrote:
@Gelfen
Impressive with ur understanding about the force

thanks

i am currently accepting applications for a padawan learner...

50Cent
W800
PM
Posted: 2005-05-27 11:06
it might be a good idea to put *SPOLIERS* on the thread title... so that people who havent seen the movie wont look at the thread . You may ask "why would any who doesnt want to know what happens in the film read a thread called "Star Wars Episode 3 Viewers opinions"?" I'm not sure myself... but it could happen

Just a suggestion
Trusted Trader: 50Cent (+6, -0)
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi